What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

Here you go Sir, the Supreme Court has spoken on this matter too. Legally, everything is just about as clear as mud, but then again, may be it is only appropriate for the all the mud wrestling going on right now. :D:

SC orders state institutions against 'unconstitutional steps' - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: A larger bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan led by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk while hearing a petition filed against any possible extra-constitutional steps ordered all state institutions and officials against taking any steps in violation of the Constitution of Pakistan, DawnNews reported.

The court further said that violation of court's orders would be treated as treason and punishable under Article 6 of the Constitution and also issued notice to the federation.

Other members of the apex court's larger bench include Justice Jawwad S. Khawaja, Justice Mian Saqib Nisar and Justice Asif Saeed Khosa.

The order further state that the apex court in its July 31, 2009 judgement had issued clear instructions over the issue and its implementation was applicable on every one.

The petition was filed by the president Supreme Court Bar Association, Kamran Murtaza, who said that fundamental rights were in danger and had requested the court to issue an order against an possible extra-constitutional steps that could be taken in the country in light of the country's prevailing sensitive political situation.

Presenting his arguments the petitioner had said that the country was undergoing a critical situation since the past two weeks and fear were being expressed that the parliament and democracy was in danger.

He added that the National Assembly had also approved a resolution in this regards and that such a resolution is not required under normal circumstances. The petitioner also read out the summary of the resolution approved by the National Assembly.

Attorney General of Pakistan, had been issued with a notice prior to the hearing, told the bench that he supported the stance of the petitioner because it was a matter was related to fundamental rights and political stability.

He further said that earlier the Lahore High Court had also issued a judgment in this regards and the courts had ordered that the government could not be removed through any unconstitutional measures.

In his arguments, attorney general also mentioned a Supreme Court ruling in India which had prohibited a political rally from taking place against the government.

This is not the judgement, it's an order more like instructions that court has passed while ordering issuance of the notices to the respondents. Actually things have started blossoming out, court has warned all the institutions including the institution headed by a man bearing a command stick. What this news item has failed to report is the essence of the order, it says "State authorities and functionaries are directed to act only in accordance with the Constitution and the law who shall be guided by the principles of Constitution and Law enunciated in the case of Sindh High Court Bar Association v Federation of Pakistan"

Famous case that covers emergency and subsequent events of 2007.

Inquilab march is bigger than azadi march .............

ARY NEWS have been pro PAT all the way,but now i see sudden change of hearts as their anchors r taking PAT Spokesperson apart

BvFubLlIMAAH7Kh.jpg

Oh my God, you can discuss with some else i don't even want to hear his name, I think you also like mir shakeel. Sorry cant hear, will leave this forum.

Yeah I can imagine how must you feel. See I have similar feeling of revulsion about this fellow:
Forgotten Baighairats.jpg

I do not know if you would recall this particular program from which this shot was taken. It devastated his reputation. He has been busy gathering agency-sponsored support ever since. To you he may be a great patriot instead of Hamid Mir. But Hamid Mir had the guts to stand up for what he believed, faced threats head-on and got shot with six bullets. He still has not given up his stand. I have great respect for him.

Do you know any one who would take a stand like that? Could this guy in picture do something like this?

Anyways, I do not know Mir Shakeel. I have never heard or read him. I can say for his editorial policy at Geo and Jang that he knows how to run his business whether one likes it or not.

I do know Hamid Mir. I have great respect for his father Prof. Waris Mir. The guy had courage to speak out against PA conduct in erstwhile East Pakistan. Takes guts to do that while there is Martial Law in the country. Hamid Mir is a worthy son.:tup:

Inquilab march is bigger than azadi march .............

Janta is Tired so they want to reach at Isb as early as possible.. so they can sitt relax NEEND PURI KARO....

Yeah because they are heading towards ISB fastely than Azadi march.. so People want to reach there as fast as they can and will Join PTI latter..
;)

Same destinations

yeah i see a sudden change of hearts, switching sides....????

Different media outlets have already chosen their sides, journalists are already in beds with their favorite politician. The thing is not everybody can cloak preconception.

Different media outlets have already chosen their sides, journalists are already in beds with their favorite politician. The thing is not everybody can cloak preconception.
I have observed a sudden change of heart from ARY.... from PRO to ANTI ....

At work right now. Any update on how the march is going?

I have observed a sudden change of heart from ARY.... from PRO to ANTI ....
I make it a point to never watch ARY, unless forced to do so out of politness to some guest, etc... so I can not confirm your impression. But I can think of three reasons:

1. They are betting that the government is not going anywhere and that they will eventually have to face the music.
2. They are sensing a change in public mood and responding.
3. Their masters have told them to shift focus.

Or it could simply be because their embedded reporters have had their ride with TuQ and feel no obligation to sound sympathetic.

Any, all, or a combination of the above.

I make it a point to never watch ARY, unless forced to do so out of politness to some guest, etc... so I can not confirm your impression. But I can think of three reasons:

1. They are betting that the government is not going anywhere and that they will eventually have to face the music.
2. They are sensing a change in public mood and responding.
3. Their masters have told them to shift focus.

Or it could simply be because their embedded reporters have had their ride with TuQ and feel no obligation to sound sympathetic.

Any, all, or a combination of the above.
i agree that it seems their master have asked them to shift gear & switch side :)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom