What's new

Protest against Malala in Swat

If I were a student there I would protest too. Such a naming might make the college a target.

That would be my reason, not sure what reasons those students have. I do not read Urdu, would appreciate if someone could tell me.

Your reason is right, and students were protesting for the same act which could make them vulnerable. Remember, Malala is still on hit-list of taliban.

There was no need to rename the college as Malala. Malala is an icon in her own right, but that doesnt mean everything should be named after her.
If the college students accept the change of name, then fine, or else, maintain status quo.
It seems the politicians of pakistan are using her name for political purpose.

Pakistan army should follow japanese ww2 strategy vs taliban.Three alls.Kill all,burn all,destroy all.Only then these scum will be exterminated.Otherwise they will do classic guerilla warfare and keep bleeding pak army which fights with one arm behind its back trying to protect civilians but getting worn down.

Your reason is right, and students were protesting for the same act which could make them vulnerable. Remember, Malala is still on hit-list of taliban.

They are not fighting cos their coll might become the hit list of some bloody org.
They fear the college might become a tool for politicians who will use the college changing names for their political purposes .

They are not fighting cos their coll might become the hit list of some bloody org.
They fear the college might become a tool for politicians who will use the college changing names for their political purposes .

Though what you quoted in itself is a reason of general concern of the public, but here the most valid reason was the one which was quoted by @fateh71 and it also proves from the voices of students of the same college, ref below link:

Students at

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Malala issue has been taken up by Western media and governments and this does not go well with the people of Pakistan. This is where the innocent girl is seen as some agent of a western propaganda scheme.

I think her parents must prevent her from being used by anyone as a propaganda prop.

Try to understand this and dont attack me for saying what many in Pakistan think.

Back
Top Bottom