What's new

PTV wants to be visible in India again

Flintlock

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
PTV wants to be visible in India again

11 May, 2008, 1034 hrs IST, PTI
NEW DELHI: Pakistan Television (PTV) is keen to make itself visible in India again and is scouting for a partner here as required by the regulatory guidelines of the country.

Pakistani channels have been off the air in India for over two years, ostensibly because of dispute over payment of licence fee.

However, with the new government in place in Islamabad, Pakistan is making efforts to see that the country's channels are visible here.

In this direction, state-run PTV has expressed readiness to end the stand-off over licence fee by agreeing to pay the annual amount of Rs 5 lakh as per the rules, sources said.

It has also started scouting for an Indian partner as required by the regulatory guidelines of this country.

The rules prescribe that a foreign channel can be downlinked here through a tie-up with an Indian company having an annual turnover of at least Rs 1.5 crore.

Preliminary talks have been held with some channels but nothing concrete has emerged so far, the sources said.

The Pakistan government has also advised the private TV channels of the country to work in this direction.

According to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) rules, a foreign TV channel can be downlinked by a company that is registered in India and has commercial presence here.

The applicant company must either own the channel it wants downlinked for public viewing or must enjoy for the territory of India exclusive marketing or distribution rights for the same, inclusive of the rights of the advertising and subscription revenues for the channel.

PTV wants to be visible in India again- Media-Media / Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Interesting!!

Will we hear the Pakistani side of things in the near future?

Or will PTV tone down its content to please Indian viewers?

Watch this space!

Well i hope they carry on showing the crimes carried out by the indian army in kashmir........thats what you mean by "tone down its content" i assume.

Don't assume. It usually disappoints.

What I meant was, that will it modify its content to conform to the Indian market and broadcasting rules, or will it continue to air the same material as Pakistan

Dabong.

It is time to place the cards on the table.

In 1947, Pakistan sent Afghans, commanded by PA officers posing as Kashmiris to conquer Kashmir. You were sent packing and would have reached their home but for good old Pandit Nehru, the bleeding heart.

In 1965. Ayub and what started as Op Gibraltar (not discussed in Pak history) aiming to show a Kashmiri rebellion and thereafter, also failed miseravly.

1971 taught you the lesson of your life and the whimper and wail is so resounding in this forum. Not that I blame you since that hiding put paid to the Pakistani 1 : 10 theory to rest as a bogus delirium..

Then Kargil was done to regain some prestige and it failed so miserably that your dead had to be buried by Indians. Of course, I will concede that they
were the second class population - the Shias and you couldn't care less!

Don't you think it is time for you to calm down and face reality and enter the debate in a educated manner?

Why do you wnt me to raise embarrassing issues?!

Bygones are bygones!

salim you talk nonsense. india has a population of 1.2 billion and pakistan .16 billion. india has never reconciled the fact of partition, a fact stated by vajpayee.
india got its upcomenth when they tried it on with china.

back to topic india has banned in 2006 all arabic channels on the behest of usa.

salim you talk nonsense. india has a population of 1.2 billion and pakistan .16 billion. india has never reconciled the fact of partition, a fact stated by vajpayee.
india got its upcomenth when they tried it on with china.

back to topic india has banned in 2006 all arabic channels on the behest of usa.

I must be appearing to talk nonsense to you since you are seized with a fear and insecure phobia!

The fact the India is doing way better than Pakistan even though Pakistan claims to be a free state earlier than India, and floundering like a beached whale, does create a sense of wonderment and disbelief!

You wallow in self pity and nothing more and that leads to imagining problems besotting your country in a very surrealistic way as if on drugs.

No matter how much you wish to crank in, as some do (I think Roadrunner) to invent a new identity, you still remain what you are - the churn what is India and its history of invaders!

As far as Partition is concerned, it is a fact of history. Nothing can chnage it, Vajapayee or the the Mosl.em dream of having the Pak flag on Red Fort is the height of stupidity!

If you are alluding to 1962 you are right. But thereafter, we have come a long way. I don't think you are aware of Nathu La. I sure hope China tries it again, but they are well aware how a small nation like Vietnam gave them a bloody nose!

No matter how much you wish to crank in, as some do (I think Roadrunner) to invent a new identity, you still remain what you are - the churn what is India and its history of invaders!

Nah, we didnt invent another identity, we just kept the one we have had for the past 9000 years.
Indians however couldnt claim it anymore since we stopped sharing the same name. Thats what happens when you claim the identity of people living so far away from you.

Its funny you mention this though. Indians did not have any claim over the Indus identity before the British came and merged us into one nation. So it was you guys who decided to scrap your old identity and start sharing with Pakistanis.
I can imagine how humiliating it must feel.

Dabong.

It is time to place the cards on the table.

In 1947, Pakistan sent Afghans, commanded by PA officers posing as Kashmiris to conquer Kashmir. You were sent packing and would have reached their home but for good old Pandit Nehru, the bleeding heart.!

Salim.... why did india go to the UN in 1947 if you where winning..?
Thank Pandit Nehru that you did not get wiped out in kashmir in 1947.

In 1965. Ayub and what started as Op Gibraltar (not discussed in Pak history) aiming to show a Kashmiri rebellion and thereafter, also failed miseravly..

"Op Gibraltar (not discussed in Pak history)"
Are you dreaming again.......

1971 taught you the lesson of your life and the whimper and wail is so resounding in this forum. Not that I blame you since that hiding put paid to the Pakistani 1 : 10 theory to rest as a bogus delirium...!

You hero's.......did you not come into the war in the last 2/3 weeks when victory was assured in bangladesh...?

Then Kargil was done to regain some prestige and it failed so miserably that your dead had to be buried by Indians.!!

So you PM wasn't begging the US to get the pak army to back down......do not forget we vacated the mountains, you never expelled us by force.

Of course, I will concede that they
were the second class population - the Shias and you couldn't care less!!

Well i can see you have to prove yourself to all the other indians being a muslim in india....i bet you cheer the indian cricket team with extra enthusiasm just to prove to the majority that your a loyal subject.

Don't you think it is time for you to calm down and face reality and enter the debate in a educated manner?!

When you have "calmed down and faced reality"...get back to me..!

Why do you wnt me to raise embarrassing issues?!?!

The human rights record in kashmir i agree is "embarrassing"...but please do raise the subject.

Bygones are bygones!

:argh::argh:

india is doing better than pakistan in terms of farmer suicides, hunger disease and poverty, 24 hr power cuts no sanitation etc etc
why dont you compare india with china.
i believe the muslims not only had a flag on the red fort but built it. the history of india is absent with regards to true india or hindu achievement except from mythology from bollywood or boguswood.

india is doing better than pakistan in terms of farmer suicides, hunger disease and poverty, 24 hr power cuts no sanitation etc etc
i believe the muslims not only had a flag on the red fort but built it. the history of india is absent with regards to true india or hindu achievement except from mythology from bollywood or boguswood.

Not to mention that a lot of hindu history they claim happens to be in Pakistan, hence belongs to Pakistanis too.

Rite...Mr. Expert Historian...why don't you go and do a little studying first?

History of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its may one of the right move from Ptv, once they allowed then they will supposed to continue develpoment upto markable standards of their broadcasts and updated to visionable & watchable in India.

Back
Top Bottom