Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Protesters give PTI team a hard time
ZULQERNAIN TAHIR
52e1d6a12c330.jpg

A view on the arrival of a delegation of PTI at the sit in protest by Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeen against Mastung incident outside Governor House in Lahore.Photo by Online
Published 2014-01-24 07:43:39
LAHORE: The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf leaders on Thursday faced embarrassment when the participants of the sit-in outside the Governor’s House did not allow them to join the protest for having “soft corner” for the Taliban.

A large number of people, including women and children, had camped outside the Governor’s House since 5pm on Wednesday under the umbrella of the Majlis Wahdatul Muslimeen (MWM) and Imamia Students Organisation to protest against the killing of Shia pilgrims in Balochistan’s Mastung district.

The participants were determined to continue with the protest till stern action against militants involved in the attacks is not initiated.

The charged participants seemed to have drawn a line between those having soft corner for the extremists and the ones who are against them.

As no one from the PML-N or the Punjab government bothered to express solidarity with the participants of the sit-in, the PTI leaders – Ejaz Chaudhry and Andleep Abbas – visited them.

However, the protesters asked the PTI leaders that they should better leave as “we don’t need sympathy from those who support the Taliban.” A group of the participants tried to convince others to let the PTI leaders sit with them but to no avail.

The same situation did not arise when the PPP leaders – Jehangir Badr and Manzoor Wattoo – reached there. “Bilawal Bhutto Zardari had given a message for you! We will not surrender before terrorists,” Wattoo told the participants.

“We demand that the PML-N government bring all assailants to justice,” he said.

On the other hand, the MWM leaders said they would not end the protest in Lahore till the relatives of those killed in Quetta ended the sit-in there.

The MWM leaders - Allama Ahmad Iqbal Rizvi, Allama Imtiaz Kazmi, Allama Syed Jaffer Mousavi, Allama Syed Mubarak Ali Mousavi, Allama Syed Husain Najfi, Allama Husnain Arif and Syed Asad Abbas Naqvi – also addressed the protesters. They demanded that the government launch a “targeted military operation” in Quetta to hunt down the terrorists.

The motorists in the provincial capital faced great inconvenience because of more than 30-hour sit-in on The Mall.

The participants, especially elderly women and children, showed no sign of withdrawal despite cold weather.

“Soon after coming from school I had a lunch and then my father brought me here. He told me that we have come here to register protest against the killing of innocent people in Quetta,” Komail Raza, a grade-III student, told Dawn at the sit-in.

“I would attend my school tomorrow though I will go to bed late. I think my presence may force the rulers to arrest the killers of the innocent people,” Komail said.

grossly misunderstood, goes on to show common sense in common people.

the LeJ is attacking Hazara community, not talibans. secondly only PTI demanded action against LeJ. and none else did.

thirdly, police baton charged in Karachi on protesters, the ppp's bilawal message was delivered in practicality !

lastly MWM apologized and said they had nothing to do with the misconduct.

such a small incident created by some unknown miscreants will not deter PTI from its support to Hazara and Shia community.

Today PTI has organized a protest in D-chowk Islamabad against killing of Hazara community !

In other words , Protestors ne PTI ke MNA or workers ko Beizzat kr ke kata diya :omghaha::omghaha:

grossly misunderstood, goes on to show common sense in common people.

the LeJ is attacking Hazara community, not talibans. secondly only PTI demanded action against LeJ. and none else did.

thirdly, police baton charged in Karachi on protesters, the ppp's bilawal message was delivered in practicality !

lastly MWM apologized and said they had nothing to do with the misconduct.

such a small incident created by some unknown miscreants will not deter PTI from its support to Hazara and Shia community.

Today PTI has organized a protest in D-chowk Islamabad against killing of Hazara community !

Everybody did. But PTI's sympathies for the peace process regardless of whether the Taliban are interested or not paint them as sympathizers of those who kill innocents. Hence the popularity of the party with people who are affected by terrorism has plummeted.

Everybody did. But PTI's sympathies for the peace process regardless of whether the Taliban are interested or not paint them as sympathizers of those who kill innocents. Hence the popularity of the party with people who are affected by terrorism has plummeted.

There's a price all must pay for playing politics in different regions with different mindsets . At some point , Imran Khan will realize that reactionary ideas aren't really a good thing or something that can keep the party's popularity graph up in the long term - whether that will be on time or when we pass the point of no return is another matter entirely , of course .

There's a price all must pay for playing politics in different regions with different mindsets . At some point , Imran Khan will realize that reactionary ideas aren't really a good thing or something that can keep the party's popularity graph up in the long term - whether that will be on time or when we pass the point of no return is another matter entirely , of course .

That's because the rest of the party's plans have slammed to a halt. It is failing to deliver in the overly optimistic time frame it promised in KPK.. and in other constituencies is a lame duck due to lack of understanding of how government machinery runs in this country.
When that happens.. much like a kids game.. when you start losing.. you start whining and do antics like take the ball or bat away.

Yesterday by election results shows otherwise where pti has doubled there lead with the grace of God Almighty from 2500 votes to 5000 votes margin as compared to previous election victory of pti on this same seat

In punjab it is pmln and pti and no other party comes close

The protestors of MWM clashed with one another on the issue of letting pti sit with them

MWM supported pti and Imran khan is the only leader who named Lej and condemned them on 13 Feb 2013 shia killings and now

so ptis stance for talks is not new and is from past many years

All parties gave mandate to pmln for talks and not just pti

today action is being taken against Lej in Baluchistan where pti is not in power

similarly pmln federal government controls FATA so if someone demands action go complain to pmln

Last edited:
The protestors of MWM clashed with one another on the issue of letting pti sit with them

There were no clashes, some tried to get PTI to join the protest. Here is a report on what happened.
the protesters asked the PTI leaders that they should better leave as “we don’t need sympathy from those who support the Taliban.” A group of the participants tried to convince others to let the PTI leaders sit with them but to no avail.
Protesters give PTI team a hard time - DAWN.COM

Apart from PTI's OWN mouthpieces.. no one else concurs with that. Certainly not the electronic and paper press.

That's because the rest of the party's plans have slammed to a halt. It is failing to deliver in the overly optimistic time frame it promised in KPK.. and in other constituencies is a lame duck due to lack of understanding of how government machinery runs in this country.
When that happens.. much like a kids game.. when you start losing.. you start whining and do antics like take the ball or bat away.

The driving seat , my friend . Changes everything , its one thing to sit behind and scold the driver , another to take the wheel and try it yourself . PTI promised too much in too little time , almost idealistic I would say and well now their performance isn't upto par , with the promises they made and won the elections on . The protest politics can take you that far and the reactionary ideas though might be popular in a certain part of Pakistan , it just wouldn't be true for the other . The real world is supposed to be different than dream land .

There were no clashes, some tried to get PTI to join the protest. Here is a report on what happened.

Protesters give PTI team a hard time - DAWN.COM

Apart from PTI's OWN mouthpieces.. no one else concurs with that. Certainly not the electronic and paper press.

I have seen the news on television my self

A group clashed with pti and other sided with pti to let them sit

PTI has been to every protest of MWM ever and they had always sided with talks such incident did not happen before

I have posted Arif Alwis tweet where MWM leader apologized from him

here is it again

Dr. Arif Alvi ‏Pti Twitter

Dr. Arif Alvi ‏@ArifAlvi Jan 23

MWM leadership Mr Nasir Shirazi has talked to me & apologised for what happened in Lahore. I ask PTI 2 remain patient these r testing times

2:58 AM - 23 Jan 2014

MWM anger is completely justified

PTI fits in to the example that Hussain (r.a ) bhi khush aur yazeed bhi khush, Buzdil khan kis ka naam hai? dehshat gardon ka jo yaar hai ghaddar hai ghaddar hai.

Errr... same mistake repeated, taliban are not in the equation here. its LeJ killing Hazara people. its bloody sectarian. otherwise, taliban have killed more sunnis than shia.

secondly, those who are directly effected by terrorism, are enraged people, they are not in a position to see Pakistan's national interest. had it been eye for an eye thing, the mqm terrorists would be no more on the face of this planet and we probably would still be fighting with India over 1947 massacre of muslims. hence let sanity prevail, not emotions, for the sake of our country !

Errr... same mistake repeated, taliban are not in the equation here. its LeJ killing Hazara people. its bloody sectarian. otherwise, taliban have killed more sunnis than shia.

secondly, those who are directly effected by terrorism, are enraged people, they are not in a position to see Pakistan's national interest. had it been eye for an eye thing, the mqm terrorists would be no more on the face of this planet and we probably would still be fighting with India over 1947 massacre of muslims. hence let sanity prevail, not emotions, for the sake of our country !

Hence, only the killing with sectarian ideals gets PTI attention and not killing generally? nice party ideology. And the Taliban connection is from the MWM.

What an ironic statement. People who have lost the most should not be listened to?? Hence, they should just shut up and lose more until those who are in a position of comfort decide their fate?

And it has been an eye for an eye thing. Only the MQM criminal element is being targeted currently in Karachi as it is the rule of those that were oppressed by the MQM. And you are still in a de facto state of cold war with the Indians and repeatedly preach the 47 massacre in school books to further hatred.

So .. nope.. there is no evidence of "sanity" prevailing.

Back
Top Bottom