What's new

Proposed new provinces for Pakistan, "need of the hour"?

I agree with what he says especially about making Karachi into a province.

creating new provinces speacialy in punjab will be a great step

I agree with what he says especially about making Karachi into a province.

MQM opposed it, I wonder why... shehbaz was answering why talk of dividing punjab only. so he didnt suggest anything actually.

anyhow if Administratively it is required to have smaller administrative units, well and good, otherwise I prefer federally administrative system, with performance based reward system ofcourse.

pakistani qaum hamesha nikammi baatoon per hi lartii rahay gii. Kanhi kaam ki baat nahi karain gay yeh loog.
Now is tne time to huddle together and find a quick and long lasting solution for loadshedding,gas shortage,inflation,but no,they will fight on who will be the supreme court judge. And how to make new provices. Stupids

I think Baluchistan should be divided because that would probably break their protested concept of Independent Baluchistan.

DERA GHAZI KHAN: Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif on Sunday said that PML-N will support the idea of establishing new provinces in the country, DawnNews reported.

While speaking in Dera Ghazi Khan, Sharif said that terrorism has increased due to the lack of education in the country. He said that the people living in Waziristan were a part of our country too and the drone attacks in those areas were only adding to the growing terrorism.

While answering a question regarding new provinces, Sharif said that his party would support the idea of creating new provinces in the country, including Karachi.

PML-N will support the idea of new provinces: Shahbaz Sharif | Provinces | DAWN.COM

ANP, MQM, PPP reject Shahbaz’s statement on provinces​

KARACHI: In response to the Punjab CM’s statements on Sunday, PPP, MQM and ANP said that they will not accept the distribution of Sindh, DawnNews reported.

Earlier, Shahbaz Sharif had stated that PML-N would support the idea of creating new provinces in Pakistan, including the establishment of Karachi as a separate province.

Sindh’s PPP minister Agha Siraj Durrani said that they will never allow the break-up of the province, while an MQM spokesman said that they will support the public if it wishes to create new provinces, however, MQM will not let Sindh be distributed under any circumstances.

An ANP spokesman from Sindh said that Sharif’s statement regarding the distribution of Sindh has greatly disappointed the people of this province.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/04/24/anp-mqm-ppp-reject-shahbaz’s-statement-on-provinces.html

New provinces are needed in Sindh: Shahbaz Sharif​

LAHORE: Chief Minister Punjab, Shahbaz Sharif said on Sunday that new provinces were not only needed in Punjab, but were are also needed in Sindh. He said Karachi should also be made into a small province.

The Punjab Cheif Minister made this comment while talking to the media during his visit to Dera Ghazi Khan.
His statement comes against the backdrop of Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani’s recent demand for a Seraiki province in the PPP manifesto.
Reactions

ANP and MQM rejected the division of Sindh proposed by CM Punjab saying that this statement is an effort to play down the demands of Seraiki province in Punjab.

Secretary general ANP, Sindh Bashir Jaan said that only Sindhi people have the right to demand the formation of new provinces. He said the Seraiki area has never been part of Punjab and its people have the right to demand a new province. He added that the people of Hazara Division also have the right to demand a new province.

Member of MQM coordination committee in Karachi, Qasim Ali Raza said that the people of Sindh and Karachi have never demanded division of the province. However in Punjab thousands of people are demanding new provinces.

New provinces are needed in Sindh: Shahbaz Sharif – The Express Tribune

making provinces like north east pakistan south east south west more like states not along ethnic lines can be a good idea as long as we become more united as a nation after that i can be a great postive step.

well done shabaz sharif

just see how mqm and anp are crying over Karachi. lolz politicians want new provinces just for power

MQM opposed it, I wonder why... shehbaz was answering why talk of dividing punjab only. so he didnt suggest anything actually.

All politics. If Karachi becomes its own province then MQM might lose influence in other parts of Sindh. Similarly if Punjab is broken up then PML-N will also lose influence in some parts.

All politics. If Karachi becomes its own province then MQM might lose influence in other parts of Sindh. Similarly if Punjab is broken up then PML-N will also lose influence in some parts.

if I m not mistaken it was MQM who last year gave the idea of autonomous Karachi on lines of mascow, mumbai, and london. forgot the exact term.

------------

I think we should first make new provinces out of Balochistan, Sindh, and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and then Punjab :D

Balochistan is a must. Such a huge province in land mass with such a tiny population, and is the most backwards province of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom