What's new

PSLV-C39 carrying navigation satellite IRNSS-1H failed

Hope we don't follow the chinese tend of 4 failures in 2 years.
Wow, I am sincerely saying this and you need to say this, last I heard India only did 6-7 launches per year and that too with all PSLVs and only one/two GSLV, the more you launch, the more risk you face. Btw, I am not gonna be so low and celebrate your failure. Failure is part of parcel of space launches.

Wow, I am sincerely saying this and you need to say this, last I heard India only did 6-7 launches per year and that too with all PSLVs and only one/two GSLV, the more you launch, the more risk you face. Btw, I am not gonna be so low and celebrate your failure. Failure is part of parcel of space launches.
Problems never come alone , they come in a bunch.
The failure is so stupid that it's unbelievable.
The fairing of the satellite failed to open , so weight was more and the launch altitude suffered.

A. S. Kiran Kumar, Chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation, confirmed the glitch in the clocks but clarified that the satellite was otherwise all right, and the rest of the satellites were performing its core function of providing accurate position, navigation and time. However, without its clocks, the IRNSS-1A “will give a coarse value. It will not be used for computation. Messages from it will still be used.”

The culprit:

8f2d175a1dcd10db15a3515a4fb98ee2-orig

If this were working, India would not have sent its back-up satellite that failed today.

This type is holding India's 225 million dollar NAV1C system hostage.

Last edited:
Better luck next time ISRO. Failures are the stepping stone to success.
Sorry to hear that, accidents and failures are part of space programs, China had the same failure for CZ-5 L2, find out the problem and solve it. Good luck.
:woot:
I....errr....umm....well..... Thank You.

Better luck next time ISRO. Failures are the stepping stone to success.

:woot:
I....errr....umm....well..... Thank You.
Han warrior has become very wise after the spate of failures chinese launches suffered.
We should all encourage him to stay on the straight and narrow.

The one in 1A was not developed by India. The glitch was also encountered in Galileo constellation due to atomic clock.

Did I say this?
Or, you are out to teach me some as my professor you newbie?

Stay away with your frivolous & flippant rants.

Han warrior has become very wise after the spate of failures chinese launches suffered.
We should all encourage him to stay on the straight and narrow.
I hope he shows the same level of maturity on other issues pertaining to India and China relations as well.

Back
Top Bottom