What's new

question of procurement of nuclear weapons in 1960s

why did ayub khan rejected idea of nukes in 1960s

Cuz he was stupid and thought that US will give Pak nuclear weapons :rofl:

How dumb you have to be to view the world like this. Hopefully current Pakistan’s military leadership is not that childlishly naive and have plans for all eventualities

Cuz he was stupid and thought that US will give Pak nuclear weapons :rofl:

How dumb you have to be to view the world like this. Hopefully current Pakistan’s military leadership is not that childlishly naive and have plans for all eventualities
pakistan was part of defense agreement, it was more like an idea of nuclear protection against india/USSR
but yes he was an idiot when it comes this particular point

Did Ayub Khan really expect to get Nukes from USA when needed if India developed one? lmao

My opinion of dictators is going down everyday. Not only army generals are stupid but ruined Pakistan. Now current COAS is also meddling in politics against the interests of Pakistan.

pakistan was part of defense agreement, it was more like an idea of nuclear protection against india/USSR
but yes he was an idiot when it comes this particular point

Ayub Khan operation Gibraltar 1965 was another one of his brain farts to gain legitimacy as dictator. His successor Musharraf tried same with Kargil war.

Did Ayub Khan really expect to get Nukes from USA when needed if India developed one? lmao

My opinion of dictators is going down everyday. Not only army generals are stupid but ruined Pakistan. Now current COAS is also meddling in politics against the interests of Pakistan.

Ayub Khan operation Gibraltar 1965 was another one of his brain farts to gain legitimacy as dictator. His successor Musharraf tried same with Kargil war.
come on why bring PML N in every thread
most of the work on nukes was however done in 1980s by zia

come on why bring PML N in every thread
most of the work on nukes was however done in 1980s by zia

I'm not bringing N league. Nuclear program was started by Bhutto. Before I had some doubts and gave benefit of doubt to army generals. But this interview is eye opening. Work on nuclear program should have been started in 50-60's. The only downside I can think of is Bangladesh would still be part of Pakistan.

I'm not bringing N league. Nuclear program was started by Bhutto. Before I had some doubts and gave benefit of doubt to army generals. But this interview is eye opening. Work on nuclear program should have been started in 50-60's. The only downside I can think of is Bangladesh would still be part of Pakistan.
you cant nuke the whole population, there was a genuine revolt in bengal..buy yeah things might have been differentwouldn't have been easy to do that in 1950s given both russia and USA agrred that no one esle should have nukes

you cant nuke the whole population, there was a genuine revolt in bengal..buy yeah things might have been differentwouldn't have been easy to do that in 1950s given both russia and USA agrred that no one esle should have nukes

Not Bengalis but India. But Ayub Khan shortsightedness helped Pakistan get rid of east bengal.

Back
Top Bottom