What's new

Questions about regiments and how they work

Abdur_Ruffay

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So I would like to join the Pakistan Army and I know the complete procedure of how to do that but I have a few doubts or questions in mind, I really hope a brother could help me out here:

1) I heard that the cadets who are top 10 in PMA, can select their regiments, is this true and what about the Corp they want to go to, can every cadet select that

2) Also could some one explain the regiment system to me, I do understand it but how does it work, like for example Inshallah I will be from top 10 cadets, and I choose Baloch Regiment, does that mean I will only be able to serve in Balochistan

3) And I know that every 2 years they give you your posting to a different spot, so will I only be getting postings in the Balochistan Province or other places as well, like will I be able to get a posting to Azad Kashmir.

if some one could help me out by answering these questions I would be grateful

So I would like to join the Pakistan Army and I know the complete procedure of how to do that but I have a few doubts or questions in mind, I really hope a brother could help me out here:

1) I heard that the cadets who are top 10 in PMA, can select their regiments, is this true and what about the Corp they want to go to, can every cadet select that

2) Also could some one explain the regiment system to me, I do understand it but how does it work, like for example Inshallah I will be from top 10 cadets, and I choose Baloch Regiment, does that mean I will only be able to serve in Balochistan

3) And I know that every 2 years they give you your posting to a different spot, so will I only be getting postings in the Balochistan Province or other places as well, like will I be able to get a posting to Azad Kashmir.

if some one could help me out by answering these questions I would be grateful

The top cadets get to choose the regiment/unit they want to serve in. Other than that children of army personal can also choose their fathers or their ancestors regiment/unit. This is known as parental right.
The army structure is such that most units are part of a brigade, which inturn is part of a division, which inturn is part of a Corps. So in short all regiments are part of a Corps. So the regiment u choose will determine the corps.
Do remember as all regiments are rotated in n out of diff formations after a certain time, depending if they are serving in peace time or on a war front.
Joining baluch or Punjab or sind etc regiments does not mean that u will be serving in that that geographical location. Like I said above all PA units are rotated in an out of different formations after a certain time .
If nothing else u will get to see Pakistan like no one else.

Hope it helps

The top cadets get to choose the regiment/unit they want to serve in. Other than that children of army personal can also choose their fathers or their ancestors regiment/unit. This is known as parental right.
The army structure is such that most units are part of a brigade, which inturn is part of a division, which inturn is part of a Corps. So in short all regiments are part of a Corps. So the regiment u choose will determine the corps.
Do remember as all regiments are rotated in n out of diff formations after a certain time, depending if they are serving in peace time or on a war front.
Joining baluch or Punjab or sind etc regiments does not mean that u will be serving in that that geographical location. Like I said above all PA units are rotated in an out of different formations after a certain time .
If nothing else u will get to see Pakistan like no one else.

Hope it helps

Thank you soo much for your help, ok so another question

If I join Baloch Regiment of the Infantry Corp, what are the chances for me the serve in different parts of Pakistan and show my worth for the Army

also in your opinion which would be the best Regiment in Infantry

and in your opinion which is better Armour or Infantry

also last thing but could you jus give me a brief over view of how Infantry works in Pakistan and how first six months are for a cadet after completing PMA

Thank you soo much for your help, ok so another question

If I join Baloch Regiment of the Infantry Corp, what are the chances for me the serve in different parts of Pakistan and show my worth for the Army

also in your opinion which would be the best Regiment in Infantry

and in your opinion which is better Armour or Infantry

also last thing but could you jus give me a brief over view of how Infantry works in Pakistan and how first six months are for a cadet after completing PMA
Baloch regiment is part of the infantry. If u join PA n serve long enough u will see Pakistan.
Their are no good n bad regiments in PA. Their are regiments that are 100s of year old n have lots of history, while their are other which are relatively new. So u got to decide first wt arm of the army u would like to be in n on basis of that u can choose ur regiment.
But all that is far far away, first u need to get selected n let me tell u that it's no cake walk as millions apply for each course so the competition is tough.
So prepare ur self and once u reach pma n have been their for two years u will know exactly wt to do n where to go.

Baloch center is in Abbotabad

Baloch regiment is part of the infantry. If u join PA n serve long enough u will see Pakistan.
Their are no good n bad regiments in PA. Their are regiments that are 100s of year old n have lots of history, while their are other which are relatively new. So u got to decide first wt arm of the army u would like to be in n on basis of that u can choose ur regiment.
But all that is far far away, first u need to get selected n let me tell u that it's no cake walk as millions apply for each course so the competition is tough.
So prepare ur self and once u reach pma n have been their for two years u will know exactly wt to do n where to go.

