What's new

Qatar to get 24 more US Apache helicopters

Why don’t they buy off Turkey and keep money in the region? Why pay into US Treasury which will be used by the US on more interventions.

Turkey's ATAK-II 10 ton heavy Attack Helicopter will be ready in 2026-2027
and T-129 is 5 ton light Attack Helicopter

Turkey's ATAK-II 10 ton heavy Attack Helicopter will be ready in 2026-2027
and T-129 is 5 ton light Attack Helicopter
Maybe doesn't meet their time frame, and the AH-64 is much more mature being over 40 years old since first flight.

Maybe doesn't meet their time frame, and the AH-64 is much more mature being over 40 years old since first flight.

Yes Qatar can not wait for many years to get 24 ATAK-II heavy Attack Helicopters
AH-64E is ready and the best in the World

btw Turkey's ATAK-II 10 ton heavy Attack Helicopter will be similar to AH-64E Apache Guardian

First flight : 2024
MTOW : 10 tons
Speed : 172 kts ( 318 km/h )
Service ceiling : 20.000 feet ( 6.096 m )
Operation envelope : between -40 / +50 C day and night

MILDAR Millimeter wave fire control Radar
HEHSIS 360 degree Electronic Warfare Counter Measure System
DIRCM Infrared Counter Measure System
Target Detection System
Helicopter Obstacle Detection System
Modular Avionics Architecture
4 axis Autopilot
HELMET Integrated Display System
Ballistic protection heavy armored Cockpit ( resistant to 12.7 mm ammunition )
1200 kg weapon payload capacity

-- 30 mm Gun with buried munition box
-- CIRIT 70 mm laser guided Rockets
-- MIZRAK Anti Tank Missiles ( up to 16 ATGMs )
-- Air to Air Missiles

9lui4hkw.jpg

5yrosv3p.jpg

Yes Qatar can not wait for many years to get 24 ATAK-II heavy Attack Helicopters
AH-64E is ready and the best in the World

btw Turkey's ATAK-II 10 ton heavy Attack Helicopter will be similar to AH-64E Apache Guardian

First flight : 2024
MTOW : 10 tons
Speed : 172 kts ( 318 km/h )
Service ceiling : 20.000 feet ( 6.096 m )
Operation envelope : between -40 / +50 C day and night

MILDAR Millimeter wave fire control Radar
HEHSIS 360 degree Electronic Warfare Counter Measure System
DIRCM Infrared Counter Measure System
Target Detection System
Helicopter Obstacle Detection System
Modular Avionics Architecture
4 axis Autopilot
HELMET Integrated Display System
Ballistic protection heavy armored Cockpit ( resistant to 12.7 mm ammunition )
1200 kg weapon payload capacity

-- 30 mm Gun with buried munition box
-- CIRIT 70 mm laser guided Rockets
-- MIZRAK Anti Tank Missiles ( up to 16 ATGMs )
-- Air to Air Missiles

9lui4hkw.jpg

5yrosv3p.jpg
Qatar isn't really interested in TOT in my opinion so they could still buy it in the future. It's a good helicopter at its heart it is, but it needs time to mature.

BTW is Turkey developing anything like this?
800px-17-_Saudi_Arabian_National_Guard_AH-6_Little_Bird_%28My_Trip_To_Al-Jenadriyah_32%29.jpg

Qatar isn't really interested in TOT in my opinion so they could still buy it in the future. It's a good helicopter at its heart it is, but it needs time to mature.

Qatar is tiny country

Pakistan buys 30 T-129 Attack Helicopters
and Turkey also can offer ATAK-II to Pakistan with under license production

Last edited:
Pakistan buys 30 T-129 Attack Helicopters
and Turkey also can offer ATAK-II to Pakistan with under license production
"Licensed" production for Pakistan will be part supplied from Turkey. I think the best thing for Pakistan is for you to transfer some avionics and helicopter tech to Pakistan in order for them to develop their own helicopter. It's risky because of China but as you said before the tech is for 1.7 billion people so...

I still don't get why you don't like Jordan, I thought you had partnerships like Aselsan ME and Jordan is an a key location. You could seriously help the Jordanian defense industry, and increase sales to ME countries acting as a middleman and not a direct supplier.

"Licensed" production for Pakistan will be part supplied from Turkey. I think the best thing for Pakistan is for you to transfer some avionics and helicopter tech to Pakistan in order for them to develop their own helicopter. It's risky because of China but as you said before the tech is for 1.7 billion people so...

Turkey can help Pakistan to create its own utility and attack Helicopter industry against India
Yes It's risky because of China

Turkey won a tender to build 4 Corvettes for Pakistan Navy and Two of the ships will be manufacturered in Pakistan

I thought you had partnerships like Aselsan ME

Aselsan products are produced with direct investments in 6 countries

Azerbaijan
Kazakhstan
Jordan
S.Arabia
The Uae
Malaysia

Last edited:
Qatar to get 24 more US Apache helicopters

10 MAY 2019

The US State Department has approved a possible $3 billion sale of Apache attack helicopters to Qatar, the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) said in a statement.

US_approves_3bn_Apache_helicopter_sale_to_Qatar.jpg

AH-64E

"The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to Qatar of twenty-four AH-64E Apache Attack helicopters and related equipment for an estimated cost of $3.0 billion. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale today", the release said.

The proposed sale of the AH-64E Apache helicopters will supplement the Qatar Emiri Air Force’s previous procurement of twenty-four AH-64Es, which are capable of meeting its requirements for close air support, armed reconnaissance, and anti-tank warfare missions. The helicopters will provide a long-term defensive and offensive capability to the Qatar peninsula as well as enhance the protection of key oil and gas infrastructure and platforms. Qatar will have no difficulty absorbing these helicopters into its armed forces.

The sale of the helicopters has yet to be complete and must be reviewed by Congress before being finalised.

In March, Qatar received the first batch of helicopters from its first purchase of the AH-64E Apache attack helicopters.

http://airrecognition.com/index.php...tar-to-get-24-more-us-apache-helicopters.html

And the loot continues. Create disputes, sell the weapons.

Turkey can help Pakistan to create its own utility and attack Helicopter industry against India
Yes It's risky because of China

Turkey won a tender to build 4 Corvettes for Pakistan Navy and Two of the ships will be manufacturered in Pakistan

Aselsan products are produced with direct investments in 6 countries

Azerbaijan
Kazakhstan
Jordan
S.Arabia
The Uae
Do you think Turkey could assist Jordan in developing key defense products?

Do you think Turkey could assist Jordan in developing key defense products?

Jordan has no money and capability for developing key defense products such as Tank , Howitzer , Helicopters , UCAVs , Cruise Missiles , Air Defense Systems , AESA Radars , Airborne stand off Jammer , Corvette , Frigate , Desytroyer , and hundreds of high tech products

S.Arabia has money and capability for developing key defense products with Turkish assist for all Arab world
but S.Arabia destroyed good relationship with Turkey

Arab world always will be dependent on Christian countries the US , the UK , France , Russia
on the other hand until 2030 Turkey will create its own defense Industry ... ( by 95% self sufficiency )

Jordan has no money and capability for developing key defense products such as Tank , Howitzer , Helicopters , UCAVs , Cruise Missiles , Air Defense Systems , AESA Radars , Airborne stand off Jammer , Corvette , Frigate , Desytroyer , and hundreds of high tech products

S.Arabia has money and capability for developing key defense products with Turkish assist for all Arab world
but S.Arabia destroyed good relationship with Turkey

Arab world always will be dependent on Christian countries the US , the UK , France , Russia
on the other hand until 2030 Turkey will create its own defense Industry ... ( by 95% self sufficiency )
Jordan doesn't have the money now I agree... But they have oil reserves contrary to popular thoughts under the ground but extraction is hard. Jordan does have oil shale which I quote

Jordan's oil shale resources could produce 28 billion barrels (4.5 km3) of oil, enabling production of about 100,000 barrels per day (16,000 m3/d). The oil shale in Jordan has the fourth largest in the world which currently.

If God wills and we get richer than I assume it will be easier for Turkey to cooperate with Jordan?
https://menafn.com/1098383813/Jordan-to-achieve-financial-finalization-on-oil-shale-plan-soon

Last edited:
As for Saudi or UAE - wouldn't a purchase of air superiority jets have made more sense?
they bought almost any plane in the market except of gripen and fc-31.
Or stand off weapons for current fighters?
why would they?? both bahrain and UAE are close to their land.
Qatar is so little country without any natural barrier this weapons can't stop any invasion
we can keep their planes safe, just fly them to bushehr.:enjoy::enjoy:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom