What's new

Punjab govt decides to celebrate basant

Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way if you know more than government

Only on this issue, and maybe a couple of others. The government knows (well, should know) how to run a country, but when they try to speak about religion it makes me cringe. They need to get scholars on board rather than making up their own rules.

why don't you contest in the elections. And I guess people will decide with their votes and guess what you are going to do to oppose this gov?

Don't tempt me.

go against the current one and throw us back to the zardari's and the nawaz and the fazloo's, which is better in your opinion that if people die because of hunger or whatever but least they are not celebrating stuff?

I never said that, don't put words in my mouth.

That's the problem here, we drag every thing to the extreme's.

I did no such thing. My position has been the mainstream one throughout history, yours is just a far left by-product of modern society.

I would ask you why don't you move to Afghanistan?

And I can ask you why haven't you moved to India? You clearly like Basant and don't have a problem with the Sikh Empire, so why not go over to Indian Punjab where people have the same views? Just like you, they too consider themselves Punjabi first.

I would think it's obvious why I'm not in Afghanistan. The country is a mess.

Iman is the thing between you and Allah and it should always be that way.

Islam is also to be implemented through the government in a Muslim majority country.

Turkey is a great example of modern Islamic state

There is nothing Islamic about Turkey, it is secular. At least have the stomach to call a spade a spade, you want secularism. Unfortunately for you, most of Pakistan disagrees:

iu

For that you need equipment, industry, better work ethics and that's a gradual process not an overnight thing. And guess what all that need's money, which current gov is trying to get, whether it be through tourism, loans, exports or whatever.

Basant isn't going to get us that money.

You think any of "Your muslim nation" will stand with us, if we start a war with china, India, US, Europe all together?

No, because there's no such thing as a Muslim nation. They're all either completely or pseudo-secular.

WTF in this world world you have??? nothing-null-zip. We are not a super power we don't get to dictate how the world works, we have to play this game by others rules, whether we like it or not.

We can build ourselves from the bottom up, others have been in worse positions than us throughout history and done the same. What is required is hard-work and punishing criminals effectively to deter others from following in their footsteps.

Search google and you will find fatwa's of ullema in favor of gay marriage, alcohol, bit-coin currency trade and other form's of gambling.

Hence why I said you focus on the majority of those who are considered mainstream. And let's make sure we also use the opinions of older ones such as Imam Abu Hanifa to ensure that these modern ones aren't deviating from the mainstream.

They are most corrupted souls on the planet.

Calm down, that's pretty far fetched.

Why did not YOU make an Iphone? why just tell me why?

Because I was (and still am) getting my education sorted. People spend a lot of time in school/university.

Forget about government's being corrupt or other excuses.

Those excuses are legitimate ones, but you won't listen because you're ridden with an inferiority complex like many others who come from Muslim backgrounds.

Past is past, it's good to feel good about the glory days, but we don't live in the past, we should learn and move on.

Never suggested otherwise.

For example, Pakistanis (all South Asians in fact) are treated as second-class citizens in all Middle Eastern Arab states.

I've lived in the Gulf for several years, and they treated me and my family just fine. Ultimately, so long as you're Muslim and look Arab or European, you'll be fine. This is the case for many Pakistanis, so we get treated fine. Even the lower class Pakistanis don't get anywhere near as much crap as other minorities such as the Tamils, and you'll never see us work in conditions as bad as them.

The 'Ummah' talk is a farce. Historically, Muslims were never one Ummah.

Nonsense, you really don't know history. Look at all these Muslim empires, they all ruled over large portions (some even all of) the Muslim world:

Rashideen

Mohammad_adilRashidunempireatitspeakclos-1.png

Ummayads

1024pxUmayyad750ADloc-1.png

Early Abbasids

uhttps3A2F2Fuploadwikimediaorg2Fwikipedi-3.jpg

Seljuqs

seldschukenreichmap-1.png

Timurids

uhttp3A2F2Fuploadwikimediaorg2Fwikipedia-1.jpg

Ottomans

uhttps3A2F2Ftse3mmbingnet2Fth3Fid3DOIPjn-1.jpg

And like it or not, much of the Muslim world has plenty in common:

uhttp3A2F2Fwwwlanguagesoftheworldinfo2Fw-1.jpg

uhttp3A2F2Fwwwworldatlascom2Fwebimage2Fc-1.jpg

uhttp3A2F2Ftwistedsifterfileswordpressco-1.jpg

800pxMeyers_map-1.jpg

And of course, there's the food. Almost all Muslims consume kebabs, naan, yoghurt drinks, rice, halwa, etc.

Like it or not, we're bound together by more than just a belief in the same God.

They believe that their own culture and heritage is inferior and they try to dissociate themselves from their own roots and associate with the Arabs, Turks and Persians instead.

Most Muslims from Pakistan and bordering states in India are descended from Arabs, Turks and Persians who simply assimilated into the local culture. Let me show you:

https://www.harappadna.org/2012/05/harappaworld-admixture/

This article contains a link to the Harappa admixture sheet which gives the average ancestry results for people belonging to specific communities. You will find that Muslims from Pakistan and north-west India have higher amounts of SW Asian (i.e Arab) ancestry than their non-Muslim counterparts from the same ethnic group. The only exceptions are a few of the Sikh populations, which would be expected since some Muslims did convert to Sikhism (since Islam was already pretty firmly established in the Punjab at that time).

I'll give you some examples:

Kashmiri Paharis (overwhelmingly Muslim): 2% SW Asian admixture
Kashmiri Pandits (overwhelmingly not Muslim): 0% SW Asian admixture

Punjabi Arains (overwhelmingly Muslim): 2% SW Asian admixture
Punjabi Muslim Jatts: 2% SW Asian admixture
Punjabi Brahmins: 0% SW Asian admixture

Gujarati Muslims: 4% SW Asian admixture
Gujarati Patels (overwhelmingly not Muslim): 0% SW Asian admixture

Here is a Muslim Punjabi Gujjar's ancestry results, he obtained 3% SW Asian admixture:
https://www.blogger.com/goog_930992646
https://anthrogenica.com/showthread.php?12411-Pakistani-Gujjar-Results-Harappa

Here are some studies on Muslim Gujjars from north-western India, they are shown to be genetically and physically distinct from their non-Muslim counterparts:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3163234

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3812661

https://www.blogger.com/goog_930992644
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14524001

And the argument is irrelevant since many of the Islamic conquerors were native to the region, and even the ones that weren't had natives as a part of their armies and aristocracy. Not to mention the fact that we are all descended from Adam (peace be upon him).

I've lived in the Gulf for several years, and they treated me and my family just fine. Ultimately, so long as you're Muslim and look Arab or European, you'll be fine. This is the case for many Pakistanis, so we get treated fine. Even the lower class Pakistanis don't get anywhere near as much crap as other minorities such as the Tamils, and you'll never see us work in conditions as bad as them.

"As long as you look Arab or European", you will be treated fine
^Thanks for proving my point.

Pakistanis don't look like either of them .. There may be a very few exceptions though
And what do you even mean by lower-class Pakistanis? There are no classes in Islam, learn to practice what you preach

Nonsense, you really don't know history. Look at all these Muslim empires, they all ruled over large portions (some even all of) the Muslim world:

Rashideen

Mohammad_adilRashidunempireatitspeakclos-1.png

Ummayads

1024pxUmayyad750ADloc-1.png

Early Abbasids

uhttps3A2F2Fuploadwikimediaorg2Fwikipedi-3.jpg

Seljuqs

seldschukenreichmap-1.png

Timurids

uhttp3A2F2Fuploadwikimediaorg2Fwikipedia-1.jpg

Ottomans

uhttps3A2F2Ftse3mmbingnet2Fth3Fid3DOIPjn-1.jpg

And like it or not, much of the Muslim world has plenty in common:

uhttp3A2F2Fwwwlanguagesoftheworldinfo2Fw-1.jpg

uhttp3A2F2Fwwwworldatlascom2Fwebimage2Fc-1.jpg

uhttp3A2F2Ftwistedsifterfileswordpressco-1.jpg

800pxMeyers_map-1.jpg

Totally irrelevant nonsense ... Stop trolling

Most Muslims from Pakistan and bordering states in India are descended from Arabs, Turks and Persians who simply assimilated into the local culture. Let me show you:

Duh ...
My Arab wannabe friend you are free to believe in whatever nonsense you want
But stop presenting absolute BS as some sort of 'proof'

==============================================
@PakSarzameen5823

Alright, just went through the link you provided to @monkeyDluffy's posts on another forum :rofl:
So this is your new id !! ... You are one unique kind of troll, sui generis, my racist Afghani Marwat fraand :drag:

Pakistanis don't look like either of them .. There may be a very few exceptions though

Not very few, a significant portion. Most Pakistanis either look Middle Eastern, European, have their own unique phenotype (which is shared with some Indian Punjabis+Kashmiris), or look like Indians (mostly Muhajirs+Sindhis but some Punjabis also fall into this category). Almost all Pakistanis I've ever met fall into the first two categories. But judging by your views, you probably fall into the 3rd one (but there's nothing wrong with that) and are just salty about it, just like Tarek Fatah and the rest of his ilk.

And what do you even mean by lower-class Pakistanis?

Pakistanis with a lower income level than most other people. The term is not derogatory.

Totally irrelevant nonsense ... Stop trolling

Lmao. You have no way to object to what I said, so you just choose to ignore it. That's very telling to me.

My Arab wannabe friend

I'm not an "Arab wannabe", I'm a Pakistani and more Pakistani than you, that's for sure Mr Punjabi first Ranjit Singh lover. Unlike you, I'm not trying to Indian-wash the nation.

Not very few, a significant portion. Most Pakistanis either look Middle Eastern, European, have their own unique phenotype (which is shared with some Indian Punjabis+Kashmiris), or look like Indians (mostly Muhajirs+Sindhis but some Punjabis also fall into this category). Almost all Pakistanis I've ever met fall into the first two categories. But judging by your views, you probably fall into the 3rd one (but there's nothing wrong with that) and are just salty about it, just like Tarek Fatah and the rest of his ilk.

Pakistanis with a lower income level than most other people. The term is not derogatory.

Lmao. You have no way to object to what I said, so you just choose to ignore it. That's very telling to me.

I'm not an "Arab wannabe", I'm a Pakistani and more Pakistani than you, that's for sure Mr Punjabi first Ranjit Singh lover. Unlike you, I'm not trying to Indian-wash the nation.

Give it a rest, Afghani @Marwat Khan Lodhi
You are a known racist Afghani who hates Pakistan, stop lying
Not interested in your nonsense

Alright, just went through the link you provided to @monkeyDluffy's posts on another forum :rofl:
So this is your new id !! ... You are one unique kind of troll, sui generis, my racist Afghani Marwat fraand :drag:

I thought you said I was an Arab wannabe? Now you're calling me Afghan? Make up your mind.

And I don't wth you're talking about. PakSarzameen is a pretty common username you know.

Give it a rest, Afghani @Marwat Khan Lodhi
You are a known racist Afghani who hates Pakistan, stop lying
Not interested in your nonsense

Dude, I'm not @Marwat Khan Lodhi . My family is mixed, I can't be racist lol.

Pure jealousy & hatred shows up if anything Indian or Hindu practices. This mindset is only in Islam. All other religions don't look at things with the lens of religion or Haram & Halaal.

It's sad even if a child is hungry Muslims will not allow the child to eat food if they know it's not halaal. Instead of feeding the hungry child, you have so much of burden for even eating & everything.

Especially if it's some Non-Islamic customs practiced people start bringing in verses of Quran & Hadith.

But the same people don't have any problem with double standards of people when it comes to sleeping around with women. Men will start appreciating the other, how great they are - They forget it's not allowed in Quran to cheat. But again if a women is little modern character or having an affair, they bring in quran's verses & abusive language will be used about her character.

Every person here talking about Sikh & India & quoting Quran & preaching about Islam should ask yourself if you practice Islam fully to preach others. Do you watch TV, Listen to music, watch movies, watch women dance. They should protest to ban movie industry in Pakistan as women should not be allowed to act, model sing or dance. Bhangra belongs to Non-Muslim Indians. Your movies & programs are all trying to mimic or copy Bollywood or Indian programs. There should not be even female TV hosts. They should wear burqa if they host a program

So first ask yourself if you are a true Muslim before coming with these obsessed selective targeting.

This is a similar obsessed cartoon you people will enjoy.

If a Non-muslim or Indian tells the truth in this forum & you know there is no answer you just give negative rating. I am still new to this forum & was surprised with in my first 10 posts I got a negative rating. Don't people have freedom to tell the truth. Immediately it's defended. Anyway I have nothing to lose. What I said is truth & fact, whether you like it or not. YOu can't shut people from truth for long. It's a internet & social media era

Last edited:
Pure jealousy & hatred shows up if anything Indian or Hindu practices. This mindset is only in Islam. All other religions don't look at things with the lens of religion or Haram & Halaal.

It's sad even if a child is hungry Muslims will not allow the child to eat food if they know it's not halaal. Instead of feeding the hungry child, you have so much of burden for even eating & everything.

Especially if it's some Non-Islamic customs practiced people start bringing in verses of Quran & Hadith.

But the same people don't have any problem with double standards of people when it comes to sleeping around with women. Men will start appreciating the other, how great they are - They forget it's not allowed in Quran to cheat. But again if a women is little modern character or having an affair, they bring in quran's verses & abusive language will be used about her character.

Every person here talking about Sikh & India & quoting Quran & preaching about Islam should ask yourself if you practice Islam fully to preach others. Do you watch TV, Listen to music, watch movies, watch women dance. They should protest to ban movie industry in Pakistan as women should not be allowed to act, model sing or dance. Bhangra belongs to Non-Muslim Indians. Your movies & programs are all trying to mimic or copy Bollywood or Indian programs. There should not be even female TV hosts. They should wear burqa if they host a program

So first ask yourself if you are a true Muslim before coming with these obsessed selective targeting.

If a Non-muslim or Indian tells the truth in this forum & you know there is no answer you just give negative rating. I am still new to this forum & was surprised with in my first 10 posts I got a negative rating. Don't people have freedom to tell the truth. Immediately it's defended. Anyway I have nothing to lose. What I said is truth & fact, whether you like it or not. YOu can't shut people from truth for long. It's a internet & social media era
First of all you should be the last to teach Islam to us.

We know Islam better than you do.

If the child is dying out of hunger then it is permissible to feed the child Haraam food out of necessity.

I am totally against Pakistani movies mimicking Indian bollywood crap. We Pakistanis have nothing in common with you Indians.

Secondly I see nothing wrong with women acting as long as they are dressed modestly according to Islam.

Those excuses are legitimate ones, but you won't listen because you're ridden with an inferiority complex like many others who come from Muslim backgrounds.

Nopes, excuses are excuses. Not one country could become muslim and a success at that too? Well what I am presenting here is reality, sadly it's not some bloated, misplaced, superiority complex. Hey, my muslim forefather did great thing's I guess that's the only thing I should be proud, since I can't do jack sh*t for life. We Muslims as a whole haven't been in picture of invention's for multiple of centuries now and you think this is some inferiority complex. No dear this is just reality. I am proud being an Atomic power nation, with good military capabilities, but that shouldn't make us delusional that we are numba 1.

Don't tempt me.

Why not, let's see how you can do it better? If no one else votes for you, will still get my vote. But it will be a lesson on how reality works. There are people who are fraudily selling fake medicines, old infected meat in shops, people have been selling donkey meat ffs. Let's see how you will do, and what will be your priorities, when your nation has high debt with no foreign exchange reserves, opposition constant finding ways to taunt and destroy your rep in media.

Only on this issue, and maybe a couple of others. The government knows (well, should know) how to run a country, but when they try to speak about religion it makes me cringe. They need to get scholars on board rather than making up their own rules.

mhetha mhettha khye jao, karwa karwa thou thou? Har cheez k adv, diss adv, one has to live with them.

I never said that, don't put words in my mouth.

the bottom line is we do not have a better choice. So keeray bunda na he nikalnay tou acha hai. I too am not 100% on same page with the gov on many issues, but when I see the in-competence from others, the only thing I can say is bunday ko shukar adda karna chahiye..

I did no such thing. My position has been the mainstream one throughout history, yours is just a far left by-product of modern society.

Well you agree or not, you exactly did that. My position has always been the middle ground, as I said moderate society with proper values, and every one having equal rights. Instead of imposing one ideology over another. Sadly I can't discard the 10% Shia Ulema's in your last comment which you easily put-aside just because of your convenience or inclination.

I would think it's obvious why I'm not in Afghanistan. The country is a mess.

Right now it is. I am talking about when Taliban were in power. I mean wasn't it a strict Islamic state? no?

Islam is also to be implemented through the government in a Muslim majority country.

Well, that's kind of pretentious thing to say. Not every one has same idea about Islam, every one has different definition of Islam, and there will never be an agreement on one. The agreement will only be on, one Allah and last prophet/messenger Muhammad (P.B.U.H). Also why don't you just say it that you are follower of Khadim Hussain Rizvi. I mean to you interest can be wiped just like a snap of finger, without angering international banking/trade. Did you see what happened to General Qaddafi? and he just wanted to introduce gold as the trade currency. I have to state it again, we are not a super power the world doesn't stop just because we stopped. It will keep moving on leaving us behind.

You clearly like Basant and don't have a problem with the Sikh Empire, so why not go over to Indian Punjab where people have the same views? Just like you, they too consider themselves Punjabi first.

Again a false assumption. You don't even know if I am going to participate in that event or not, but still I do think it should happen in Pakistan, because it's good image. Btw, where did the Punjabi rant came from? Punjabi First what kind of slogan is that? A very pathetic attempt, I am disappointed. The reason I brought 'you going to Afghanistan argument' was because to me when Taliban were in power it was relatively a very Islamic state. I mean they ban hashish, opium field were no where. But the issue is that they had too much strictness on other things too. If it was still them ruling, there would have so much censorship on internet/media and isolation from the world. Strictness on clothes, strictness on games, strictness on other things. The thing is that kind approach strangles society from inside. Instead of making people lives easy it would have only made it difficult.

Basant isn't going to get us that money.

I don't know how can you even say that. People who make kites, make dore, get a way to earn. You can promote this event for tourism. Every one is not un-interested like you. For tourism to increase, you want to attract people, what do you have except some historical places, food and natural locations to entice them? And to you tourism might be small industry but it's huge. I was reading an article about chinese tourist spending 100 billion in the world, I wish could plug in the article here but you can google it yourself if want.

Unfortunately for you, most of Pakistan disagrees:

iu

Btw, you were awake when elections took place? Last time I checked religious parties were badly beaten, and they all claim to bring in Islamic Law if they came into power, that's their main thing. Also that survey is usually quite bland. What type of Islamic law? We are always looking at peak and not looking at the lowest lows when making that decision. Even I would vote it yes, do I want a system where not even a dog dies of huger, sure. Do I want a system where there is no corruption, sure. Do I want a system where education is free, where merit is rewarded, sure. But these are far fetched things that have no relation with reality. We do not have the wealth, we don't have oil. the only thing we have is human resource, and that too requires some amount of money, infrastructure, investment to function.

Never suggested otherwise.

No, you are suggesting it other wise. That's why you are bringing in Muslim inventions argument. Which is a very weak and pathetic argument. I mean, where we would have been if human's didn't invented the wheel. I wasn't even crediting some specific religion. I mean I stated all modern inventions are thanks to non-muslims and you brought in the argument well that's due to muslim scientist. You can't discredit current inventor just because we muslims did something 1000 years ago. The argument here is WHERE OR WHAT ARE WE DOING NOW? nothing...

Because I was (and still am) getting my education sorted. People spend a lot of time in school/university.

Jub multi billion $ company k CEO bano tou do tell me, even if it takes you 10 year's I will be still here. Also do tell me when you invent some revolutionary thing, which would make you a nominee for Nobel Prize in sciences.

Can't wait for Basant. Too bad I won't be in Lahore.

People don't forget to buy white kites for night time!

Tradition or begharatpana?
What exactly is the level or thing that measure the bagiratness of a person or a thing?
Beacsue there are many things which are practiced in our society and they are generally accepted but very bagirat things.

I am somewhat conflicted.

As a child, I used to fly kites in Pakistan with friends/family and I remember having a lot of fun in Basant. There also was music, horse dancing, and tents set up with fun shows for kids.

Pakistan at that time was very safe. Young kids could run around unattended and be completely safe. We used to regularly run around to watch as older kids showed us their kite battling skills.

When Pakistan banned Basant, I understood the rationale. Kids' necks were getting sliced by modified strings as they were watching from roofs and balconies. However, someplace my heart felt sad for it.

Now, I learned that Basant was a custom which Sikhs brought to Punjab during the Sikh Empire.

We stopped Nau Roz also, which was actually a big link to our brothers and sisters in Iran and Afghanistan.

If we ban Basant, maybe we should introduce these kite traditions in some other holiday or in some other safer way.
We never stopped nourooz. If you big philosophers sitting in lahore and karachi can see beyond there cities. They would find great diversity.
Naurooz is still celebrated all over gilgit baltistan and parts of kpk.
Before during Mughal empire it was celebrated throughout Pakistan and we must bring it back and celebrate it in national level and make it an event.

I can't do jack sh*t for life.

We still do stuff, it's just not often publicised. Considering how many patriots are on the forum, I'd expect you guys to be more aware about this (since a lot of these recent achievements came from Pakistan itself, such as Rehbar-1).

but that shouldn't make us delusional that we are numba 1.

We ARE number 1. Allah considers us the best of people.

Why not, let's see how you can do it better? If no one else votes for you, will still get my vote. But it will be a lesson on how reality works. There are people who are fraudily selling fake medicines, old infected meat in shops, people have been selling donkey meat ffs. Let's see how you will do, and what will be your priorities, when your nation has high debt with no foreign exchange reserves, opposition constant finding ways to taunt and destroy your rep in media.

Maybe in the future. We'll see.

the bottom line is we do not have a better choice.

We can force a better choice to come onto the scene by not accepting any idiots. That's called natural selection, the weak get weeded out and only the strong remain.

Sadly I can't discard the 10% Shia Ulema's in your last comment which you easily put-aside just because of your convenience or inclination.

They're the minority, even if we include them they'd get overruled. That's how democracy works.

Right now it is.

Not just right now, it's always been like that ever since the Communists came.

Well, that's kind of pretentious thing to say.

That's what Islam says. If you don't like it, tough cookies. Pakistan was made for Muslims and I expect it to abide by mainstream Islam. Otherwise, it's existence is almost completely meaningless.

