What's new

Qatar to invest billions of dollars in Pakistan

For many years Qatar has wanted to cultivate economic relations with Pakistan. There are regional dynamics involved. The world knows that Pakistan is here to stay, and in fact Pakistan's prospects have recently improved a great deal more.

Internal squabbles are a relatively minor issue now, especially since Army has refused to be baited.

A few months down the road, perceptions would be substantially different. Just watch.

Is it the same type of 'investment' that China is doing?

Energy investment is the buzz word for corrupt business man politicians of the country. Of course energy is such a need that no matter how expensive, people will have to buy it. Since there is shortage of energy, there are good chances to make commissions and ern kickbacks.

If 'investment' is transparent and comes in the country through a govt that has won the genuine mandate of the country, no one will raise objections. Knowing this government and its friends in opposition, we fully know who is going to make money out of these 'investments'.

Sign the god damn LNG deal.
This is the problem with the ME countries which ever nation they go they announce billions dollar investment take a case with INDIA when saudi king has came some years ago he announces almost 8 billion investment in india but after so many years there is nothing to show for them, same case with Kuwait, Qatar and all, only OMAN LNG project has started. But if you take western, Japanese and korean companies they are very difficult to commit but once they commit until unless you goof up big time they will be with you take an example of POSCO 12 billion investment in india for steel plant which is late by 8 years ( fault of state and central government) still they are waiting and by mid 2015 plant work will start as all the land has been acquired and coal , iron ore license is also provided only port matter is pending.

ME countries are just busy in buying American bond and earning meager 3% interest and will never take risk, its in their DNA. Very peculiar people can't understand what they are going to do when Oil and gas run out......... Maybe goat and Camel days will come back:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

This is the problem with the ME countries which ever nation they go they announce billions dollar investment take a case with INDIA when saudi king has came some years ago he announces almost 8 billion investment in india but after so many years there is nothing to show for them, same case with Kuwait, Qatar and all, only OMAN LNG project has started. But if you take western, Japanese and korean companies they are very difficult to commit but once they commit until unless you goof up big time they will be with you take an example of POSCO 12 billion investment in india for steel plant which is late by 8 years ( fault of state and central government) still they are waiting and by mid 2015 plant work will start as all the land has been acquired and coal , iron ore license is also provided only port matter is pending.

ME countries are just busy in buying American bond and earning meager 3% interest and will never take risk, its in their DNA. Very peculiar people can't understand what they are going to do when Oil and gas run out......... Maybe goat and Camel days will come back:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Qatar Investment Authority is not like your average ME investor, they invest everywhere they see they can get a return. Abraaj Group invested in Karachi's electric utility, and now we have 24/7 power supply and they have good returns.

There is Pak Oman investments, Pak Kuwait investment company, Pak Saudi, etc....and they are involved in a lot of sectors in Pakistan.

Of course, when you are spending billions, you better get assurances from the government directly. I don't know about India, but Pakistan enjoys very good relations with all of the Gulf states and so business is very easy. Dubai was literally built by Pakistanis.......labor class to initial investments.....just like Emirates air line which has put Dubai on the world map. Actually, credit goes to Nawaz Sharif, because he was the one who opened up Pakistan for Arabs in 1980s and 1990s....and he opened up the forex market so Businessmen from Pakistan could buy the Forex freely and invest in Dubai....Dubai at that time was a few buildings and that is it.

Best route of investment for Qatar would be that they supply LNG and perhaps they set up their own gassification plants and sell to SSGC or SNGPL. There is a freaking HUGE market for Natural Gas in Pakistan today and in the future.

Q
This is just a hypothetical figure to start a formal conversation

Which country truly thinks about investing in a war-torn country deeply messed up in political crisis where the Prime Minister becomes a joke for putting all stakes on risk to save his "kursi" and the so-called cabinet losing public support by not making a truce with anarchists and rather giving nonsense statements to spoil the matter further.
Qatar to invest billions in mulls.. that should be the news title......:astagh:

LOL @ INVEST BULLSHIT... no one interested in these kind of bullshits... only KICKBACKS WORK! corrupted tolaa loooeted as usual... within few days another BOMB on the people of this *********** nation jo inkay naroon pe naachtay hain.. Huge huge kickbacks handover to ministers in LONDON reveal within few days... already many media analysts opened that news.... 200 + million $$ kickbacks ....

I just hope that 1 billion of those 8 billion doesn't get invested in wahaabi madrassahs.

I want to but can't when I see that Saif-ur-Rehman is the front man. Also, in what capacity Shahbaz Sharif is doing the agreements. If smaller provinces complain then you would start labelling them traitors and uneducated.
go outside bring investment who is stopping you but dont criticism others good work

Does it also include funding madaras and so called Islamic charities to recruit some foot soldiers for ISIS?

You people see Qatar aa investor butvit is political y motivated by west n these will be problematic near or far future may lot cant think in this direction but soon realize it need a enlightenment to understand this move soon ksa will jump to day the same let see

Back
Top Bottom