Yes that would be the continuation of my question,

How would you say I should practice for PMA and ISSB, also would you say that Cadet Colleges help, in joining PMA, also in your opinion what is better Infantry or Armor
I mean I already know what I want to do but if I could jus get some more guidance, I really thank you for your time, also how hard would you say it would be to get selected by ISSB

Yes that would be the continuation of my question,

How would you say I should practice for PMA and ISSB, also would you say that Cadet Colleges help, in joining PMA, also in your opinion what is better Infantry or Armor
I mean I already know what I want to do but if I could jus get some more guidance, I really thank you for your time, also how hard would you say it would be to get selected by ISSB

cadet colleges do help a alot. they help you conditioned your self and prepare for prime time. all teh examples i know who went from Cadet colleges to military academies are very successful. and the selection rate is very high from cadet colleges

cadet colleges do help a alot. they help you conditioned your self and prepare for prime time. all teh examples i know who went from Cadet colleges to military academies are very successful. and the selection rate is very high from cadet colleges

thank you for your reply

Also does anyone know in their opinion what would be the best regiment to join to get a chance to prove themself, as in prove where we could go and fight the enemy head on (for infantry)
Like would the Azad Kashmir Regiment be better or the Baloch or Frontier Fighter etc....

Also will your regiment ever be changed during your service

Would really appreciate all your replies
@syed_yusuf
@RealNapster
@Reichmarshal

thank you for your reply

Also does anyone know in their opinion what would be the best regiment to join to get a chance to prove themself, as in prove where we could go and fight the enemy head on (for infantry)
Like would the Azad Kashmir Regiment be better or the Baloch or Frontier Fighter etc....

Also will your regiment ever be changed during your service

Would really appreciate all your replies
@syed_yusuf
@RealNapster
@Reichmarshal
As mentioned before, there are no good or bad regiments, each has its own history and culture, they’re all part of the same army. True theres different humans serving in each and their can be personal differences, but removing that they’re all the same. I don’t think there should be any such differentiation unless you’re interested in a specific arm like artillery, armor, infantry etc.
Regiments are rotated in and out of combat areas, UN missions and other duties periodically, everyone gets equal chances to fight, to train and to prove themselves. Again, this can be affected by the temperament and decisions of officers present in the regiment, but we can’t account for that.

Regiments can indeed be changed during service, as an example, a family member of mine, when commissioned, was in the 35th Heavy artillery regiment, then a few years later when the 139th SP medium artillery regiment was formed, he moved there. That’s one case, there can be others.

Edit: I checked your age on your profile, you’re still pretty young, I think it’s a little too early for you to be deciding and talking about this stuff, focus on your studies. When and if the time comes for you to join the Pakistan armed forces, you will have the capacity and understanding to make a decision IA. Just keep working hard. Focus on your studies for now :)

As mentioned before, there are no good or bad regiments, each has its own history and culture, they’re all part of the same army. True theres different humans serving in each and their can be personal differences, but removing that they’re all the same. I don’t think there should be any such differentiation unless you’re interested in a specific arm like artillery, armor, infantry etc.
Regiments are rotated in and out of combat areas, UN missions and other duties periodically, everyone gets equal chances to fight, to train and to prove themselves. Again, this can be affected by the temperament and decisions of officers present in the regiment, but we can’t account for that.

Regiments can indeed be changed during service, as an example, a family member of mine, when commissioned, was in the 35th Heavy artillery regiment, then a few years later when the 139th SP medium artillery regiment was formed, he moved there. That’s one case, there can be others.

Edit: I checked your age on your profile, you’re still pretty young, I think it’s a little too early for you to be deciding and talking about this stuff, focus on your studies. When and if the time comes for you to join the Pakistan armed forces, you will have the capacity and understanding to make a decision IA. Just keep working hard. Focus on your studies for now :)

Thank you for your answers brother, and yes while I may be young and am focusing on studies, I have pretty much made my decision to join the army, inshallah, Allah will help me in ,y endeavors

Khudda line officers usually in the twilight of their careers also end up their.

Thank you for your answers brother, and yes while I may be young and am focusing on studies, I have pretty much made my decision to join the army, inshallah, Allah will help me in ,y endeavors
Important part is to deliver in what you are doing i.e. your present studies. For dreams to realise, one would need to dedicate himself in step by step approach. First step is do well in present state/ duties and then build on it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom