What's new

Punjab Information Technology Board - Newsletter shows interesting Current Projects

Chak Bamu

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I follow Dr. Umar Saif on twitter. He has shared link for PITB newsletter and it contains current programs that they are working on or maintaining:

Metro Bus Fare system
Android based traffic ticketing system
Tax collection for Excise department via Android
Driver License Issuance Management System
Disease Surveillance System
Dungue Activity Tracking System
Drug Inspection Monitoring & Evaluation
Crime Mapping
Plan 9
Etc....

The PITB Times | pitb.gov.pk

Take a look and share your comments here.

Are other provinces doing something along these lines? If not, these applications can be transferred with minimum hassle.

@ziaulislam @Aether @hasnain0099 @Leader @Akheilos

This guy is great, shows that where there is will there is a way, appoint a professional on merit, and get things done..

I really hope that what is being developed by PITB is shared with rest of the provinces.. :tup:

This guy is great, shows that where there is will there is a way, appoint a professional on merit, and get things done..

I really hope that what is being developed by PITB is shared with rest of the provinces.. :tup:

I've met him a number of times over the years. I am like an elder brother to his wife.

He is a very simple and down-to-earth person, and very apolitical - a true technocrat.

@hasnain0099 yaar Thanks not needed. Comment is needed. Say something here. This is real futuristic work here some of which has been noted world-over, especially the Dengue Monitoring system.

@hasnain0099 yaar Thanks not needed. Comment is needed. Say something here. This is real futuristic work here some of which has been noted world-over, especially the Dengue Monitoring system.
I will comment once I read it which will be once I get home in few hrs right now both my supervisors are here and hence it means need to show results....later!

I was personally involved in plane 9. There are friends who started their own startup through Plan 9 and after passing 6 month incubation process and showing their business worth, they got an investment of 10 million Rs by an private investor. Check plane 9 page on FB, would find some nice info and pics.

Started in 2012 and every year they accept 9-10 groups,mentor them, groom them and help them in starting their business over a period of 6 months.

Initially I think Dr.Miftah Ismail was also involved with Dr.Saif Umar. The real catch of monitoring systems they are developing is, funds for their deployment and training people how to use them.

Last edited:
I've met him a number of times over the years. I am like an elder brother to his wife.

He is a very simple and down-to-earth person, and very apolitical - a true technocrat.

Im sure he is. he is really working hard to make the govt system improve. :tup:

I was personally involved in plane 9. There are friends who started their own startup through Plan 9 and after passing 6 month incubation process and showing their business worth, they got an investment of 10 million Rs by an private investor. Check plane 9 page on FB, would find some nice info and pics.

Started in 2012 and every year they accept 9-10 groups,mentor them, groom them and help them in starting their business over a period of 6 months.

Initially I think Dr.Miftah Ismail was also involved with Dr.Saif Umar. The real catch of monitoring systems they are developing is, funds for their deployment and training people how to use them.
Heard of something similar to this in America....

I follow Dr. Umar Saif on twitter. He has shared link for PITB newsletter and it contains current programs that they are working on or maintaining:

Metro Bus Fare system
Android based traffic ticketing system
Tax collection for Excise department via Android
Driver License Issuance Management System
Disease Surveillance System
Dungue Activity Tracking System
Drug Inspection Monitoring & Evaluation
Crime Mapping
Plan 9
Etc....

The PITB Times | pitb.gov.pk

Take a look and share your comments here.

Are other provinces doing something along these lines? If not, these applications can be transferred with minimum hassle.

@ziaulislam @Aether @hasnain0099 @Leader @Akheilos
Looks impressive liked the crime mapping and other stuff was good ...only managed to skim through but seemed impressive if such things are going on :tup:

Last edited:
You know its extended office on Fridays so my first impression was to get you to know that I have seen the content.
My personal opinion...Introducing innovative and connected IT solutions is indeed the need of the hour but its acceptability will take long time because the IT conscious breed is still growing up and current and previous generations are not so well versed with IT driven solutions....For example, If I would put myself as a automation policymaker, I would place CNIC at the center of IT solutions. Sure, this would be an uphill task but would also yield a landmark achievement. A CNIC which can be used as your National ID,Cash Card, Shop Card, Health Card etc would have enormous benefit from not only economic but also security point of view...In fact I also believe that CNIC should be designed in such a way that it would also be able to serve as Passport by holding digital visas. For automation of society, sky is the limit but time, awareness and acceptability are major headwinds.

@Leader Somewhere I saw you are a PUNJABI ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom