What's new

Quaid’s monument to be demolished in Peshawar

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Prominent educationist Dr SM Zaman has deeply resented the planned demolition of a monument inside Peshawar’s Shahi Bagh, which was built in 1983 in memory of the first visit of Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah to the city on October 19, 1936 as part of a beautification plan by the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Local Government Department.

“If the monument is to be essentially razed for the purposes of beautification, a better memorial should be built there and the Shahi Bagh should be named as Quaid-e-Azam Park,” he told The News.

Dr Zaman, who is former vice chancellor of the Allama Iqbal Open University and ex-chairman of the Council of Islamic Ideology, was upset over seeing a photograph in this newspaper with its caption saying that the monument would be flattened as part of a controversial beautification plan being carried out with Rs70 million funding of the US Agency for International Development (USAID).

The level of Quaid-e-Azam’s special love for this province can be well gauged from the fact that in his will he had earmarked money for the Islamia College Peshawar apart from the Sindh Madressatul Islam Karachi and a similar institution of Mumbai, Dr Zaman, who is a leading historian, said.

He said had the Quaid not burnt mid-night oil in his struggle for obtaining the homeland for us, we would not have been living as a free nation now.

Dr Zaman said according to his knowledge this was the only such monument in the KP, which was constructed in 1983 and none of the educational institutions in the KP has been named after the Quaid-e-Azam.

On the other hand, he said, the Peshawar airport has been designated as the Bacha Khan airport and universities have been named after his and Khan Abdul Wali Khan’s names.

But, Dr Zaman said, a hard fact is that Bacha Khan had abhorred to be buried in Pakistan and had desired in his will that he should be buried in Jalalabad (Afghanistan). Conversely, a small monument in memory of the Quaid is being demolished.As an educationist and a humble student of history, he said, he demands that this process should be immediately halted.

Quaid

P.S.

USAID doesnot give a single penny to anyone or any project, if its not in alliance with US's foreign policy !!

A propaganda article. No institution named after jinnah in kpk? Ever heard of jinnah college for girls peshawer, a top institution for girls in the province.

maybe true, but how does that make it a propaganda article, the point is the monument is being destroyed with the help of USAID money by ANP on purpose !!!

maybe true, but how does that make it a propaganda article, the point is the monument is being destroyed with the help of USAID money by ANP on purpose !!!

From what I read, it is not being destroyed with the help of USAID money but to accommodate something the USAID is funding.

There is a difference.

Probably they'll build Bacha Khan Monument instead, by the corrupt, the theif, the traitor and the coward regime of ANP.

Here for some who doesn't understand the evil agendas of this political party.

302850_10151117658171899_501021144_n.jpg

Probably they'll build Bacha Khan Monument instead, by the corrupt, the theif, the traitor and the coward regime of ANP.

your peshawer and nowshera will get drowned with kalabagh, you are o.k with it?
By the way provide me the link of this news in jang or mashriq. Audience might have asked asfandyar wali to speak in their pashto instead of urdu but seriously you expect me to believe that they could have said "urdu haram he"?

your peshawer and nowshera will get drowned with kalabagh, you are o.k with it?
By the way provide me the link of this news in jang or mashriq. Audience might have asked asfandyar wali to speak in their pashto instead of urdu but seriously you expect me to believe that they could have said "urdu haram he"?

I'm not Okay with it brother, the news just got integrated with the one I wanted to post. We shall create another thread and discuss the Kalabaqh dam there but to answer your query which is totally my personal point of view; I don't know how Kalabagh will drown Peshawar which is miles and miles away from it... it will not drown Nowshera either but will affect the land for ill-cultivation... basically the Dam will be built in KPK, the blockage of water will affect Sindh's lands but in return it will reduce the electricity shortage phenomenally throughout the country.

I just posted the news brother, Dunya news is too a trustworthy source just like any other news outlet in Pakistan... if that was the case, ANP would literally sue them for such notorious lie... BTW, do get in interaction with a hardcore ANPer and you'll know what kind of venom they spew about Pakistan's ideology and Punjab in specific (I agree with them upto some extent over the notion of Punjab though).. One of my neighbour considers Bacha Khan to be better than Prophet Muhammad SAWW... their leaders namely Haji Adeel considers Raja Dahir, Bagath Singh etc as their heroes instead of Muhammad Qasim and Salahuddin Ayubi. Now go figure brother...

I'm not Okay with it brother, the news just got integrated with the one I wanted to post. We shall create another thread and discuss the Kalabaqh dam there but to answer your query which is totally my personal point of view; I don't know how Kalabagh will drown Peshawar which is miles and miles away from it... it will not drown Nowshera either but will affect the land for ill-cultivation... basically the Dam will be built in KPK, the blockage of water will affect Sindh's lands but in return it will reduce the electricity shortage phenomenally throughout the country.

I just posted the news brother, Dunya news is too a trustworthy source just like any other news outlet in Pakistan... if that was the case, ANP would literally sue them for such notorious lie... BTW, do get in interaction with a hardcore ANPer and you'll know what kind of venom they spew about Pakistan's ideology and Punjab in specific (I agree with them upto some extent over the notion of Punjab though).. One of my neighbour considers Bacha Khan to be better than Prophet Muhammad SAWW... their leaders namely Haji Adeel considers Raja Dahir, Bagath Singh etc as their heroes instead of Muhammad Qasim and Salahuddin Ayubi. Now go figure brother...
Glad to see that you dont support kalabagh like most of pashtuns. Not only fertile lands of entire Entire peshawer division would suffer "saim wa tor" , you would see your area getting drowned whenever flood will come. You saw the devastation of recent flood in peshawer division, multiply it by many times in case of kalabagh dam. If you have ever been to kalabagh you would notice that geographically it lies in kpk but is with punjab, reservoir would be in KPK. But the funny thing is that southern kpk wouldnt get a single drop of water from it.
I am also aware of ANP's corruption but i am supporting them for entirely a different reason. I wont discuss bacha khan and ANP with you here on a pakistani forum, there are many members here who would come up with anti-pakhtun comments.

Glad to see that you dont support kalabagh like most of pashtuns. Not only fertile lands of entire Entire peshawer division would suffer "saim wa tor" , you would see your area getting drowned whenever flood will come. You saw the devastation of recent flood in peshawer division, multiply it by many times in case of kalabagh dam. If you have ever been to kalabagh you would notice that geographically it lies in kpk but is with punjab, reservoir would be in KPK. But the funny thing is that southern kpk wouldnt get a single drop of water from it.
I am also aware of ANP's corruption but i am supporting them for entirely a different reason. I wont discuss bacha khan and ANP with you here on a pakistani forum, there are many members here who would come up with anti-pakhtun comments.

I know the reason why you're supporting them and the one who'd come up with an anti-Pakhtun comments will certainly get a spanking reply - don't you worry brother. For me Bacha Khan and his son Wali Khan were the real ANPers - who were leaders of calibre, principled and honest. Asfandyar Wali and gang have literally destroyed the ideology of ANP.

WTF is wrong with this clown...He has been licking zardari's balls for the past 5 years and all of sudden he has got the fits of anti urdu and anti punjab...congress kee awlad hai ye beghairat....

Would you same the same about Altaf since he made a very Anti-Pakistani speech?:

Would you say the same about Zardari whose father Hakim Ali Zardari said this?:

The point is our voting preferences are actually a part of the crisis, a part of the problem, our ethno-fascism is an issue and it makes us vote these people. Funny how MQM-wala terrorist sympathizers basically point fingers at ANP supporters for lack of patriotism and intolerance while they are part of the problem as are a large number of Afghan backers.

Last edited by a moderator:

How is Bacha Khan seen in Pakistan by Non-Pashtuns obviously?

Back
Top Bottom