What's new

Que Sera Sera by Brigadier (R) Samson Simon Sharaf

You need to understand that PTI will not be a Magic Wand to resolve issues plagued by bad politics for the past 60 years. Perhaps many of the issues will need a long time to resolve. Our first priority would be the socio-economic development and with it building syncretism and pluralism in our diversity. This done, the next step would be engaging diversities in positive cooperation and mutuality of interest. It is after having done this would we co-opt the tribal areas into a new contract with the federation.

One of our veteran's, @muse will have a lot of questions for you on this.

I would suggest personally don't make it into an elections issue. It has many pitfalls that your opponents would exploit. Its one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things.

Come to power and try to reduce the issues, make them more manageable and then make big policy decisions.

My personal expectation from PTI is that at some point it would be bold enough to abolish these ridiculous blasphemy laws... But I understand if done now, it will be like "OMG they are anti-Islam". But the ball should be set in motion towards it.

Similarly you need to establish calm towards the tribal areas. In a culture of non-violence can your breed modern thought processes into their midst. I understand that you cannot do this, without first stopping all the bombs from going off.

But do remember you can probably just get an armistice not a peace treaty and the way you deal with the terrorism problem will define the way PTI looks while dealing with Pakistan's other problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mentioned the overhang of the US led withdrawal. This is the way the establishment will move, the same one that took a somersault 6 years ago, failed in Raymond Davis, Abbotabad, Salala and Memogate. They lack the capacity.

Welcome on board and really nice to have you here. coming back to the topic,don't you think that this incomptence is due to the pressure from the liberals. There are allot of forces in media and the govt who love to jump on the establishment bandwagon and call out conspiracy theories, may be they tried to stay low, i mean look at balochistan issue and missing persons case, when TuQ came to pakistan he was tagged as establishment's stooge, even today pti is called establishment's party, may they want to avoid being called out again

The closer we get to the elections and the more PTI delusionists see their "eminent" victory... the bigger (ever so smoothly) the doze of "PTI Doesn’t have a Magic Wand" argument is fed to the general public!

A year or so ago The Prophet of Hypocrisy was promising to fix all & sundry in 3 months.... oh I remember it was before his 6 promises, so I guess I should just shut up!

I still believe that Musharraf had a chance in 1999, but erred in redeeming himself. Within a year, he fell prey and developed an ear to the clutter of fly by night reformers, sycophants and concentric circles of advisers. The international actors played on his self-assessed invincibility as vulnerability and nudged him into indispensability. I hope General Musharraf has had sufficient time for introspection about his logical role in future politics. If he thinks himself a messiah, he is once again on a false trajectory. Within the short time divided between party management, electoral politics and visits to the courts, it may not be possible for him to build a constituency of his own. However, nothing stops him to put his leadership skills, experience and prowess to best use in acting as a voice of reason and change for his countrymen. The best role he can carve for himself is to build synergy that naturally pours into the dream of a “Naya Pakistan”............................

The most insightful quote in the whole piece is the one bolded above, which can be generalized (no pun intended) as follows:

"Any leader in power in Pakistan has a chance, but will err in redeeming themselves. Within a short time, they all fall prey and develop an ear to the clutter of fly by night reformers, sycophants and concentric circles of advisers. The international actors play on this vulnerability."

I will predict that whoever wins the election, including PTI or Gen Musharraf, or anyone else, will prove the above to be true once again.

The real power belongs to the "fly by night reformers, sycophants and concentric circles of advisers", whoever they are.

The most insightful quote in the whole piece is the one bolded above, which can be generalized (no pun intended) as follows:

"Any leader in power in Pakistan has a chance, but will err in redeeming themselves. Within a short time, they all fall prey and develop an ear to the clutter of fly by night reformers, sycophants and concentric circles of advisers. The international actors play on this vulnerability."

I will predict that whoever wins the election, including PTI or Gen Musharraf, or anyone else, will prove the above to be true once again.

The real power belongs to the "fly by night reformers, sycophants and concentric circles of advisers", whoever they are.

indeed it was but not any more, no body will going to win the most croupted elections in the history of pakistan, instead a real patriotic leader ship will emerge to challenge everyone else!after getting a hung parlliment & a dead lock forming govt! just a prediction!;):devil:

indeed it was but not any more, no body will going to win the most croupted elections in the history of pakistan, instead a real patriotic leader ship will emerge to challenge everyone else!after getting a hung parlliment & a dead lock forming govt! just a prediction!;):devil:

Political deadlock at such a critical time in our history, when both internal and external problems are reaching crisis proportions, coupled with a fragile economy on the brink of collapse, would be an utter disaster for Pakistan.

The patriotic leader you predict may not not have much to lead, even if he/she were to magically appear in this maelstrom.

Let be no doubt.. that current elections are going to be the most corrupted ever known to man kind.. it's being conducted by a caretaker govt. comprising of sold out souls.

It worries most that things the agreement among popular political parties over the candidates.

483842_495235313869275_756090741_n.jpg

Political deadlock at such a critical time in our history, when both internal and external problems are reaching crisis proportions, coupled with a fragile economy on the brink of collapse, would be an utter disaster for Pakistan.

The patriotic leader you predict may not not have much to lead, even if he/she were to magically appear in this maelstrom.

& majic belongs to men in uniform, who are calculating everyones move right now!;):devil:

Let be no doubt.. that current elections are going to be the most corrupted ever known to man kind.. it's being conducted by a caretaker govt. comprising of sold out souls.

It worries most that things the agreement among popular political parties over the candidates.

483842_495235313869275_756090741_n.jpg

sir, he is just the door keeper, but yes nawaz thinks he will do the job for him, IK thinks he will doge nawaz & may support PTI, in the end this traitor will only serve his masters intersts, right now his masters thought that they hve made pakarmy neutrilized bt time will prove thats the fatal mistake they may hve ever done!;):azn:
not everytime they will find genrl kiyani?;):lol:

TuQ is not the answer... can NEVER be the answer!

You need to understand that PTI will not be a Magic Wand to resolve issues plagued by bad politics for the past 60 years. Perhaps many of the issues will need a long time to resolve. Our first priority would be the socio-economic development and with it building syncretism and pluralism in our diversity. This done, the next step would be engaging diversities in positive cooperation and mutuality of interest. It is after having done this would we co-opt the tribal areas into a new contract with the federation.

Welcome and thank you for an excellent read - just to help me understand to exactly what, are you referring to, with regard to :
"building syncretism" ? And earlier you mentioned the overhand of the US withdrawal, can you please elaborate, as there many players domestic and foreign and what might their calculus be, and it's implications for this election. Also, I note with interest and alarm, the tribal areas, and therefore the insurgency/terrorism are to be dealt with in a span of time that will be greater than a decade ? Is this a correct reading?

I would also invite your attention to piece by M Zaidi in todays Dawn" In times of uncertainty | Opinion | DAWN.COM and request your comments, how do the points raised about ill defined threats, reasons for the lack of societal support, figure in the way in which the PTI approaches the issue of the Talib insurgency/Terrorism and how it intends to resolve this issue.

Back
Top Bottom