What's new

First all-girl rock band from UAE!

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Dhaka, May 23 (Priyo.com): Meet the first all girls rock band from United Arab Emirates! This is a band consisting five girls from the country. They are random stars: the first Emirati all-girl rock band.

girl-300.jpg

One of the band members student Bushra Hassan Al Hashimi, 22, who plays rhythm guitar said that according to them Rock 'n' Roll is awesome. Also told, "We are the first girls from the UAE (United Arad Emirates) who play electric guitars as a band. It takes us away from the stress of homework and other college stuff - we play some music and we work on our songs. I've always liked rock `n` roll."

All the band members are the student of Higher Colleges of Technology at Al Ain and were brought together by English teacher Jackie Small from the UK. The band was formed last year.

The English teacher Jackie Small told, "I`ve always started bands wherever I`ve gone. I used to do that in the UK. When I started teaching here there were clubs so I thought I`d start a music club, but there was already one. So I decided to do a guitar club and there were a few people interested. I had in my mind a band so I got a drum kit and taught someone to play the drums, and I got a bass and taught them to play that."

The band members inspired by classics such as Smoke on the Water and less rocky material such as the Jack Jones` 60s classic Baby, I`m Yours etc.

Lead guitarist Hamda Al Ghaithi, 22 told, "I played piano and guitar for two years and studied in an academic way, I met Ms Small and she told me about how the girls wanted to play and make a band. At first I didn`t like rock because I was studying classical guitar, but I prefer rock guitar now. I hope after I finish studying here that I will study music and play classical piano."

The other band members are bass player Aysha Salem Al Kaabi(20) who is studying IT and multimedia, drummer Aysha Abdullah Al Maskari(21) who is taking the same subjects, and keyboard player Almayasa Al Kaabi(22) who is studying IT.

About the band's future plan teacher Jackie Small informed, "In September they`re going to work on their own songs."

source: First all-girl rock band from UAE! | Priyo News

Why are they not being banned? The self styled mullahs did so in Kashmir a few months ago when a girl band was lambasted and disbanded, insisting that it is against Islam and even issued a fatwa against the girls. Are there different sets of rules?

Why are they not being banned? The self styled mullahs did so in Kashmir a few months ago when a girl band was lambasted and disbanded, insisting that it is against Islam and even issued a fatwa against the girls. Are there different sets of rules?

UAE is not Kashmir and Vice versa .

Back
Top Bottom