What's new

Question for some here

Yo brother.. are you saying no Indians contributed to the growth of IT in this world?? Please clarify.

No Sir, i never ever said that Indians did not made contribution to the IT sector, indians did make a lot of contribution, even the USB co-inventor is an Indian Ajay Bhatt, who also had a hand on Accelerated Graphics Port, PCI Express, Platform Power management architecture and various chipset enhancements. He is the Intel's Chief I/O architect.

Vinod Dham is often referred to as the father of the Intel Pentium processor, although many people, including John H. Crawford (of i386 and i486 alumni), were involved in the design and development of the processor.

For better understanding kindly see the whole discussion that we did, and in that context I wrote the above quoted sentence, but unfortunately the both Indian dudes were high on something and couldn't understand the discussion being done.

Afghans prefer Taliban to US troops?
Fri, 03 Jul 2009 14:54:38 GMT

US forces engaged in a massive anti-Taliban military operation in southern Afghanistan have become the target of Afghan resentment.
While some Afghan villagers have joined the Taliban out of poverty or fear, others, enraged by the loss of relatives in US air strikes, have taken up arms to seek revenge on foreign troops or to protect their homes

Residents and local officials warn that Operation Khanjar -- which sees the advancement of 4,000 US Marines to eliminate militant elements in the south -- could fuel tensions.

The Taliban virtually rule much of the southern provinces such as Kandahar and Helmand, with seven districts out of the latter's 13 districts controlled by the militants.

Still worse, many Afghans believe they would be better off under the Taliban extremism and view artillery fire and air strikes by foreign forces as more dangerous.

"People are hostages of the Taliban, but they look at the coalition also as the enemy, because they have not seen anything good from them in seven or eight years," said Hajji Abdul Ahad Helmandwal, a district council leader from Nadali in Helmand Province.

In opium-producing Helmand, many hold grudges against NATO soldiers for mistreating them during counter-narcotics operations. They complain that the troops carried out nighttime raids on houses, killed people inside their homes, and turned their sniffer dogs on them.

US military officials say Marines will seek opportunities to talk to village elders upon their arrival to explain their presence there.

Afghans prefer Taliban to US troops?

Sure they didn't do 9/11 but they sure did provide a safe haven for the likes of Osama to live under their rule. In addition, Osama has even financed the Taliban. One of Osama's daughters is also reportedly married to Mullah Omar. There are so many other linkages.......... Aren't they like brothers?

I wonder how much short memory the Yankees and other biased people have. Osama financed the Taliban. yes right but who had financed Osama in the first place ? Non Other than CIA and the Good US of A. Who's members now can only see Osama as culprit and not ready to accept that this culprit was aftherd by the Americans.

Wasnt it the same Osama who was used by CIA and US to fund Global Jehad ?

S2 and humanist come on be neutral and accept the fact that all the fundamentalist movements are result of US policy and its funding of these movements. All of these have roots tied to the Afghan Jehad waged by the Americans

I wonder how much short memory the Yankees and other biased people have. Osama financed the Taliban. yes right but who had financed Osama in the first place ? Non Other than CIA and the Good US of A. Who's members now can only see Osama as culprit and not ready to accept that this culprit was aftherd by the Americans.

S2 and humanist come on be neutral and accept the fact that all the fundamentalist movements are result of US policy and its funding of these movements. All of these have roots tied to the Afghan Jehad waged by the Americans

Jana, sorry for saying this, but why are u wasting ur time and energy for people who are so stubborn that they will never accept their fault and recognize their own mistakes.

I would suggest to utilize ur energy where sensible people can understand and accept.

I would have diverted u to a thread in which i had replied S-2 with his BS, and asked many questions, but alas i can't as they have some horrific pictures, posted just to show S-2 some part of the reality.

Jana, sorry for saying this, but why are u wasting ur time and energy for people who are so stubborn that they will never accept their fault and recognize their own mistakes.

I would suggest to utilize ur energy where sensible people can understand and accept.

I would have diverted u to a thread in which i had replied S-2 with his BS, and asked many questions, but alas i can't as they have some horrific pictures, posted just to show S-2 some part of the reality.

I know :) but no worries. we can not just let them propagate their one-sided view, without countering them with the other side of the view too.

No matter if he or his country accept it or not the saner sections indeed question the hypocracy of Americans.

There is a idiom in Pashto which goes like " The one who is peeing in the public think that nobody is watching him but its the one who can not see the entire world is watching him" ;)

Interviews with Osama bin Laden in 1996 by Robert Fisk@Everything2.com
"Personally neither I nor my brothers saw evidence of American help. When my mujahedin were victorious and the Russsians were driven out, differences started (between the guerilla movements) so I returned to road construction in Taif and Abha. I brrought back the equipment I had used to build tunnels and roads for the mujahedin in Afghanistan. Yes, I helped some of my comrades to come here to Sudan after the war."
Our memory is just fine, so are our skills with the web browser.

:cheers:

Interviews with Osama bin Laden in 1996 by Robert Fisk@Everything2.com

Our memory is just fine, so is our skills with the web browser.

:cheers:

Lolzz since when you have started believing him in the first place ?? ;) ah nevermind.

So you are saying that US had not helped Osama and the Mujahideen during Afghan War against Russia ????

And the basis for your claim is just one interview???

Hmm yeh you Americans have good skills in twisting and misleading the world just like WMDs in Iraq.

Lolzz since when you have started believing him in the first place ?? ;) ah nevermind.

If you actually do read Robert Fisk, you would have known that Fisk is no friend of the US.

So you are saying that US had not helped Osama and the Mujahideen during Afghan War against Russia ????
Did I deny our involvement in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation of the country? The bin Laden family name was ALREADY well known in Saudi Arabia for many government construction projects, so if Osama himself was known to US, which is dubious in the first place, he would have been associated with his family name, not that we had any operations or direct associations with him.

Hmm yeh you Americans have good skills in twisting and misleading the world just like WMDs in Iraq.
You are in no position to debate the WMD issue.

Hey i thought US has already admitted it had helped the mujahadeen against russia. But i wonder they ever had helped Osama.

But the major mistake that they did was once they are done with their objective, they left the mess behind, which started to stink and act as a fodder for these extremist.

I don't know whether american have any long term plan or vision for the concept of extremists free world, other than killing some Taliban in Afghanistan. I hope they do..!!!

:) i see you are a military professional so i hope you would be knowing that it was Osama Bin Laden was central to that policy in the 1980s. He built the Khost tunnel complex, funded by the CIA, as a major arms depot in 1986.
Utter BS. Now you are telling the world that the Afghan resistance to the Soviets would have been nothing without Osama bin Laden. You are grossly inflating his stature at that time to salvage your failed argument. If Osama himself did have direct associations with US he would have taken it as a point of pride in his Fisk interview, after all, many of the Taliban did came to receive US aid and we made no secrets of our involvement in Afghanistan.

Hey i thought US has already admitted it had helped the mujahadeen against russia. But i wonder they ever had helped Osama.

But the major mistake that they did was once they are done with their objective, they left the mess behind, which started to stink and act as a fodder for these extremist.

I don't know whether american have any long term plan or vision for the concept of extremists free world, other than killing some Taliban in Afghanistan. I hope they do..!!!

Osama was central to CIA policy at that time. If someone denies link of Osama with US and CIA then indeed its more than hypocracy.

Utter BS. Now you are telling the world that the Afghan resistance to the Soviets would have been nothing without Osama bin Laden. You are grossly inflating his stature at that time to salvage your failed argument. If Osama himself did have direct associations with US he would have taken it as a point of pride in his Fisk interview, after all, many of the Taliban did came to receive US aid and we made no secrets of our involvement in Afghanistan.

Afghan resistance had many other factors other than OBL. If you are assuming things on your own i can not help it.

And no Osama Bin Laden could not have taken it as point to pride because after US ditched the Afghans and ruined their country to block Russia, Osama turned his back to US. And as CIA uses a code name blowback, Osama indeed is a blowback for CIA.

If Osama accepts his link with US it will indeed ruin his ideology on the basis of which he is now uniting fighters from arround the world against US.

In this interview he denied any aid to Mujahideen from US which is an utter lie.

Osama was central to CIA policy at that time. If someone denies link of Osama with US and CIA then indeed its more than hypocracy.

I think the point whether US helped OSAMA or not is irrelevant, as they have already admitted they had supported mujhadeins. So it doesnt matter if they had helped terrorist A or terrorist B.

I always had thought america as a teenage boy with a big gun in his hand. Ready to fire based on its logic, however funny or stupid it may sound for the grown ups. Minding their own business is a trait of their society but not of their government

But i think they are learning from their mistakes and growing up, and i think we all should support them in Afghanistan, especially after Hilary Clinton bold statement and a good leader ship in Obama who wants to change the status of america as a leader with goodwill and not as a leader by guns. But to prove that they should definitely have a long term plan in Afghanistan and now in IRAQ(which was the result of such teenage decision) and not just bam bam boom boom and get the hell out.

The original Afghan Taliban (which is still ruling most of Afghanistan) were not responsible for 9/11. Please, these guys dont even know where US is on the world map but they know how to fight invaders. They are AFGHANS NOT ARABS.

The US blames Al Queda for 9/11 which is/was lead by ARAB Osama Bin Laden.

Al Queda and Taliban are two different groups.

Do some research before writing up a post next time.

is the PAK and SA is the only country who recognize Taliban in Afganistan?

2) Istnt the PAK send fingers to join Taliban in Afghanistan?

3) Isnt, it is Taliban who supported AQ in afganistan?

4) isnt ISI backed Taliban with men and material in Afghanistan?

Back
Top Bottom