What's new

Proud LAHORI at home in BOMBAY

Killing innocent people of their own state does not a good freedom fighter make.

Freedom fighters don't go about planting bombs in hotels, schools and public places. Freedom can be achieved by peaceful methods like making a party, representing the people of kashmir and proving that the majority supports the resolution of a free Kashmir. But no one tends to do it. Majority of politicians in Kashmir are Kashmiris. They never said they wanted Kashmir to separate from India.

Killing people is simply inhumane and unacceptable. These people are termed terrorists. According to me, they deserve something even worse. Ask someone who has lost a dear in these attacks and they will tell you how much freedom they want.

Please read my earlier post again:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/47582-proud-lahori-home-bombay-3.html#post678147

I only support them when they fight against Indian military targets. What you are describing are terrorist acts which should be condemned when committed by anyone.

The fact that all these countries refuse to recognize India's claims over Kashmir is an implicit endorsement of this freedom struggle.

Totally incorrect! Every country recognizes that Kashmir is a bilateral issue between India and Pakistan, and that means they have no opinion on the issue, even including China.

Asim supports murder of Indian soldiers by "Kashmiri separatists". For Pakistanis that term includes non-Kashmiri speaking infiltrators from Pakistan occupied Kashmir. It is probably flexible enough to include deranged individuals from Punjab as well.

Anybody who advocates the murder of Indian servicemen, anywhere, regardless of the circumstances, ought not be welcomed.

That is the least Indians can do to honour the widows and orphans of those who have sacrificed their lives.
I've already clearly stated what it means and thats all it means. You're welcome to not grant me a visa, but if ASKED thats pretty much the standard Pakistani position. It isn't the preferred position, since most sane people prefer peace. But what you're asking for isn't peace, its subjugation and thats where we return to the standard position.

So next time you go to Sweden please sign

I support gay marriages, gay adoption etc.

Next Time you go to USA please sign

I support Iraq war etc.

I think personal beliefs should be left out of such debates otherwise half the Indians will never be able to travel overseas!

Regards

nicely put...

I must say that a positive article was posted by Halaku but he has been foremost in ensuring only negative is taken out of it...confusing, but then i have seen worse.
However, if this be the people to people interaction then it shall be a long wait till we be drinking tea together.

To set the record straight there have been people in Pakistan on this very forum who have directly suffered in the terrorism that collectively eclipses anything India was subjected to in past few years.
Given that even one life lost is too much; but thousands upon thousands died in Pakistan in terrorist attacks.
Do not assume that people in Pakistan love terrorists...we hate this mindset of blowing innocents and hiding behind innocents in the name of religion...the entire nation of Pakistan and its armed forces have taken a unified stand against these terrorists at the cost of many lives.

Kashmir is disputed and Saeed is not our beloved, he denuonced his association with LET and JUD did participate in a lot of charity work, even if he is pretending (not at all proven) to be JUD and is actually LET, we need solid evidence.
THe high court dismissed GOP's request for further detention because he was detained as part of special law which was time limited till enough evidence was made available to convict him, the evidence was not at all concrete and he could not be implicated.
It is not that he is our hero and we love him for something like Mumbai which was a most cruel and tragic occurance...you belittle us if you think we support terrorism and love terrorists.
If enough evidence is gathered then believe me the Pakistani courts will not show any bias...and i will be 100% in support of the courts and the punishment.

Kashmir is a sensitive issue and there were and still are freedom fighters who fought the Indian Army alone mano on mano, on the other hand there are militants who may have other agenda and then there are terrorists who use conflict to establish their power base in any area with enough unrest.

I am half Kashmiri Half Punjabi and Sunnit to boot, if you are into these things. So maybe i am the most suspicious man for you if i enter India?
However my discourse with the Indian members would let you think otherwise...or maybe it wont.

Point is that do not paint everyone in the same colour and if one Lahori has written such a positive thing about a city in India...you should only have seen the positive, which is huge cause we Lahoris do not like any other place :)
The way some became emotionally negative clearly indicates that we really need to mature as neighbours and reciprocate a compliment or gift in similar manner.

Let us hope for better days to come...:cheers:

Last edited:
Actually I've qualified it further that PA or legitimate Kashmiri separatists should only kill Indian soldiers in Kashmir

1. PA or Kashmiri separatists should only do the Fighting
2. The Fighting must be against Indian Soldiers
3. The Indian soldiers must be stationed in Kashmir.

Why would I care if a German Bakery Dhaba is attacked. Its an unnecessary loss of life.

:)

In these custom made rules of engagement, if its a fight with our army, why only in kashmir? Do i sense something here... something like wanting to limit the 'surgical strikes' to pakistan occupied kashmir???

And by surgical strikes, don't go on about SU30MKIs, Brahmos etc, be realistic. There are bombs that are smarter than smart bombs.

However, if this be the people to people interaction then it shall be a long wait till we be drinking tea together.
Yes. One can't blow people up in the morning and expect to drink tea with their relatives in the evening.

To set the record straight there have been people in Pakistan on this very forum who have directly suffered in the terrorism that collectively eclipses anything India was subjected to in past few years.
Given that even one life lost is too much; but thousands upon thousands died in Pakistan in terrorist attacks.
Do not assume that people in Pakistan love terrorists...we hate this mindset of blowing innocents and hiding behind innocents in the name of religion...the entire nation of Pakistan and its armed forces have taken a unified stand against these terrorists at the cost of many lives.
You say the right things but you are in denial. Pakistan has an institutionalized policy of promoting extremism in schools and using non-state actors as strategic assets.

Kashmir is disputed and Saeed is not our beloved, he denuonced his association with LET and JUD did participate in a lot of charity work, even if he is pretending (not at all proven) to be JUD and is actually LET, we need solid evidence.
Some charity ... their conventions are full of deranged people screaming about Ghazwa and rivers of blood and brandishing all kinds of weapons. This is another example of your being in denial.

Solid evidence? The evidence is under you nose, if you want to see it. Some Pakistanis think that it is correct to continue lying until their lies have been exposed. That is how your government behaved in the case of Ajmal Kasab.

THe high court dismissed GOP's request for further detention because he was detained as part of special law which was time limited till enough evidence was made available to convict him, the evidence was not at all concrete and he could not be implicated.
It is not that he is our hero and we love him for something like Mumbai which was a most cruel and tragic occurance...you belittle us if you think we support terrorism and love terrorists.
If enough evidence is gathered then believe me the Pakistani courts will not show any bias...and i will be 100% in support of the courts and the punishment.
I do not expect Pakistani institutions to punish their own assets. It has never happened in the 62 years of your history. But I would be happy to be surprised on this.

Kashmir is a sensitive issue and there were and still are freedom fighters who fought the Indian Army alone mano on mano, on the other hand there are militants who may have other agenda and then there are terrorists who use conflict to establish their power base in any area with enough unrest.

I am half Kashmiri Half Punjabi and Sunnit to boot, if you are into these things. So maybe i am the most suspicious man for you if i enter India?
However my discourse with the Indian members would let you think otherwise...or maybe it wont.
As regards Kashmir, the only way forward is this: Ask your paid employees (Hurriyat conference) to contest elections and prove their legitimacy. Don't worry, we do not debar them like you debar the JKLF. If a legitimately elected government of J&K asks for a change in the constitutional status of J&K, I'm sure the GoI can discuss it with them.

Point is that do not paint everyone in the same colour and if one Lahori has written such a positive thing about a city in India...you should only have seen the positive, which is huge cause we Lahoris do not like any other place :)
The way some became emotionally negative clearly indicates that we really need to mature as neighbours and reciprocate a compliment or gift in similar manner.

I certainly do not paint everybody with the same colour, although there are some profiles that can be classified as high-risk. Despite being in denial, you are one of the saner voices.

Strictly speaking, the term 'terrorism' means the deliberate targetting of civilians.

[…]

The murders in Mumbai and Pune were terrorism; killing innocent Kashmiri civilans would be terrorism; fighting the Indian Army in Kashmir is not terrorism.
You have merely redefined the term ‘terrorism’ so that you can build an argument around it. Simply put ‘terrorism’ is what ‘terrorism’ does. It terrorizes people. Whether it is done by ‘deliberate targeting of civilians’ is another matter and is irrelevant if the goal of terrorism can be achieved without having to resort to such 'targeting'.

Explosives or grenades, set off in the middle of a crowded market or a thoroughfare, ostensibly to kill Indian Security forces, or using residential areas or civilian residence/establishments as vantage points to engage Indian security forces, will invariably kill, maim or otherwise injure innocent civilians. Kashmiris, who do not subscribe to the views and methods of the so called ‘freedom fighters’, are routinely threatened and killed, minorities are driven away from their lands. All these disrupt, curtail and halt civil life, ruin livelihood and the economy, destroys infrastructure, and have a cumulative effect of creating anguish and uncertainties within the society. That is the goal of terrorism and that is what has been achieved in Kashmir. Courtesy your ‘freedom fighters.’
If anything, it is the Indian Army's harassment, rape and murder of innocent Kashmiri civilians that can properly be termed as state-sponsored terrorism.
On the other side of the equation is your so called ‘freedom fighters’. Had there been no ‘freedom fighters’, there wouldn’t have been any Indian Army in Kashmir, in the first place. There wasn’t any so called ‘state sponsored terrorism’ in Kashmir before 1987. However, if you want to understand what ‘state sponsored’ terrorism can be, just look back at 1971.

Excuse me once again, no where have I condoned the killing of Indian citizens - by assumption Indian civilians.
The Indian security forces are not from Jupiter, in case you are wondering.
Indian army is a combatant directly violating Pakistani demands of Kashmiri liberation. It is OKAY to kill people in conflict with Pakistani demands.
In other words, and without going into the debate of whether Pakistan has any such right to demand, since Pakistanis are in ‘conflict’ with Indian demands, it is perhaps OKAY to turn the taps off in the Kashmir Valley and dry out Pakistan forever. And if you blow up the dams, as you have suggested in another thread, even then millions of tons of stored water will kill and displace millions of Pakistanis, ruining your economy and either way, making you utterly dependent on foreign aides and debts. I guess that is OKAY too, since hey, it is OKAY to ‘kill people in conflict’ with Indian demands. And imagine how all of these can be achieved without us having to fire a single shot.

It is not a surprise that you sound so much like a jehadi terrorist, trying to justify ‘killing’ of humans, just because your views are in 'conflict' with your opponent's point of view. It is however very sad.
We're ready for the debate of the right and wrongs as well, in fact also prefer it. But all venues are kept on the table. From our point of view Pakistan reserves the right to liberate Kashmir.
It is not a ‘debate’ neither is it a case of keeping ‘all venues on the table’ when the other party has already decided that its point of view is the only view possible. That ‘debate’ is merely a farce.
When your vengeance expands from combatants to non-combatants thats where the problem emerges and you're calling for an all out war. If you have any issues combat the PA in Kashmir, your vengeance expands to aiding suicide bombers of FATA who blow up schools of children, that's not legitimate.
First of all define ‘combatants’. Does the person who supplies and/or stores Kalashnikovs, or gives refuge to insurgents, or carries out recce, or supports insurgencies in any other way that helps carrying out terrorist activities, but doesn’t himself pull the trigger and kill, qualify as ‘combatant’?

Second of all that you have to resort to propaganda to make your argument illustrates that you have nothing further to say.

No I'm not, you haven't understood what I'm saying.
I got everything you said. And more.

Do clarify. People of Azad Kashmir do not speak Kashmiri. By your rules, is it OK for a resident of Azad Kashmir to infiltrate across the LoC to fight?
Who told you that bit of nonsense?

First of all my assertion also excludes AJK groups from conducting armed conflict against India. The AJK government has entrusted the responsibility upon Pakistan to liberate Kashmir. Hence only PA can go in from Pakistan's side to kill Indian soldiers in Kashmir.

However People fighting for their independence in Indian Held Kashmir have our full support.

The Indian security forces are not from Jupiter, in case you are wondering.[/quoite]
But Combatant Indians.

In other words, and without going into the debate of whether Pakistan has any such right to demand, since Pakistanis are in ‘conflict’ with Indian demands, it is perhaps OKAY to turn the taps off in the Kashmir Valley and dry out Pakistan forever.
You may try...

And if you blow up the dams, as you have suggested in another thread, even then millions of tons of stored water will kill and displace millions of Pakistanis, ruining your economy and either way, making you utterly dependent on foreign aides and debts.
What you're trying to talk me out of blowing up your dams? Let us worry about that, but if you turn the taps off, you know you're heading into nuclear war...

It is not a surprise that you sound so much like a jehadi terrorist, trying to justify ‘killing’ of humans, just because your views are in 'conflict' with your opponent's point of view. It is however very sad.
And you sound like a tyrant, too upset that the people of Pakistan are continuously pushing for the Liberation of Kashmir.

It is not a ‘debate’ neither is it a case of keeping ‘all venues on the table’ when the other party has already decided that its point of view is the only view possible. That ‘debate’ is merely a farce.
You have already convinced yourself of that, we're open to dialogue, if there's not going to be a dialog then there'd be other things. You're just throwing a tantrum.

First of all define ‘combatants’. Does the person who supplies and/or stores Kalashnikovs, or gives refuge to insurgents, or carries out recce, or supports insurgencies in any other way that helps carrying out terrorist activities, but doesn’t himself pull the trigger and kill, qualify as ‘combatant’?
Killing Indian soldiers occupying Kashmir is not a terrorist activity. It may be an act of war, but we're already at war. Since 1948.

I got everything you said. And more.
Anyway... So do I get a visa?

:)

In these custom made rules of engagement, if its a fight with our army, why only in kashmir? Do i sense something here... something like wanting to limit the 'surgical strikes' to pakistan occupied kashmir???

And by surgical strikes, don't go on about SU30MKIs, Brahmos etc, be realistic. There are bombs that are smarter than smart bombs.
We have no other conflict with India. Thats why we always condemn acts of terrorism in India even the loss of lives of Indian soldiers. But different rules apply to Kashmir.

I must say that a positive article was posted by Halaku but he has been foremost in ensuring only negative is taken out of it...confusing, but then i have seen worse.

I have to remind our Indian friends, that Hafiz Saeed was tried, illegally detained and then had to be released because neither the Indian government nor the Pakistani government had sufficient evidence linking him to the Mumbai attacks.

I must repeat what Justice Khosa said announcing his acquittal "In the name of terrorism we cannot brutalise the law". If you have evidence, present it, if you don't walk away.

India cannot provide hardcore evidence against schemers sitting in Pakistan, until they do some very sill mistake to leave any such proof. What I last read was that there are recorded audio conversations, but yes they are not sufficient to nail them in court. (However, India says it has provided concrete evidence to Pakistan.) But if Pakistan is serious about not letting terrorism emanating from its soil, it can offer help to India which is meaningful. The greatest tool is intelligence. Pakistan can provide intelligence about the named or possible suspects' finances, intelligence about their activities, intelligence about their whereabouts and the people they get into contact with. These can be highly effective ways to both nail them and prevent them from launching any further attacks.

But is that what Pakistan really wants to do? Would Pakistan want to get rid of their strategic assets? Why do they push Kashmir as an issue first, when clearly terrorism should be the foremost issue to build trust? The way I see it is that these terrorists are guns for Pakistan that it can hold against India and say, "Solve Kashmir the way we want or else we shoot!"

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom