What's new

Punjab govt decides to celebrate basant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. But with the provision that the law is not broken.

Do any punjabis in Pakistan actually celebrate this?

In my rural village or even city I haven't heard of it. All we know is that Lahoris ect indulge in this kanjar khana.

Basically more of a rural tradition adopted by Lahore. Actually done to celebrate spring arrival.

Do any punjabis in Pakistan actually celebrate this?

In my rural village or even city I haven't heard of it. All we know is that Lahoris ect indulge in this kanjar khana.

Salamu Alaykum

I know plenty of Punjabis who fly kites frequently for fun (or at least, used to before smartphones came along) but I've never seen a Punjabi celebrate Basant. I had to Google what it even was. You're right, apparently it's really only a thing around Lahore and Kasur.

It's just some festival Ranjit Singh made up, I don't know how any self-respecting Musalman could celebrate such an event (especially when it's considered haram for us to have any annual festivals other than eid).

Basically more of a rural tradition adopted by Lahore. Actually done to celebrate spring arrival.
Sir as per my study, Basant is nothing to do with Muslims, nor it is related to our Culture but a crap adopted from hindus, and Mushi imposed it on our nation. The killer Basant celebration should be ban and im case of violation should be dealt with iron hands not less than death penalty because this thing leads to Qatil Door incidents

Salamu Alaykum

I know plenty of Punjabis who fly kites frequently for fun (or at least, used to before smartphones came along) but I've never seen a Punjabi celebrate Basant. I had to Google what it even was. You're right, apparently it's really only a thing around Lahore and Kasur.

It's just some festival Ranjit Singh made up, I don't know how any self-respecting Musalman could celebrate such an event (especially when it's considered haram for us to have any annual festivals other than eid).

Yeah. I remember flying kites was a huge thing all year round until they banned it.

A welcoming step. Pakistan should promote it's festivities and traditions. Every country cash on such things and it's a pity that previous government banned such a beautiful event which have a potential of attracting tourism.

It was stupid of them to stop celebrating. It was even celebrated in Peshawar.
They should've created certain laws to help prevent harmful use of glass strings, but no they were lazy and jeopardized our culture

It's not OUR culture.
It is our culture, stop giving our culture away to other countries. Just because they started to copy the traditions that were invented on theses lands, that we refuse to celebrate them. Tell the world what our culture has done to others traditions. We were influencers of this region and will be, till the end of times.

It was stupid of them to stop celebrating. It was even celebrated in Peshawar.
They should've created certain laws to help prevent harmful use of glass strings, but no they were lazy and jeopardized our culture

It is our culture, stop giving our culture away to other countries. Just because they started to copy the traditions that were invented on theses lands, that we refuse to celebrate them. Tell the world what our culture has done to others traditions. We were influencers of this region and will be, till the end of times.

Salamu Alaykum

Bro, do you even know who started this event? None other than Ranjit Singh, the Maharaja of the Sikh Empire who was a sworn enemy of Muslims and Islam. Not only that, but he also fought frequently with your very own people, the Pashtuns.

Salamu Alaykum

Bro, do you even know who started this event? None other than Ranjit Singh, the Maharaja of the Sikh Empire who was a sworn enemy of Muslims and Islam. Not only that, but he also fought frequently with your very own people, the Pashtuns.
Yes, very well so.
Even if it was the devil that did it, it was on these lands, now others are taking it and making an industry around it. With all do respect sir we as muslims need to forget, not forgive but forget. We cant be thinking about the past events and forsake our vibrant future as a colorful nation.
Regarding the Sikh empire, that's also a Pakistani empire now. It was a dark part of our history but it happened. I'll give you an example, the japanese despise the samurai, but they make millions around the world with the samurai culture. The samurai dont hunt them anymore but they still use it to fund their nations wealth. Do u understand what I am trying saying sir?
Celebrate your vibrant past and dont let it be stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom