What's new

Punjabi Music

No I didn't listen this type of music.

This music or whatever it's called was the only type of music known to our ancestors this is punjabi from my area but i can't understand it it's called dholay older people above 40 or 50 listen this but most people of my age can't even understand it

We in Gujranwala haven't produced any famous singer

I think the language spoken in Lahore area isn't very poetic this maybe the reason
There are a lot of singers of jhangochi dialect

This music or whatever it's called was the only type of music known to our ancestors this is punjabi from my area but i can't understand it it's called dholay older people above 40 or 50 listen this but most people of my age can't even understand it

I think the language spoken in Lahore area isn't very poetic this maybe the reason
There are a lot of singers of jhangochi dialect

OK I found one old relatively famous singer called "Nawab Kamyar Inayatkotia" before 1947 and probably couple of decades later too, he was quite famous in pre-1947 in Gujranwala/Lahore rural areas. I think Alam Lohar has "copied" his singing style but because he emerged during the age of TV so became more famous. Surprisingly the old songs of Nawab Kamyar Inayatkotia are uploaded by a Sikh sidhu jatt and not by someone from our area which I find strange that some old sikhs have preserved more of our old music than we ourselves. The reason could be that Gujranwala society is rather conservative and "singing" and "dancing" is historically frowned upon here among local muslims.

The song is about some "Pooran Bhagat" who was the son of the Raja Salwan of Sialkot some 2000 years ago, for some strange reasons this character was quite famous among old people in our areas and there were a lot of local "dastan" about his life events which were often also sung in village melas for entertainment, isn't it surprising that a 2000 year old "hindu character" has remained famous in the local psyche of the rural people of Gujranwala/Sialkot areas, he is always presented some kind of "pious man" who was subjected to a lot of hardships in his life due to his step mother (the second rani of his father) and has to become a "jogi" or something like that.

Another song of Nawab Kamyar Inayatkotia about some event of the life of Pooran bhagat,

Last edited:
A beautiful song from Sain Mushtaq (he was from rural Sheikhupura),

OK I found one old relatively famous singer called "Nawab Kamyar Inayatkotia" before 1947 and probably couple of decades later too, he was quite famous in pre-1947 in Gujranwala/Lahore rural areas. I think Alam Lohar has "copied" his singing style but because he emerged during the age of TV so became more famous. Surprisingly the old songs of Nawab Kamyar Inayatkotia are uploaded by a Sikh sidhu jatt and not by someone from our area which I find strange that some old sikhs have preserved more of our old music than we ourselves. The reason could be that Gujranwala society is rather conservative and "singing" and "dancing" is historically frowned upon here among local muslims.

The song is about some "Pooran Bhagat" who was the son of the Raja Salwan of Sialkot some 2000 years ago, for some strange reasons this character was quite famous among old people in our areas and there were a lot of local "dastan" about his life events which were often also sung in village melas for entertainment, isn't it surprising that a 2000 year old "hindu character" has remained famous in the local psyche of the rural people of Gujranwala/Sialkot areas, he is always presented some kind of "pious man" who was subjected to a lot of hardships in his life due to his step mother (the second rani of his father) and has to become a "jogi" or something like that.

Another song of Nawab Kamyar Inayatkotia about some event of the life of Pooran bhagat,

raja Salwan was great ruler of this land . he was panwar and his modern day ancestors in pakistan are
اولکھ نسل پنوار ہے
واہگہ نسل پنوار ہے
جھمٹ نسل پنوار ہے
میکن نسل پنوار ہے
سیال نسل پنوار ہے
ڈھڈی نسل پنوار ہے
کھرل نسل پنوار ہے
وسیر نسل پنوار ہے
ہرل نسل پنوار ہے
لک نسل پنوار ہے
i have missed many more like kalhora,talokar and many more. some sindhi tribes are also panwar

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom