What's new

‘Project Malala’: The CIA’s Socio-Psychological Intelligence Operation

Pakistani Taliban commander wishes Malala attack never happened
Pakistani Taliban commander wishes Malala attack never happened - DAWN.COM
AGENCIES and DAWN.COM

Updated
2013-07-18 02:36:52

PESHAWAR: A Pakistani Taliban commander has written a letter to Malala Yousafzai, the teenage girl activist shot in the head by the group, saying he wished he could have advised her against criticising the banned outfit so she wouldn't be attacked.

The commander, Adnan Rashid, however did not apologise for the unsuccessful assassination attempt, but only he found it ''shocking'' and wished it hadn't happened.

Rashid, who is known to have has close relations with top Taliban leaders, said the letter expressed his own opinion, not that of the militant group.

Adnan Rashid was the prime convict in an attack on former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf and was freed by Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) fighters during the Bannu Jail break last year.

A former junior technician of Pakistan Air Force, Rashid was a resident of Chota Lahor area of Swabi district. He is fluent in English, Pashto and Urdu. He used to contribute to several social networking sites including Blogs and Facebook from the prison. He had joined PAF in 1997. He was around 24 when he was arrested in early 2004.

Gunmen from the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan shot Malala, now 16, in the head last October in her northwestern hometown of Swat, where she campaigned for the rights of girls to go to school.

The attack on Malala, who was 15 years old at the time, had sparked widespread international condemnation of the militant group.

Malala made a powerful speech to the UN Youth Assembly on Friday, in her first public appearance since the attempt on her life which almost killed her, vowing to continue her struggle for education and not be silenced by the militants.

In the open letter released Wednesday, Rashid said he personally wished the attack had not happened, but accused her of running a “smearing campaign” against the militants.

“It is amazing that you are shouting for education, you and the UNO (UN) is pretending that you were shot due to education, although this is not the reason ... not the education but your propaganda was the issue,” Rashid wrote.

“What you are doing now, you are using your tongue on the behest of the others.”

He accused Malala of seeking to promote an education system begun by the British colonialists to produce “Asians in blood but English in taste” and said students should study Islam and not what he called “satanic or secular curriculum.”

“I advise you to come back home, adopt the Islamic and Pashtun culture, join any female Islamic madrassa near your home town, study and learn the book of Allah, use your pen for Islam and plight of Muslim ummah (community),” Rashid wrote

[

Its not about jealousy...I have many other things to be jealous about and least of that is a Pakistani girl. I am simply viewing it from a different angle - you see everything is not what it seems at the outset and also not a usual conspiracy theorist but her case has surely got me thinking of how to go about doing a lot of things specially in the PR busiess. Just that the western media does it on a large scale employing all of their outlets and agencies which i can employ on a micro scale - the first order of business being have all the required people lined up and in sync.

Indeed there could be is and might be or will be another side to it BUT i feel that even whatever agenda of the foreigners or anyone atleast all this has brought women education in my part of the world to limelight.

Everyone is talking about it, everyone be it half heartedly or wholeheartedly promising to work for education of females.

Lols! Lols!
Wth!

This guy serious?

I can't even bring myself to respond to this, I'm laughing so hard

He has a point nothing to laugh but this is also a reality that Malala's episode has encouraged girls to stand up for their education.

Alot is going on.

God Bless Malala and those who had been struggling for even own education.

Swat is an area in Pakistan which had a higher literacy rate even before joining Pakistan.

Swat is an area which under a nizam or wali had Co-education even before joining Pakistan.

Isn't it too obvious? Democracy has nothing to with this incident... a week ago, lots of the people march to tribal region against drone attack.. and when this incident happen, everyone start arguing that Drones should continue... change the air direction..

I second this opinion....She seemed to have given a thumbs up to drone strikes that they are liberating them....Seriously, I cant respect one who allows OTHER CHILDREN to be killed by drones!

Either it was the package @Aeronaut was talking about that she show drones as liberators! or she did that and became famous! Since then I was totally disgusted with this girl!!

Even her 1st few speeches were crying out loud about how oppressed they are due to the talibans and how the West is helping!

Maybe she just gave the wrong message and is too shy to admit her fault and is just going with the fame flow....whatever the case, I do not really accept her until and unless some good comes out of her travelling around! So far we are still attacked by drones, in fact more frequent than before, our education sector is still a mess and Edhi is still not recognized though he gave his FULL LIFE in charity while this once shot girl has reached UN recognition! :blink: It is FISHY

Last edited by a moderator:

I sure will do that. But this is not the first time that this HAARP Tale has surfaced on PDF!
Thanks to PDF; I've managed to keep abreast of such Fairy Tales.
But one thing still eludes me; why is only HAARP being used to create such music the world over? Why not TRUMPET, or SEXOPHONE Or VIOLA? Better still why not an entire Philharmonic Orchaestra? So that we could spin a multitude of Fairy Tales around each one of them?

Anyway; goD bless some posters on PDF who have the ability to find such "interesting" bits of news!

I sure will do that. But this is not the first time that this HAARP Tale has surfaced on PDF!
Thanks to PDF; I've managed to keep abreast of such Fairy Tales.
But one thing still eludes me; why is only HAARP being used to create such music the world over? Why not TRUMPET, or SEXOPHONE Or VIOLA? Better still why not an entire Philharmonic Orchaestra? So that we could spin a multitude of Fairy Tales around each one of them?

Anyway; goD bless some posters on PDF who have the ability to find such "interesting" bits of news!

I agree, with the observation that we are only a conductor short of a full orchestra and chorus here, already.

I second this opinion....She seemed to have given a thumbs up to drone strikes that they are liberating them....Seriously, I cant respect one who allows OTHER CHILDREN to be killed by drones!

Either it was the package @Aeronaut was talking about that she show drones as liberators! or she did that and became famous! Since then I was totally disgusted with this girl!!

Even her 1st few speeches were crying out loud about how oppressed they are due to the talibans and how the West is helping!

Maybe she just gave the wrong message and is too shy to admit her fault and is just going with the fame flow....whatever the case, I do not really accept her until and unless some good comes out of her travelling around! So far we are still attacked by drones, in fact more frequent than before, our education sector is still a mess and Edhi is still not recognized though he gave his FULL LIFE in charity while this once shot girl has reached UN recognition! :blink: It is FISHY

Whom , do you think , really gave the permission for drone strikes in Pakistan and why ? The Govt of Pakistan did , it was given to put all the blame on the already maligned ISAF * makes no difference to them since the American public obviously supports it * and avoid the public backlash whilst in the meantime , fighting a war at a place and against militants , we cant afford to engage directly and by ourselves this time . Now , the ' collateral damage ' is a harsh reality of this asymmetrical warfare . Do you think that somehow , it doesn't happen at all , when the Pakistan Army launches operation in militant infested areas ? Nay . They happen . I , do not personally , support this drone attacks campaign but there's no one to deny that they haven't been helpful in getting rid of key Taliban leaders .

I do not remember reading/hearing a single speech of her , in which she supported the drone strikes . Everywhere she goes , she talks about education and education only , something that was denied to her by the extremists . I see no wrong and I see no reason , why people should involve the ' conspiracy theories ' in this . So , how did she become famous ? Am I again about to hear the ' CIA/NGO's groomed her and then asked her to shoot herself in the head ' theory or will it be the classic ' her wounds were nothing close to being serious ' this time ?

Believe it or not , keep considering Taliban as saviors , but the reality is that people are oppressed by these medieval barbarians in their controlled areas - denied their basic rights and their freedom intruded upon , let there be no doubt . What can West achieve in Pakistan with a little girl , which they haven't since 60 years in the country with full support of political and military leadership ? :azn:

Maybe , again , we are complicating the whole matter for no reason whatsoever :) Something good ? Funds are already flowing in Pakistan for promotion of education in backward areas as well as opening the eyes of Pakistanis to see where and who the real enemy is . The UN specially created a fund in her name . The brave little girl is an inspiration to millions of Pakistani children who aren't enrolled in schools and for those parents who do not educate their children , a symbol of standing tall against all odds , a symbol of choosing wisdom over oppression . We will continue being attacked by drone , for it has nothing to do with her . She neither operates the drones nor gave the approval . You want the West to fix the entire education system of Pakistan which is well FUBAR due to feudal lords and now extremists ? Just like the people who towards the GCC and China for solution of their problems whilst doing nothing by themselves . Good luck ! Once shot ? She was nearly dead , the Govt of Pakistan doesn't send people for medical treatment outside for no reason . Everything's fishy when paranoia becomes a normal state of mind and admitting failures becomes difficult than believing in conspiracy theories/total denial .

Whom , do you think , really gave the permission for drone strikes in Pakistan and why ? The Govt of Pakistan did , it was given to put all the blame on the already maligned ISAF * makes no difference to them since the American public obviously supports it * and avoid the public backlash whilst in the meantime , fighting a war at a place and against militants , we cant afford to engage directly and by ourselves this time . Now , the ' collateral damage ' is a harsh reality of this asymmetrical warfare . Do you think that somehow , it doesn't happen at all , when the Pakistan Army launches operation in militant infested areas ? Nay . They happen . I , do not personally , support this drone attacks campaign but there's no one to deny that they haven't been helpful in getting rid of key Taliban leaders .

I do not remember reading/hearing a single speech of her , in which she supported the drone strikes . Everywhere she goes , she talks about education and education only , something that was denied to her by the extremists . I see no wrong and I see no reason , why people should involve the ' conspiracy theories ' in this . So , how did she become famous ? Am I again about to hear the ' CIA/NGO's groomed her and then asked her to shoot herself in the head ' theory or will it be the classic ' her wounds were nothing close to being serious ' this time ?

Believe it or not , keep considering Taliban as saviors , but the reality is that people are oppressed by these medieval barbarians in their controlled areas - denied their basic rights and their freedom intruded upon , let there be no doubt . What can West achieve in Pakistan with a little girl , which they haven't since 60 years in the country with full support of political and military leadership ? :azn:

Maybe , again , we are complicating the whole matter for no reason whatsoever :) Something good ? Funds are already flowing in Pakistan for promotion of education in backward areas as well as opening the eyes of Pakistanis to see where and who the real enemy is . The UN specially created a fund in her name . The brave little girl is an inspiration to millions of Pakistani children who aren't enrolled in schools and for those parents who do not educate their children , a symbol of standing tall against all odds , a symbol of choosing wisdom over oppression . We will continue being attacked by drone , for it has nothing to do with her . She neither operates the drones nor gave the approval . You want the West to fix the entire education system of Pakistan which is well FUBAR due to feudal lords and now extremists ? Just like the people who towards the GCC and China for solution of their problems whilst doing nothing by themselves . Good luck ! Once shot ? She was nearly dead , the Govt of Pakistan doesn't send people for medical treatment outside for no reason . Everything's fishy when paranoia becomes a normal state of mind and admitting failures becomes difficult than believing in conspiracy theories/total denial .

Long post...I NEVER said the talibana as the savior....Nor do I like drone bombing.....

When did she say that? I never said she said it..I said her speech implies it...and everywhere I say she seems to have ...I support her work for education no doubt...But once you shake hands with Americans or anything like that....Well, dont expect any good WITHOUT A PRICE!

Why do some people in Pakistan believe that Malala Yousafzai is a fraud and she was never shot in the head?

MOST of Pakistani People think of her a fraud and used by foreign agencies as psyops.

And this view is not limited to specific group or religious entity it is widely believed that Malala is an imposter, her father Yousufzai holds a gross bad view and considered as an agent of USA and UK.

Her so called attack was ill orchestrated as it is happening in Switzerland or France where some people shot few school going girls, out of them one is picked with media frenzy while other two were banished and never came into any count one name was Kainat.

In Pakistan where 1000’s of people died in USA led war against terrorism including school and non schooled children where US drone attacked Religious schools in Dama Dola killed 109 Children and men out of which 90% where below 12 year old while on 2 men aged 21. Malala case was taken like a preset drama.

The story itself was way too bogus, how come they missed someone from a few inches if they want to kill. Everyone knows Taliban does not kill women, children & civilians.

These taliban who killed on duty Generals, attacked Air Force Hangers, Navel Dockyard, who blasted the whole Hamza Base ( a SSG Commando Base ), Attacked GHQ Military Head Quarters and killed many Officers including Brigadier level, Killed almost complete Zarrar Co. ( A high end USA Trained Commando Group in Pak Army ) and so on. BUT surprisingly they want to kill a girl on writing a blog on BBC which is least read in Pakistan. Why do they care, in Pakistan alot of people write against taliban.

Then the doubt gets more imminent when west start praising her and in few mins World Leaders start talking it all seems so dubious and fake to Pakistani People.

In Pakistan Women roam around freely, the go to Schools, Colleges even Universities, have a visit there you will know by yourself.

She is a future Benazir like project Savior for Pakistan 8-)

There was Taliban problem and we need to move forward to make more schools the earlier we close border or take over afghanistan the better

Why do some people in Pakistan believe that Malala Yousafzai is a fraud and she was never shot in the head?

MOST of Pakistani People think of her a fraud and used by foreign agencies as psyops.

And this view is not limited to specific group or religious entity it is widely believed that Malala is an imposter, her father Yousufzai holds a gross bad view and considered as an agent of USA and UK.

Her so called attack was ill orchestrated as it is happening in Switzerland or France where some people shot few school going girls, out of them one is picked with media frenzy while other two were banished and never came into any count one name was Kainat.

In Pakistan where 1000’s of people died in USA led war against terrorism including school and non schooled children where US drone attacked Religious schools in Dama Dola killed 109 Children and men out of which 90% where below 12 year old while on 2 men aged 21. Malala case was taken like a preset drama.

The story itself was way too bogus, how come they missed someone from a few inches if they want to kill. Everyone knows Taliban does not kill women, children & civilians.

These taliban who killed on duty Generals, attacked Air Force Hangers, Navel Dockyard, who blasted the whole Hamza Base ( a SSG Commando Base ), Attacked GHQ Military Head Quarters and killed many Officers including Brigadier level, Killed almost complete Zarrar Co. ( A high end USA Trained Commando Group in Pak Army ) and so on. BUT surprisingly they want to kill a girl on writing a blog on BBC which is least read in Pakistan. Why do they care, in Pakistan alot of people write against taliban.

Then the doubt gets more imminent when west start praising her and in few mins World Leaders start talking it all seems so dubious and fake to Pakistani People.

In Pakistan Women roam around freely, the go to Schools, Colleges even Universities, have a visit there you will know by yourself.
You sound like a conspiracy theorist(!)

Back
Top Bottom