What's new

Promise of Pakistan Geography, 1950

Norwegian

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
This historical film from the CIA Film Library examines the history and geography of Pakistan, explores it as a Muslim state, and looks at its industry and agriculture. This historical recording from the National Archives may contain variations in audio and video quality based on the limitations of the original source material.

So, what went wrong with this beautiful nation of Pakistan since 1950? Don't blame it on usual suspects such as Imran Khan, Tahir-ul-Qadri, Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif as these were either babies or not even born in 1950! :D

@A.Rafay @Ahmad1996 @airmarshal @Akheilos @Armstrong @arushbhai @AstanoshKhan @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @balixd @batmannow @Bilal. @Bratva @chauvunist @Crypto @Dr. Stranglove @Evil Flare @EyanKhan @Fahad Khan 2 @GIANTsasquatch @graphican @Green Arrow @Guleen Ahmed @HRK @Jazzbot @Junaid B @Jzaib @Khalidr @khawaja07 @KURUMAYA @Leader @Luftwaffe @Marshmallow @mr42O @Muhammad Omar @nomi007 @Pak123 @Pakistani shaheens @Pakistanisage @pak-marine @Peaceful Civilian @pkuser2k12 @Pukhtoon @PWFI @raazh @Rafael @Rashid Mahmood @RescueRanger @Saifkhan12 @Sedqal @SHAMK9 @Spy Master @Stealth @Strike X @SUPARCO @sur @syedali73 @Tameem @TankMan @Tayyab1796 @Zarvan @waleed3601 @AdeelFaheem @Rajput_Pakistani @Men in Green @orakzai4u @IceCold @S.U.R.B. @LoveIcon @razahassan1997 @Cheetah786 @Donatello
@SBD-3 @cb4 @AsianUnion @Aether @xyxmt @Proudpakistaniguy @WishLivePak @Waffen SS @FaujHistorian @Fracker @Major Sam @Ranches @ghoul @Jf Thunder @GreenFalcon @genmirajborgza786 @orangzaib @Pakistani Exile @KURUMAYA @Irfan Baloch @ali_raza @Syed.Ali.Haider @dexter @Patriots @muslim_pakistani @W.11 @Meengla

So, what went wrong with this beautiful nation of Pakistan since 1950? Don't blame it on usual suspects such as Imran Khan, Tahir-ul-Qadri, Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif as these were either babies or not even born in 1950! :D

Short answer: Everything.

This historical film from the CIA Film Library examines the history and geography of Pakistan, explores it as a Muslim state, and looks at its industry and agriculture. This historical recording from the National Archives may contain variations in audio and video quality based on the limitations of the original source material.

@A.Rafay @Ahmad1996 @airmarshal @Akheilos @Armstrong @arushbhai @AstanoshKhan @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @balixd @batmannow @Bilal. @Bratva @chauvunist @Crypto @Dr. Stranglove @Evil Flare @EyanKhan @Fahad Khan 2 @GIANTsasquatch @graphican @Green Arrow @Guleen Ahmed @HRK @Jazzbot @Junaid B @Jzaib @Khalidr @khawaja07 @KURUMAYA @Leader @Luftwaffe @Marshmallow @mr42O @Muhammad Omar @nomi007 @Pak123 @Pakistani shaheens @Pakistanisage @pak-marine @Peaceful Civilian @pkuser2k12 @Pukhtoon @PWFI @raazh @Rafael @Rashid Mahmood @RescueRanger @Saifkhan12 @Sedqal @SHAMK9 @Spy Master @Stealth @Strike X @SUPARCO @sur @syedali73 @Tameem @TankMan @Tayyab1796 @Zarvan @waleed3601 @AdeelFaheem @Rajput_Pakistani @Men in Green @orakzai4u @IceCold @S.U.R.B. @LoveIcon @razahassan1997 @Cheetah786 @Donatello
@SBD-3 @cb4 @AsianUnion @Aether @xyxmt @Proudpakistaniguy @WishLivePak @Waffen SS @FaujHistorian @Fracker @Major Sam @Ranches @ghoul @Jf Thunder @GreenFalcon @genmirajborgza786 @orangzaib @Pakistani Exile @KURUMAYA @Irfan Baloch @ali_raza @Syed.Ali.Haider @dexter @Patriots @muslim_pakistani @W.11 @Meengla

Overpopulation, politics, gradual retirement of generation of people trained by British in Civil services. That's about it.

Otherwise the nation itself, the soil, the breeze, the rivers, the mountains are as beautiful as they were on day 1, 1947.

Well they found out the part in red and found out ways to make it work for them ....you know national interest even if it is at the expense of a great nation and the bakwas ghareeb (coz they dont pay tax) elite we were cursed with helped them make it happen :coffee:

Nothing went wrong,we are a new nation and into nation building,it takes centuries for countries to establish infact we have already left many countries behind with establishment beyond many centuries

from 1 University and a defunct Cement factory with a literacy rate of only 11% in 1947 to a trillion dollars GDP followed by a established democracy in 2047 won't be a bad performance.

I agree potential is more,but again every nation has to pass through worse

Remember the narrator explicitly mentions Pakistan's net trade surplus with hard currency nations. I read Pakistan once gave loans to struggling West Germany. I just wanna know how and when we became a deficit nation of beggars? Any elder pdf member can explain?

From what I have heard (I cannot reveal the source, but is a reputed Pakistani), right at the beginning (1949-50) the politicians started using the Army to exert their power over their competitors. Some ways were so crude, that many times army men were accused of ganging up on politicians (at the behest of rivals) and thrashing them in the most indignified ways. This lead to belief in the Army Generals that they were much better than any politicians (esp those who got thrashed by the army men) to lead the country. (This is not the sole reason, but one of the main, though subtle, reasons why PA has such confidence over the politicians)

Rein of the nation changed hands and soon the Army, instead of the Parliament that housed elected politicians, became the most powerful institution. But the Army was not equipped well enough to defend the country from India, yet it took to multitasking of governing the county while defending it as well. Although it failed in its duties time and again, it always, and very skillfully, managed to keep its power from diluting. The process of this sustenance of power at Rawalpindi would be too bitter for many Pakistanis, but well, it has become quite a case study now.

Many of those educated in the West would know what I am talking about.

Remember the narrator explicitly mentions Pakistan's net trade surplus with hard currency nations. I read Pakistan once gave loans to struggling West Germany. I just wanna know how and when we became a deficit nation of beggars? Any elder pdf member can explain?
When people start munching on us :coffee:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it was ZAB who began corrupting Pakistan. That was time political appointments began taking place and our economy's growth kept going down by the day. So yeah democracy is to blame but I believe Ziaul Haq is the main perpetrator in the destruction of Pakistan.

But the Army was not equipped well enough to defend the country from India, yet it took to multitasking of governing the county while defending it as well. Although it failed in its duties time and again
Our economy was growing at 10% in the 1960s, PIA, PTV and all other state institutions were well regarded, profit making entities and not a burden on the kitty as they are today but most importantly of all, we didn't have political appointments back then, which means there was (or might have been idk) minimum corruption. Also, Ayub Khan was an extremely capable man.

[/USER]

Jinnahs Pakistan was lost on when jinnahs murder

Back
Top Bottom