What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

i ag
mark my word, a single engine medium weight stealthy fighter based on WS15 engine will join PAF in the future.
i agree because .. Geography of Pak is most suitable for single engine crafts

twin engine jets are for geographic sizes of india, US, china and Rus or Aus and Eng

i ag

i agree because .. Geography of Pak is most suitable for single engine crafts

twin engine jets are for geographic sizes of india, US, china and Rus or Aus and Eng
PAF official stated multiple time that azm will be twin engine jet, see other options TFX, J20, J31 all are twin engine, only su75 will be single but its just exist on papers till date

Has Pakistan completed its Aviation city?
DRDO-https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1504322473227321347/photo/4

The design looked very familiar when I first saw the video but I couldn't recall where I saw it before. Well, here it is, The Lockheed Martin X-35 JAST/CALF Large-Scale Powered Model.
The design is 70 - 80 % the same and the only major difference I see is that our jet will be powered by two powerplants.

1647505432246.png

1647505469894.png

1647506467539.png

1647506487941.png

Last edited:
The design looked very familiar when I first saw the video but I couldn't recall where I saw it before. Well, here it is, The Lockheed Martin X-35 JAST/CALF Large-Scale Powered Model.
The design is 70 - 80 % the same and the only major difference I see is that our jet will be powered by two powerplants.

View attachment 824836

View attachment 824837

View attachment 824843

View attachment 824844
This is EXACTLY what I thought when I first saw it 20 months ago. I saved these pics for later reference too. This was one of the reasons why I thought that I had seen the real deal.

The CGI model appears to be a scaled down version of the J-20, so I wouldn't be surprised if Chengdu has been taken onboard as a consultant. Although the rear vertical tale is very different from the J-20 and X-35.

So Pakistan hasn't abandoned the NGF under Project Azm for the PAF-TAI collaboration.

This means Pakistan will be involved in at least two 5th Generation projects at the same?
There is too little at this point to draw that conclusion. How can Pakistan muster the resources to have (or be part of) two 5th gen programs?

View attachment 824836

View attachment 824837

View attachment 824843

View attachment 824844
SO PAF Azm is strictly following US designs fist it was YF-23 now this .....:lol::lol::lol:

Or they are tricking us to follow truck ki batti ....

View attachment 824836

View attachment 824837

View attachment 824843

View attachment 824844

This is EXACTLY what I thought when I first saw it 20 months ago. I saved these pics for later reference too. This was one of the reasons why I thought that I had seen the real deal.

Strikingly similar or at-least close to what it looks like
1647516726746.png

Strikingly similar or at-least close to what it looks like
View attachment 824893
Indeed.

I had immediately googled to see if it was a copy of an existing design. It was not. The closest to it was the X-35. I could not believe my eyes.

Talking of only the design elements observable in what has been disclosed by PAF (because some details are yet hidden), the canted twin-tails are perhaps the most challenging part. The join will be very difficult. This would perhaps require Titanium & I wondered if that is something Pakistan could manage doing? It also raised a couple of questions in my mind - one of them being if Pakistan is seriously working on this. I mean just look at that join, which would undergo very high stresses. Also, the behavior of the twin canted tails in the turbulent/vortex flow was an immediate question mark. I have nearly zero study of aerodynamics, but I could see that this would also be a challenge to design around.

In case somebody has noticed, I am a bit dismissive of this design. The above are some of my concerns that lead me to be skeptical.

Indeed.

I had immediately googled to see if it was a copy of an existing design. It was not. The closest to it was the X-35. I could not believe my eyes.

Talking of only the design elements observable in what has been disclosed by PAF (because some details are yet hidden), the canted twin-tails are perhaps the most challenging part. The join will be very difficult. This would perhaps require Titanium & I wondered if that is something Pakistan could manage doing? It also raised a couple of questions in my mind - one of them being if Pakistan is seriously working on this. I mean just look at that join, which would undergo very high stresses. Also, the behavior of the twin canted tails in the turbulent/vortex flow was an immediate question mark. I have nearly zero study of aerodynamics, but I could see that this would also be a challenge to design around.

In case somebody has noticed, I am a bit dismissive of this design. The above are some of my concerns that lead me to be skeptical.
Why titanium? Why not carbon fibre?

Indeed.

Thanks for very informative post. I got me curious and i was checking other stealth fighters. Seems like canted twin tails is hallmark of stealth. I mean from J-20, J-35, Su-57, F-22. F-35 all have this feature.
I think this must be to reduce radar signature from side profile. Theoretically canted vertical tail present a lower area to compared to fully vertical tail in side profile of fighter.

May be China can help us as it has now experience on two airframes with similar feature.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom