What's new

Putin Signs $2.9 Billion IndianDeals in Trip to Top ArmsBuyer

wrong.. phase-I was importing fighters.., phase-II was assembling knocked down kits, Phase-III includes local manufacture of products.. we are in the last phase.
Did you care to read the article ??Read first few lines of second para.

So we getting more Mi-17 V5 helicopters than was expected it is now 59 for IAF and 12 for BSF plus the 80 we already ordered before.

India, Russia sign defence deals worth around Rs 25,000 crore - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: India and Russia on Monday inked mega defence deals worth almost Rs 25,000 crore, including the ones for 42 more Sukhoi-30MKI fighters and 71 additional Mi-17 V5 armed helicopters, which again reinforces Moscow's position as New Delhi's largest arms supplier.

With Russian President Vladimir Putin in India for a summit with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the two countries inked the over Rs 16,000 crore deal for 42 Sukhois, which will add to the 230 Sukhois earlier contracted, and the one for 71 Mi-17 V5 helicopters (59 for IAF and 12 for BSF), to add to the 80 of these choppers already been inducted.

India will now not order any more Sukhois -- the 272 of them come at an overall price tag of over $12 billion with a bulk of them being produced by Hindustan Aeronautics -- but is preparing a plan to upgrade them into "Super Sukhois" in the years ahead with more advanced avionics, weapons and AESA (active electronically scanned array) radars.

India and Russia will also ink the final design contract for the joint development of a futuristic stealth fifth-generation fighter at a later stage since it is still being drafted. This R&D contract is pegged at $11 billion, with the two countries supposed to chip in with $5.5 billion each. Each 5th Gen fighter - IAF hopes to induct around 200 of them from 2022 onwards - will cost at least $100 million extra. Consequently, as first reported by TOI earlier, India will eventually spend around $35 billion on this gigantic project.

Russia has also assured India that INS Vikramaditya, the refurbished 44,570-tonne Admiral Gorshkov for which $2.33 billion has been paid, will not be delayed beyond the re-revised delivery deadline of November 2013. The "technical problems" being faced by India's solitary nuclear-powered submarine INS Chakra, the Akula-II attack submarine leased from Russia for 10 years at a cost of around $1 billion, will also be sorted out soon, as was first reported by TOI last week

^^The last batch of 42 MKIs which added to the 230 ordered by then is a deal signed and sealed ages ago!

The new deal seeks to procure 42 more MKIs (making the figure 310+), has been signed just now!

^^The last batch of 42 MKIs which added to the 230 ordered by then is a deal signed and sealed ages ago!

The new deal seeks to procure 42 more MKIs (making the figure 310+), has been signed just now!

No in total we will have 272 I believe no more

NO!!! Last 42 sukhoi deal had not been signed before. This is the same deal which we signed only today!!! Total number will be 272-3=269.

interesting the number of MIL-17-V5s is 71, 12 more than the 59 the IAF had previously asked for. My guess is that the addtional 12 are going to CAPFs and law enforcement agencies and IIRC there was news to this affect not long ago.

So India will be operating 151 of these modern helos-nice!

India, Russia sign defence deals worth around Rs 25,000 crore - The Times of India

.......Russia has also assured India that INS Vikramaditya, the refurbished 44,570-tonne Admiral Gorshkov for which $2.33 billion has been paid, will not be delayed beyond the re-revised delivery deadline of November 2013. The "technical problems" being faced by India's solitary nuclear-powered submarine INS Chakra, the Akula-II attack submarine leased from Russia for 10 years at a cost of around $1 billion, will also be sorted out soon, as was first reported by TOI last week

You highlighted the wrong part. If the money has been paid ......you can forget about imposing penalty. In fact we should be asking for the interest on the amount paid for the duration of the delay ! I am sure it will come to a decent multi million $.

interesting the number of MIL-17-V5s is 71, 12 more than the 59 the IAF had previously asked for. My guess is that the addtional 12 are going to CAPFs and law enforcement agencies and IIRC there was news to this affect not long ago.

Indeed a quite impressive number. And together with the Dhruvs, the other MI 17s the future 197 light helos, the current light helos, C17s, IL76s, C130Js, the future MTAs, An 32s and the Dorniers we are going to have a massive and impressive transportation fleet :cheers:

true!! Those additional 12 are not for IAF!!

In a news article in HT I read news that deal is worth 3 billion fo 42 fighters and 1.5 billion for MI -17. INR 392 crore a piece for fighters and 120 crore for Helicopter. They don't come cheap .I don't know if that is royalty for licence or cost for hardware including assembling manpower of HAL.Would HAL gain in experience or broaden her knowledge base just by assembling ??Only god knows what amount would Russians ask for upgrading them with AESA.Russians are blackmailing us in lieu for trade with Pakistan.In fact Pakistan indirectly gets Russian tech via China.

In a news article in HT I read news that deal is worth 3 billion fo 42 fighters and 1.5 billion for MI -17. INR 392 crore a piece for fighters and 120 crore for Helicopter. They don't come cheap .I don't know if that is royalty for licence or cost for hardware including assembling manpower of HAL.Would HAL gain in experience or broden her knowledge base just by assembling

price is okay for me!! See here we are talking about super sukhois IMO!!! These last 42 sukhois will be upgraded version of mki and would be able to carry brahmos missiles!!! Correct me if I am wrong!!!

price is okay for me!! See here we are talking about super sukhois IMO!!! These last 42 sukhois will be upgraded version of mki and would be able to carry brahmos missiles!!! Correct me if I am wrong!!!
Super Sukhoi would be having AESA and upgraded avionics along with minor adjustment for carrying Brahmos. But I doubt last 42 are those upgraded super sukhoi.

Few Document Details Indian - Russian Signatory (13th India-Russia Annual Summit)

1) Tata Consultancy Services Bang - TCS and JSC Helicopters today signed three different agreements to set up joint ventures and strengthen technology partnerships.

Strategic Cooperation Agreement between Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. and Joint Stock Company “Navigation Information Systems” (NIS) of Russia. The Agreement shall establish and strengthen technology partner relations between the two enterprises in software development, systems integration, professional services for and marketing of NIS products.

It will alow TCS to bid Russian Govt. project on independent basis or partnership, TCS will act as main consultant to Russian govt as they are planning to develop their own silicon valley. TCS will be responsible for international marketing of “Navigation Information Systems” (NIS) of Russia.

2) Elcom Systems Pvt Ltd and OAO Vertoleti Rassi (JSC 'Helicopters Russia') - aims to set up in India, a modern industrial facility for manufacturing of Russian models of helicopters (Ka- and Mi- brands), an industrial base for hi-tech rotorcraft products.

3) Elder Pharmaceuticals inked an Memorandum of Understanding with Pharm Eco of Russia for a joint venture arrangement.

4) Memorandum of Understanding between Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd., New Delhi, India & Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd., New Delhi, India and NIS-GLONASS, Russia or conducting the proof of concept through pilot project for providing the Satellite based navigation services.

a pilot project to assess the usage of the Russian Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS – the Russian equivalent of GPS) using the capabilities of BSNL/MTNL ground infrastructure. Success of the pilot project may provide insights for wider applicability of GLONASS signals in the future in areas such as disaster management, telephony and long-distance communications.

5) Contract for Delivery of 71 Mi-17V-5 helicopters

6) 42 technological kits for SU-30MKI aircraft licensed production

7) +++ many cultural, Science & Technology, Education and Science.... (Not very important at this defense forum)

My favorite in all deals are TCS deal.

Few Document Details Indian - Russian Signatory (13th India-Russia Annual Summit)

1) Tata Consultancy Services Bang - TCS and JSC Helicopters today signed three different agreements to set up joint ventures and strengthen technology partnerships.

Strategic Cooperation Agreement between Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. and Joint Stock Company “Navigation Information Systems” (NIS) of Russia. The Agreement shall establish and strengthen technology partner relations between the two enterprises in software development, systems integration, professional services for and marketing of NIS products.

It will alow TCS to bid Russian Govt. project on independent basis or partnership, TCS will act as main consultant to Russian govt as they are planning to develop their own silicon valley. TCS will be responsible for international marketing of “Navigation Information Systems” (NIS) of Russia.

2) Elcom Systems Pvt Ltd and OAO Vertoleti Rassi (JSC 'Helicopters Russia') - aims to set up in India, a modern industrial facility for manufacturing of Russian models of helicopters (Ka- and Mi- brands), an industrial base for hi-tech rotorcraft products.

3) Elder Pharmaceuticals inked an Memorandum of Understanding with Pharm Eco of Russia for a joint venture arrangement.

4) Memorandum of Understanding between Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd., New Delhi, India & Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd., New Delhi, India and NIS-GLONASS, Russia or conducting the proof of concept through pilot project for providing the Satellite based navigation services.

a pilot project to assess the usage of the Russian Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS – the Russian equivalent of GPS) using the capabilities of BSNL/MTNL ground infrastructure. Success of the pilot project may provide insights for wider applicability of GLONASS signals in the future in areas such as disaster management, telephony and long-distance communications.

5) Contract for Delivery of 71 Mi-17V-5 helicopters

6) 42 technological kits for SU-30MKI aircraft licensed production

7) +++ many cultural, Science & Technology, Education and Science.... (Not very important at this defense forum)

My favorite in all deals are TCS deal.

Indeed, developing new non US dependent navigation systems is a great step :) !

Back
Top Bottom