Not every one has same idea about Islam, every one has different definition of Islam, and there will never be an agreement on one.

This wishy washy logic might fly with others, but not with anyone who knows even the basic thing about Islam. There IS mainstream Islam, and that is the Islam we should collectively follow as a nation. People can follow whichever strand they want in their private time (or just not be Muslim at all), but the government itself should abide by the laws set in place by mainstream Islam.

why don't you just say it that you are follower of Khadim Hussain Rizvi.

Because I'm not, I'm not even a Barelvi.

I mean to you interest can be wiped just like a snap of finger,

No, that process would take time and in fact it may even be impossible to implement it completely.

Did you see what happened to General Qaddafi?

Pakistan is not Libya. We have the 6th largest military and a vast nuclear arsenal.

The reason I brought 'you going to Afghanistan argument' was because to me when Taliban were in power it was relatively a very Islamic state.

They ruled by Pashtunwali. Doesn't sound very Islamic to me.

But the issue is that they had too much strictness on other things too.

Agreed.

I don't know how can you even say that. People who make kites, make dore, get a way to earn. You can promote this event for tourism. Every one is not un-interested like you. For tourism to increase, you want to attract people, what do you have except some historical places, food and natural locations to entice them? And to you tourism might be small industry but it's huge. I was reading an article about chinese tourist spending 100 billion in the world, I wish could plug in the article here but you can google it yourself if want.

Oh please, nobody is coming for Basant. Tourists come to Pakistan for KPK and Gilgit Baltistan. That's where the money's at.

Last time I checked religious parties were badly beaten

Because they're incompetent rulers. What we need is a good government that stays in it's lane, focusing on ruling the country and uses these types of guys for fatwas.

The argument here is WHERE OR WHAT ARE WE DOING NOW? nothing...

You acted as if we haven't had a hand in what is going on now, which I merely demonstrated as being false.

Also do tell me when you invent some revolutionary thing, which would make you a nominee for Nobel Prize in sciences.

If such a thing occurs, I might let you know.

Pure jealousy & hatred shows up if anything Indian or Hindu practices.

Jealousy? Lol no. Hatred? Yes, we despite sati, the caste system among other things.

All other religions don't look at things with the lens of religion or Haram & Halaal.

They do, it's just that their followers don't tend to practice what they preach.

No, in such circumstances it is permissible to eat haram food. I don't know where you're getting this from, but it sounds to me like your knowledge of Islam is not even basic.

No. Infidelity is quite rare among Muslims, as are pre-marital relationships of a sexual nature.

Do you watch TV, Listen to music, watch movies, watch women dance.

Yes, no, yes, no (in that order).

as women should not be allowed to act, model sing or dance.

They can do all those things so long as they don't cross the boundary, for example, they can act, sing and model, but they must cover themselves properly, not try to attract the opposite gender and not use instruments. They can also dance, but not in front of other men. Same rulings apply for men.

Bhangra belongs to Non-Muslim Indians

Muslims had a hand in it as well, but I agree, it's wrong for us to practice it.

Your movies & programs are all trying to mimic or copy Bollywood or Indian programs.

Agreed, and it's disgraceful.

There should not be even female TV hosts. They should wear burqa if they host a program

Too far, most scholars consider it acceptable for women to show their face and hands.

Kite flying should remain banned unless there is foolproof way to prevent deaths and injuries. Even life of few children worth more than tourism or enjoyment. People play loud music on roof of their houses without caring about those vulnerable who live in their
neighbourhood (sick or older people) and often its more pondi and loud noises than enjoying kite flying

Secondly i dont understand the logic of those who associate it with Hindu or Himduism. Hindus worship everything in nature and attribute it to some God or Goddess then should we start opposing nature be it stars, animsls, fire. Use common sense.

How authentic is the narrative that basant was started by hindus in lahore to honour a hindu blasphemer who was sentenced to death by the muslim governer of lahore in the 1700's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom