What's new

PSLV-C39 carrying navigation satellite IRNSS-1H failed

Deployed with heat shield

Hard luck , detailed analysis will reveal the issues

heat shield did not separate...
was a minor problem resulting into major failure...
I don't rule out sabotage

Emotionally charged Modi Bhakt on this news:

bad-smell-o.gif

While its apart of life for others. these things happen in any nation.
ISRO is still the pride of India.

So the satellite will fall back on Earth as the orbital maneuvering is not possible? What if the impact point is some populated area like Bangalore or Delhi? Will the heat shield evaporate during reentry or it will fall back as a ballistic projectile? What if government allows military to shoot it down with missile? So many questions...

Dont they make duplicates when producing satellites? So when will the replacement be launched?

Very sad indeed. Well failures are the key to success. Need to diagonise the shortfalls.

I am sure with ISRO,this particular mistake will not repeat in future.

Setback for private companies participation , though heat shield seperation is not under satellite mfg as such.
But since isro now cant afford anotger failure , it will do everything inhouse.

Actually it was a back up or standby satellite that went down, the one to replace the other ailing one with defective atomic clocks.

Something akin to Bermuda triangle mystery wherein a aircraft was missing, therefore the back up mission to trace it down was sent - and that went missing too.

Sorry to hear that, accidents and failures are part of space programs, China had the same failure for CZ-5 L2, find out the problem and solve it. Good luck.

Actually it was a back up or standby satellite that went down, the one to replace the other ailing one with defective atomic clocks.

Something akin to Bermuda triangle mystery wherein a aircraft was missing, therefore the back up mission to trace it down was sent - and that went missing too.
I think it was the Swiss clocks which failed, used on Beidou-1 too before we made our own indigenous version which was more accurate and reliable.

I think that was the Swiss clocks which failed, used on Beidou-1 too before we made our own indigenous version which was more accurate and reliable.

Correct.

India and China are making their own atomic clocks now.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom