What's new

QUAD, Pakistan and China

I am not great at writing articles or starting threads based on my opinion so forgive my mistakes. So lets start.

QUAD have become a reality. Right now the countries in it are USA, Australia, Japan, and India. Soon South Korea can or will join it. And although Indonesia plans to stay neutral but it has serious issues with China also. In fact even Vietnam can jump in and become part of QUAD. In short China is getting surrounded. Yes China has huge Navy and Air Force, still its enemies are no small powers. They are huge powers with huge budgets and have the will to spend on defence and are determined take on China. To counter this threat China needs allies, and let's be frank, right now China has only one true ally and in fact always had only one ally or let say a strategic ally which is Pakistan.

Pakistan is not only the flagship country for China's belt and road initiative but also a strong military ally of China. In the past our defence corporation was limited to Air Force and Army mainly. But due to CPEC we have started to focus on our Navy also. But due to QUAD, China is getting surrounded and one of the main country part of QUAD is our arch rival India. Therefore China's best bet to counter QUAD or at least taking India out of picture is to help Pakistan improve its Navy. Yes 4 Type 54 A and 8 submarines are great start, but to keep India busy on our side we would need much bigger Navy. Even Ballistic Missile carrying nuclear submarines and Destroyers like Type 52 D. A very strong Pakistan Navy is must to keep China's energy routes open, specially the one in Persian region.

@Rashid Mahmood @Horus @Tipu7 @Areesh @Arsalan @ajpirzada @Horus @SQ8 @Windjammer @Dazzler

I have been saying this for years, long before there ever was a quad nonsense even on the horizon.

China needs allies, better yet, Asian countries must band together to fight and defend against zionist-western imperialism.

Quad is not to fight china in a direct conflict but to keep china in check. With quad shaping up, soon china will have combined enemy spread across its land and sea borders.

China has a formidable navy to challenge anyone close to its coast, but its still far away from challenging anyone beyond 1st island chain, where QUAD will strangle her

Here is a link to Pravin Swanhey’s article which speaks to this exact folly

See it’s simple, if india gets intagled in an anti China alliance it would break the wou Han sprit meaning it would openly be an enemy of China. It shares conflicts and border with China. If we agree with your containment strategy than it will be Indian cities and people that will perish in this pointless conflict. it is clear from the Ladakh crisis that india will continue to lose against China, not least because of the lack of bravery on the part of the Indian soldier, but because your leaders today are not as insightful. They have not prepared for a big war , they cannot take on Paskistan let alone China and Pakistan together. The hatred of muslims , minorities and people who look different has overtaken the ability to look at the whole picture. This happens when a society becomes bigoted take it from Pakistan we have gone through all these phases.

So take our advice and not start something you can not finish! Head the warning of the ages. Take Imran khans and general Bajwa’s great offer of peace. They are the true hero’s of south Asia today trying their best to save the blood of Indian, Pakistanis and Chinese spilling for no good reason.
K

China can entice Australia out of the Quad by offering it its market. China is the number 1 market for Australian coal and iron ore.
I’d disagree with the Oz part. China’s wolf-warrior provocations (boot-heal metaphor photoshopped image, etc.) have unified the liberals and the Labour Party here. The sentiment among the population is extremely negative regarding China, given not just the comments made by Chinese diplomats, but the impact to small and medium businesses here, affected by covid(which people for some reason still associate with China) and the trade embargoes/tariff changes.

I am not great at writing articles or starting threads based on my opinion so forgive my mistakes. So lets start.

QUAD have become a reality. Right now the countries in it are USA, Australia, Japan, and India. Soon South Korea can or will join it. And although Indonesia plans to stay neutral but it has serious issues with China also. In fact even Vietnam can jump in and become part of QUAD. In short China is getting surrounded. Yes China has huge Navy and Air Force, still its enemies are no small powers. They are huge powers with huge budgets and have the will to spend on defence and are determined take on China. To counter this threat China needs allies, and let's be frank, right now China has only one true ally and in fact always had only one ally or let say a strategic ally which is Pakistan.

Pakistan is not only the flagship country for China's belt and road initiative but also a strong military ally of China. In the past our defence corporation was limited to Air Force and Army mainly. But due to CPEC we have started to focus on our Navy also. But due to QUAD, China is getting surrounded and one of the main country part of QUAD is our arch rival India. Therefore China's best bet to counter QUAD or at least taking India out of picture is to help Pakistan improve its Navy. Yes 4 Type 54 A and 8 submarines are great start, but to keep India busy on our side we would need much bigger Navy. Even Ballistic Missile carrying nuclear submarines and Destroyers like Type 52 D. A very strong Pakistan Navy is must to keep China's energy routes open, specially the one in Persian region.

@Rashid Mahmood @Horus @Tipu7 @Areesh @Arsalan @ajpirzada @Horus @SQ8 @Windjammer @Dazzler

Pakistan is gradually increasing its naval strength and it is not going to stop at what current procurement program is. there will be big guns coming in to join the fleet. On the air force side, surely they will have some plans though not revealed but rumored for the time being.

China will make her presence felt in the Indian ocean in the future, Gawadar will be the point of concentration in this regard. it is just a matter of time when the fosil fuels will be taking the way up from this new port and the trade starts which is going to be massive.

hence surely thing are planned and will be executed with the time.

the development that is to be considered is China-India border dispute, this development has given a new geographically hostile dimension to India. it also gave a new message that directly address Indo-Pak tensions on LOC which defused after LAC developments. message was clear and without any formal announcement or pact (which may raise the eyebrows in certain circles) that bounds the two nations, it also delivered a message that it would be vice versa.

which is why DGMO's talk and we heard backdoor contacts by through Mooed Yousuf later we saw a heated discussion on an other thread on PDF regarding COAS speech in Islamabad.

Pakistan cannot openly involve itself against an alliance like QUAD even if China wishes, Japan and US are important to us, we are knee deep with IMF and World Bank but we can dent it by containing India with a two front threat without making things big on the globe.

in a nutshell, new alliances new pacts are under formation and a new world will emerge. anything said now will be too early to conclude.

one last thing: India will one day realize what mistake it made making alliance against China with US.

Pakistan is gradually increasing its naval strength and it is not going to stop at what current procurement program is. there will be big guns coming in to join the fleet. On the air force side, surely they will have some plans though not revealed but rumored for the time being.

China will make her presence felt in the Indian ocean in the future, Gawadar will be the point of concentration in this regard. it is just a matter of time when the fosil fuels will be taking the way up from this new port and the trade starts which is going to be massive.

hence surely thing are planned and will be executed with the time.

the development that is to be considered is China-India border dispute, this development has given a new geographically hostile dimension to India. it also gave a new message that directly address Indo-Pak tensions on LOC which defused after LAC developments. message was clear and without any formal announcement or pact (which may raise the eyebrows in certain circles) that bounds the two nations, it also delivered a message that it would be vice versa.

which is why DGMO's talk and we heard backdoor contacts by through Mooed Yousuf later we saw a heated discussion on an other thread on PDF regarding COAS speech in Islamabad.

Pakistan cannot openly involve itself against an alliance like QUAD even if China wishes, Japan and US are important to us, we are knee deep with IMF and World Bank but we can dent it by containing India with a two front threat without making things big on the globe.

in a nutshell, new alliances new pacts are under formation and a new world will emerge. anything said now will be too early to conclude.
I am not suggesting to go after QUAD. I am suggesting to go after India. And make a much bigger Navy So Indian Navy's primary threat remains us not China. This way we can keep India busy and QUAD would be less trouble for China.

I am not suggesting to go after QUAD. I am suggesting to go after India. And make a much bigger Navy So Indian Navy's primary threat remains us not China. This way we can keep India busy and QUAD would be less trouble for China.

i said the same.

India will do that!
Made very clear in another thread that India got small brains
progress in life by first cheating in their skools

and plagiarising songs and stuff while insisting righteously he composed and wrote the song himself

and Indians suffering from complex that condoms got to be extra small for them.

I got no difficulty with Indians being Murica cannon fodder.

If Indians are wise, Indians will continue to use sticks and stones on Chinese.
Then at worse, they become beaten up and be prisoners , and enjoy very good hot meals from Chinese before they are released.

But if Indians want to use anything more than sticks and stones, the world will see a 100 to 1000 times of flying Indians then flying Armenians

:pleasantry: :pleasantry::pleasantry:

And we get to see lots and lots of flying Indians to enjoy with our popcorn and chips and dips and 6 packs or Wulung tea

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

sixoverone-a-six-pack-bottle-opener-3699.gif

926ba383ee474f4cdae2712c648be1d5.gif

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
Your comments are racist in nature and have no place in any serious forum. Treat everyone as equal and know that even the best sometimes lose out. The whole Chinese nation had been put to sleep with generous dosage of Opium, prior to the revolution by the great Chairman Mao. I am a proud Pakistani but also a realist in that no nation should be labelled in general. India has been a seat of learning and great thinkers have emerged from there along with religious leaders as well as warriors. Please avoid bringing in racist feelings and statements into an argument. You bring yourself down by such meaningless posts.
A
Zarvan.
The topic is exciting and innovative but you have lost steam half way through . Gather your ideas from all that has been suggested and complete your article. It is a good one.
A

For what it is worth, unless the Indians are not thinking or enthralled by Modi's ideology, Indian strategist will participate in QUAD but start short of actually fighting China. There are multiple aspects to this fight and we will probably see fifth generation Hybrid warfare being enacted without any weapons being fired (Skirmishes might occur but fighting is the last aim and resort). It is in China's interest to produce a counter to this alliance and choose the battle lines along which it wants to fight. The CPEC in this instance becomes hugely important as it breaks the shackles that the mighty dragon is being put under. This space needs to be watched very carefully for developments as its enactment will guide many future encounters the world over
Wont work brother due to economic constraints as well as manpower issues. You cannot jus expand a service like PN without appropriately trained manpower and to train manpower of the likes which you are suggesting will require time effort and money all of which you lack. You need to resolve issues and move ahead on CPEC.I have put the highlighted part there for a reason. Whether we like it or not this will engulf us and we may actually be the battle ground if we are not careful.
A

We do not milk our friends. I think there is a bit of naivity in your post. There are a lot of reasons for Pakistan to be targeted and cornering Pakistan will close off one more route for the Chinese to escape QUAD.
A

If the QUAD ever tries to close off China (not that that is likely ever), would it take that much more to close off one highway so as to be impossible? Pakistan as a target may feel like the whole world is out to get it, but really, there are other things far more weighty in the greater scheme of things in international geopolitics. And for those who might harbor the wonderful idea that Pakistan is the sole kingmaker in the world after having destroyed Russia and USA in its backyard now that it has blessed China, let me just say that such nurtured legends are usually dreams. Reality is far more mundane and involves sustained hard work with the rewards going to those who do it better than others.

there is no balancing or counterbalancing this time as lines have been drawn and sides have been picked.
We all wait for war now.

If the QUAD ever tries to close off China (not that that is likely ever), would it take that much more to close off one highway so as to be impossible? Pakistan as a target may feel like the whole world is out to get it, but really, there are other things far more weighty in the greater scheme of things in international geopolitics. And for those who might harbor the wonderful idea that Pakistan is the sole kingmaker in the world after having destroyed Russia and USA in its backyard now that it has blessed China, let me just say that such nurtured legends are usually dreams. Reality is far more mundane and involves sustained hard work with the rewards going to those who do it better than others.
Bhai.
My experience of debating you has mostly been you running off and hiding behind smileys.
Contrary to your thought Pakistan is very much in the cross hairs and is being/ will be mauled in the process. This investment that you talk about and social indexes are good to an extent but there are multiple factors not allowing this to happen. We have been in the neighbourhood of a war for the last 5 decades and 80000 souls and trillions of dollars in damages of various sorts testify to the ravages of this war on this country.
You are absolutely right about our financial woes and all the factors which will improve this. The most important is peace in the region which is why we are trying to offer all help possible to resolve the Afghan issue. Till there is peace there will be no growth as no one will bring money in to invest into a country where people are being killed left right and centre on a weekly if not daily basis.
There are many internal issues corruption topping them closely followed by mismanagement. When this mismanagement comes from the top in the form of Khardari and Ganja Shareef it adds to the woes of an already broken system. IK maybe a beginning but certainly no saviour or management genius and therein lies the problem.
You state that there will be no war between US and China without realizing the war is already on. It is a war for supremacy of the world and yes it might not take a confrontation but then most modern wars are led by narrative which is what the US is trying to build. The aim to my inexpert eye appears to be to claw back market share from the Chinese but the ultimate aim is protection of the US dollar a run on which would bring the US down like a house of cards. It will maul China as well as it holds a couple of trillion dollars of US debt, as the rest of the world but the real thing to see is how far both are going to go to achieve their respective aims.
You blow the US trumpet as usual but do not realize the world is fast moving away from the clutches of the US. Whether it is into the clutches of China remains to be seen as it is in the nature of world domination that you keep the reigns of nations in your hands. Will we be any better off again remains to be seen
However while the fight is on going many nations will fall victim to the machinations of the 2 nations. This is where I think Pakistan is currently trying to keep a neutral position but will soon have to take sides. At what point and at what price and to what end is what needs to be seen.
Meanwhile all of us are in for a whirlwind of a ride with economies taking a hit from the movements and reallignments taking place. I dont see China losing out on this round but at what level of devastation will the Sino/US teams sit together and sort out a balance is something I cannot determine. The fear remains that a spark might lead to a skirmish which might lead to a full blown exchange. Once that happens it will be a free for all. There may be an element in the West which might want to see exactly that happenning. The outcome in that case will be total and uttef devastation.
A
A

My experience of debating you has mostly been you running off and hiding behind smileys.

Nearly 10 years here and still have not run off Sir. The smileys are intended to keep things light instead of situations where lop-sided and selective rule enforcements ruin any fledgling debate that does not return the desired outcomes. We can try aagain, if you wish, without smileys from me.

Contrary to your thought Pakistan is very much in the cross hairs and is being/ will be mauled in the process. This investment that you talk about and social indexes are good to an extent but there are multiple factors not allowing this to happen. We have been in the neighbourhood of a war for the last 5 decades and 80000 souls and trillions of dollars in damages of various sorts testify to the ravages of this war on this country.

Pakistan's main existential threats continue to gain force from within it, and thus there is no need to snipe at it from the outside. The ravages of war that you describe were the result of the decisions made by the military, were they not?

You are absolutely right about our financial woes and all the factors which will improve this. The most important is peace in the region which is why we are trying to offer all help possible to resolve the Afghan issue. Till there is peace there will be no growth as no one will bring money in to invest into a country where people are being killed left right and centre on a weekly if not daily basis.

To be truthful, people are no longer being killed left and right as they once were as the law and order situation has indeed improved considerably. And yet the economic output and social development remain in the doldrums. The reasons, again, are all internal: misplaced priorities, siphoning off of resources by and entrenched exploitative elite. and an intentionally misguided and deprived population that is amenable to be molded as needed. Peace in Afghanistan cannot do much to change this basic milieu in any significant form, and is merely a red herring to blame for the time being, that is all.

There are many internal issues corruption topping them closely followed by mismanagement. When this mismanagement comes from the top in the form of Khardari and Ganja Shareef it adds to the woes of an already broken system. IK maybe a beginning but certainly no saviour or management genius and therein lies the problem.

Corruption and mismanagement are the favorite whipping entities for now, but the mechanisms with which Zardari, NS and IK were all given turns at being the figureheads remain exactly the same. What is decried as a broken system is actually a finely tuned system that continues to deliver exactly the intentioned results it is designed to achieve.

You state that there will be no war between US and China without realizing the war is already on. It is a war for supremacy of the world and yes it might not take a confrontation but then most modern wars are led by narrative which is what the US is trying to build. The aim to my inexpert eye appears to be to claw back market share from the Chinese but the ultimate aim is protection of the US dollar a run on which would bring the US down like a house of cards. It will maul China as well as it holds a couple of trillion dollars of US debt, as the rest of the world but the real thing to see is how far both are going to go to achieve their respective aims.

There is no open war, and indeed there is unlikely to be one. Economic supremacy is the name of the game China and USA remains each other's biggest trading partners for a reason. One side gets cheap goods and the other avoid social unrest by keeping tens of millions of new entrants into the job market occupied each year. That is why China buys up all the T-bond issues it can to help ensure there is no run on the dollar that will affect it greatly too. As for the rest of the world, the new Chinese camp can be larger than the one that USSR had at the height of the Cold War, and yet would still amount to the same - not very much, in the greater scheme of things. But we will have to wait and see how far each side is willing to go to further their respective aims.

You blow the US trumpet as usual but do not realize the world is fast moving away from the clutches of the US. Whether it is into the clutches of China remains to be seen as it is in the nature of world domination that you keep the reigns of nations in your hands. Will we be any better off again remains to be seen

Or may be the fable of the world moving away is just that - a fable? Although hypothetical at this point, China as an overlord will be a huge departure from what the gullible are expecting as an alternative fable. But, as you said, I agree, that it remains to be seen.

However while the fight is on going many nations will fall victim to the machinations of the 2 nations. This is where I think Pakistan is currently trying to keep a neutral position but will soon have to take sides. At what point and at what price and to what end is what needs to be seen.
Meanwhile all of us are in for a whirlwind of a ride with economies taking a hit from the movements and reallignments taking place. I dont see China losing out on this round but at what level of devastation will the Sino/US teams sit together and sort out a balance is something I cannot determine. The fear remains that a spark might lead to a skirmish which might lead to a full blown exchange. Once that happens it will be a free for all. There may be an element in the West which might want to see exactly that happenning. The outcome in that case will be total and uttef devastation.
A

Both China and USA, are only going to serve their own national interests, as always and just like all other nations. What you regard as Pakistan trying to keep a neutral position is clearly a firm entry into the Chinese camp for the past several years. What it is hoping for is a bidding war to improve its outcomes as a self-perceived fulcrum. I can predict that it will be sorely disappointed by both sides in this endeavor, but it is indeed welcome to try. The Chinese economic miracle is only a function of its open trade with the West, and its own internal market is not yet mature enough to keep it going independently. That may, of course, change in the future, buts its demographic changes in the coming two decades will make it unlikely. While you are right there might be skirmishes along the way,. I am quite confident that saner minds will continue to prevail in preventing a more widespread conflict.

As for Pakistan, its economic situation continues to go from hopeless to even worse day by day. While there might still be a reason to hope for a change it this steady decline, the fact that there is no inkling of any change in priorities or effort to improve the situation is reaffirmed by the same continuous rearranging of the face and deck chairs. The result remain entirely predictable. If there is any saving grace in this abysmal situation, it is that both China and USA agree that preventing sudden chaos in Pakistan is a shared goal. Hence, a steady decline that is manageable may be a desirable outcome.

Last edited:
For Pakistan to be an ally in any shape or form it will need two fundamental elements. Growth in size of economy, and cleansing of internal power structure of self-serving and traitorous elements. Without these two things Pakistan will remain a weak ally of any country/system, not to mention hurt itself in the process.

Back
Top Bottom