What's new

PTI to form government in KPK

I think its not just a tug of war between PML-N and PTI to form a government in KPK. There are also others factors as well, like Taliban, Army and USA. Now who will deal with that issue and juggle it? If I am not wrong, Taliban attacked JUI-F, and JUI-F has tendency to lean towards PML-N to form a government. But even if it do manage to form a government, the Taliban might not like JUI-F and might attack Mulana F. Thus you have an unstable government.

But what if PTI, makes a government with Independents, and JI, would it be able to deal with Taliban, Army and USA, that is some serious juggling there...

Considering that, the army might have a say in it too, who would form the government in KPK.

I don't think PMLN has any option if JI and QWP join PTI.

PTI will have 36 and 7 each for the others.

PTI will grant JI and QWP Speaker and deputy speaker role... All ministries will remain with PTI.

cant see how can PML-N 'ALLOW' PTI to form govt?
if JI is supporting PTI then PML-N cannot form KPK govt unless they tag along all the other political parties which will hurt them politically.

Pmln once again is playing the role of friendly opposition, Ppp never had majority in last 5 years and Pmln had chances but never tried to form a govt !!!!!!!! give credit where its due

JI likely to enter alliance with PTI in KP and NA
Daniyal Hassan | DAWN.COM | 1 hour ago 0

PESHAWAR: The Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) is to enter an alliance with the Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, a senior party leader told Dawn.com.

The party’s Majlis-e-Amla is going to have a meeting later in the evening today with members of the PTI which includes newly won candidate from NA-5 Pervaiz Khattak and PTI’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa president Asad Qaiser.

There are reports that Maulana Fazlur Rehman was in contact with both JI and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leaders to form a government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, following staunch rivalry against Imran Khan.

But JI sources said that it is most likely to be part of PTI formed government. “JI has nothing against Maulana Fazlur Rehman but it would be unfair on PTI if they are not allowed to form a government after winning majority of the seats in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.”

PML-N Punjab President Shahbaz Sharif has also said that his party supports the formation of a PTI government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

But JI is equally going to be helping itself more than PTI by forming a coalition.

“We weren’t part of the previous elections in 2008, and the best way to come back in politics is to be either actively involved as opposition or be part of the government. JI leaders feel that by joining hands with PTI in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, it will revive its chances of doing better in the next elections.” the JI source added.

JI won seven provincial seats in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and three NA seats.

“We are not in a bargaining position with the PTI for the KPK government because our numbers of seats are few, but PTI realises that it does need JI to deal with the Taliban in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. PTI will also need the more experienced JI leaders in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa who are aware of the matters of the province and can help Imran with the governance there.” According to the JI source.

JI leaders are disappointed with election outcome by not being able to bag as many seats as they would have wanted to have a stronger influence in the ongoing politics, and they partially blame the PTI for it. “If PTI had collaborated with JI before the elections, PML-N wouldn’t have won with a huge margin in Punjab. It was a loss for both PTI and JI” the source said. “PML-N too knows that if JI and PTI were together the Sharif’s would have never crossed hundred seats in the national assembly” He added.

The source also suggests that JI will support PTI to form an opposition party against PML-N, since PTI still hasn’t got enough seats to form the leading opposition party in the national assembly. “We will monitor PML-N’s policies regarding the United States and India, but most likely we are going to be part of the opposition in the national assembly.”

JI likely to enter alliance with PTI in KP and NA | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

i doubt he can be an opposition leader without PPP MQM support which can only be detrimental. and its better to take full charge of a province than being just another member on the opposition benches.
he has been behind the scenes for 17 yrs now lol. governing a province will make him more seasoned. and i also doubt anyother PTI leader in KPK can be conceptually as clear as IK wrt to what PTI aims to achieve. too big a risk to let KPK fail.
looking at the KPK history, they'll kick PTI out if its doesnt deliver lol.. Pathans seem to be the most rational of all haha

i dont know about the rules of by-election. he can be smart by getting other parties on board and win a provincial seat.. anyways PTI leadership will know better but i seriously hope that they atleast consider this option even if they reject it.

This certainly is worth pondering upon, MQM and PPP will only prove to be a menace in opposition, IK as CM can direct lying give him the chance to do things his way. Another person, no matter if PTI, will have his ideas and won't be a puppet to IK.

But the voices coming out from PTI camp suggest to the contrary...it certainly would be good to see IK as CM.

Something tells me that IK wants to be face to face with nawaz Sharif, especially if he gets to be opposition leader, PPP don't really have any capable opposition leader.

i hope pakistan can follow malaysia or brunei system for future peaceful era.........forget the west & arab........forget the afghanistan............stay neutral & protect your country brother
may Allah give pakistan peace & strong power

So true.....:pakistan:

Pmln once again is playing the role of friendly opposition, Ppp never had majority in last 5 years and Pmln had chances but never tried to form a govt !!!!!!!! give credit where its due

Aisi remote possibility ko bhi chance kehne lag jao toh waqai chance hai. All channels reported Fazlu and PMLN doing mashaverat. Obviously unho ne dekha hoga, ke unke siva koi hai hi nahi.

Opposition will go to JUI-F, PMLN is no where in KPK.

QWP chairman Sherpao has confirmed that IK has contacted him.

So PTI has contacted JI and QWP...I think pti should only tag along one party, do say bara rolla machta hai, everybody wants a ministry.

Nope.. PTI should take as many parties as possible.. This reduces dependency and makes government immune to blackmail.
Give some useless ministries to those and form a strong government.

Aisi remote possibility ko bhi chance kehne lag jao toh waqai chance hai. All channels reported Fazlu and PMLN doing mashaverat. Obviously unho ne dekha hoga, ke unke siva koi hai hi nahi.

Opposition will go to JUI-F, PMLN is no where in KPK.

O Saeen yar tu bhi na :omghaha:

Pmln has a history of respecting mandate of other parties. People called us FRIENDLY opposition just because we respected Ppp mandate and allowed them to form govt. Accept it

and Fazlu contacted Pmln and Pmln said NO. Simple

I m against PTI forming govt. PTI ogvt in KPK will be set up for failure. The federal govt. of Nawaz Sharif will ensure that.

Instead of bad mouthing PTI, what better way to discredit it than to let it form a govt. and create environment for it to fail.

Meeting b/w Sherapo party and PTI, QWP to deliberate tomorrow.

A frnd of mine tweeted..." Pathans caste their votes and Punjabis voted their caste "..... lol

Stop this nonsense yara... honestly speaking, I've yet to find a Pathan who'd badmouth Punjabis over these elections and it's results in regards to Imran Khan...

Just to clear your mind a bit.

1993: PPP won from KPK
1997: Nawaz Sharif
2002: MMA
2008: ANP
2013: PTI

The fact is; we kick out anyone who doesn't perform in their tenure. The same would be done to PTI if they don't deliver. Simple.

Back
Top Bottom