What's new

Prospect of rock and metal in India

nForce

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
I am very much into music.I like listening to metal and rock to some extent.I play the lead guitar as well.

Until lately,many internally acclaimed bands,guitar players have visited India.Bands like Korn,Metallica,Megadeth,Slayer,Children of Bodom(The Megadeth concert is today in New Delhi),Poets of the Fall and many more have come to perform in India.
We have good bands here in our subcontinent as well.Perhaps the most famous of them was Junoon from Pakistan.There are Indian metal bands like Demonic Resurrection,and then rock bands that perform primarily in vernaculars like Fossils.

Agree with me or not,the most populoar form of music here in the subcontinent is typical bollywood music.I am interested in discussing the prospect of genres related to metal and rock in the subcontinent.Do let us know if you know about any particular local band and post their music/video.

A tragedy befallen- By Demonic Resurrection(A metal band from Mumbai)

Last edited by a moderator:
The music scene in india defers from region to region... The west and north are more into bollywood and pop, south and and northeast including westbengal are more into rock and metal.

The music scene in india defers from region to region... The west and north are more into bollywood and pop, south and and northeast including westbengal are more into rock and metal.

talking about the scenario of metal,since I am more into that..it is very much distributed and more common among the younger generation. There are enthusiasts present across all over India,but we lack a bigger platform here.In this sub continent,music sells in form of sequences in the movies,and less in the form of separate music albums,which gives bollywood music a wide appeal and boost.
But then music fans are present all over.Back in 2008,I went to the Megadeth concert,and people came from all over the country and even some from the neighbouring countries.Last year,in the Metallica concert,it was the same thing.

I do feel that these genres are quite popular among the younger generation,just we lack platform and coverage.It is not necessarily confined to regions.We have quite a few bands from Mumbai,Indore and Bangalore.
And I am not just talking about India,what is the scenario in other countries.

Junoon was a big success,but after its breakup,I have not heard much about any other such band from Pakistan.Is sufi-rock dying in Pakistan ?

Junoon performing Khudi-live

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom