What's new

Punjab counter-terrorism dept to get POF weapons

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Punjab Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) will join hands with Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) to equip its force with the latest arms and bullet-proof jackets to meet growing challenges’ of terrorism and militancy.

The officials of the provincial government including Punjab Home Secretary Muhammad Azam, Punjab Home Special Secretary, Prisons IG and Additional IG Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) Aftab Cheema made this pledge during at live fire power demonstration arranged by POF here on Saturday.

The live fire power demonstration of POF arms and ammunition is the part of the endeavour of POF to bring at par the country law enforcement agencies and civil armed forces with international standards by equipping them with latest arms and ammunition after fulfilling the requirements of armed forces.

During live demonstration of arms, Elite Force Commandant Colonel Saad and high officials of Police and the CTD not only themselves fired with POF products but also witnessed the fire demonstration of other POF products.

On this occasion, Punjab Home Secretary directed the purchase committee to initiate a case for procurement of POF arms and ammunition immediately.

CTD Additional IG desired that a special design for the uniform of CTD force should be prepared by the POF and assured him that the said design will be soon prepared for CTD Force.

Colonel (R) Inamullah Khan, in his detailed briefing, told the participants that the POF can assist law enforcement agencies by providing reliable and high quality weapons in war against terrorism. The POF can also provide after sales service facilities to the law enforcement agencies.

He urged the participants that law enforcement agencies should meet their requirements of arms and ammunition by preferring the POF-made products which will also save huge foreign exchange.

Punjab counter-terrorism dept to get POF weapons | Pakistan Today

When we are going to see this damn force in action?

So the POF will produce firearms for the police, I am guessing most of them are going to be SMG type weapons mostly G 3s, Mp5s and PK 10s, all the other firearms are good but from what I have heard and seen myself is that the POF MP5s tend to jam up after about a magazine on average, the cause being carbon build up or something, so I am wondering why would we still produce it regardless of its shortcomings, I think its time to get a new tender to replace MP5s....

So the POF will produce firearms for the police, I am guessing most of them are going to be SMG type weapons mostly G 3s, Mp5s and PK 10s, all the other firearms are good but from what I have heard and seen myself is that the POF MP5s tend to jam up after about a magazine on average, the cause being carbon build up or something, so I am wondering why would we still produce it regardless of its shortcomings, I think its time to get a new tender to replace MP5s....

SAR-B6 Most likely.

ST-9 & B-6-by POF

IMG_1301_zpsa04e6c20.jpg
IMG_1302_zps39484f5d.jpg
IMG_1306_zpsfd2b7f53.jpg
IMG_1315_zps9c106ca9.jpg
IMG_1316_zps28346347.jpg
IMG_1325_zpsb0d44954.jpg
IMG_1327_zpsd9df21ee.jpg

If bravado and bluster were guns and bullets, Punjabis would be the deadliest people in the world :coffee:

Why do you have to be 'deadly'?

poor choice of words really. Guns and bullets, I had to end on a similar theme. So guns are used to kill = deadly.

Oh and Indian stereotype humor as well :D

I'll take it as a complement :D

Maybe this is a stupid question

But my understanding is that Punjab has relatively escaped the wrath of the Taliban in terms of terrorism?

Are there similar developments in other provinces?

Maybe this is a stupid question

But my understanding is that Punjab has relatively escaped the wrath of the Taliban in terms of terrorism?

Are there similar developments in other provinces?
Yes.

Also

Sindh minus Karachi = Terrorism free

The Punjab Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) will join hands with Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) to equip its force with the latest arms and bullet-proof jackets to meet growing challenges’ of terrorism and militancy.

The officials of the provincial government including Punjab Home Secretary Muhammad Azam, Punjab Home Special Secretary, Prisons IG and Additional IG Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) Aftab Cheema made this pledge during at live fire power demonstration arranged by POF here on Saturday.

The live fire power demonstration of POF arms and ammunition is the part of the endeavour of POF to bring at par the country law enforcement agencies and civil armed forces with international standards by equipping them with latest arms and ammunition after fulfilling the requirements of armed forces.

During live demonstration of arms, Elite Force Commandant Colonel Saad and high officials of Police and the CTD not only themselves fired with POF products but also witnessed the fire demonstration of other POF products.

On this occasion, Punjab Home Secretary directed the purchase committee to initiate a case for procurement of POF arms and ammunition immediately.

CTD Additional IG desired that a special design for the uniform of CTD force should be prepared by the POF and assured him that the said design will be soon prepared for CTD Force.

Colonel (R) Inamullah Khan, in his detailed briefing, told the participants that the POF can assist law enforcement agencies by providing reliable and high quality weapons in war against terrorism. The POF can also provide after sales service facilities to the law enforcement agencies.

He urged the participants that law enforcement agencies should meet their requirements of arms and ammunition by preferring the POF-made products which will also save huge foreign exchange.

Punjab counter-terrorism dept to get POF weapons | Pakistan Today

MASHA ALLAH:pakistan:

Same model should be followed by Sindh, KPK and especially Police force of Balochistan although they need to buy helmets and bullet proof jackets as well from them.

SAR-B6 Most likely.
SAR B6 is a side arm, and undoubtedly a good one, but I was wondering about primary SMG, I think that the PK 10s and MP5s are outdated, we should try and get SAR 223 considering we already have and understanding with Sarslimaz, please clear one thing if you can, some sites say that we import the SARs from Sarslimaz under the POF name and do not indigenously produce it, is it true....:undecided:

SAR B6 is a side arm, and undoubtedly a good one, but I was wondering about primary SMG, I think that the PK 10s and MP5s are outdated, we should try and get SAR 223 considering we already have and understanding with Sarslimaz, please clear one thing if you can, some sites say that we import the SARs from Sarslimaz under the POF name and do not indigenously produce it, is it true....:undecided:
that my friend is correct - personally witnessed it, weapons are turkish, we just stamp them....

talking about the Topic then i guess, they should pick up some G-3 with scope for DMR,
ST9 - and no B6. B6 we get is a lemon.....also they are importing tactical shotguns - so they will be getting that too......

that my friend is correct - personally witnessed it, weapons are turkish, we just stamp them....

talking about the Topic then i guess, they should pick up some G-3 with scope for DMR,
ST9 - and no B6. B6 we get is a lemon.....also they are importing tactical shotguns - so they will be getting that too......

G 3 is a tried and proven weapon so it should definitely make the list, as for G 3 as a DMR I dont think we are going to need that in large number, only a few may be needed for special units, the PSR 90 may also be effective as a DMR and provide better range, accuracy and firepower than the G3s, most of the G3 should atleast have dot sights with picattiny rails for urban close quarters encounters, as far as siderarms in the 9mm caliber are concerned I believe we have alot of options, we can use the indigenous 9mm Beretta clone produced at POF

Back
Top Bottom