What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

How is AVRid progressing? Is it still on, or suspended due to the usual budget issues?

Any estimated time from your sources?
in 2018 it was announced that Azm would take at least 11 years for completion, so if no delay occurs [which we know would coccure for one reason or other] then end of 2029 or 2030 should the year of surprise, but personally I believe we should not expect anything before 2035
from your sources
I have no source .... all what I post, write or when give personal analysis are based on open source informations .....

Last edited:
For those related to Project AMZ, I would like to strongly recommend something which I hope has already been adopted but IF NOT, then the Managers of this project seriously need to consider adding this aspect to this Project. It is the inclusion of 3D Printing. Before you dismiss this, Specially within Aerospace, 3D Printing has revolutionise the manufacturing process by collapsing the time between design and production, giving designers the ability to create radical new products with less waste and at a fraction of the cost. Hence inclusion of 3D has the ability to reduce the project time of AZM to produce a quality 5G Fighter. This is not fiction but the reality where Leading aerospace companies has adopted 3D.

Below is a link to one of the leaders in 3D.

https://www.stratasys.com/

For those related to Project AMZ, I would like to strongly recommend something which I hope has already been adopted but IF NOT, then the Managers of this project seriously need to consider adding this aspect to this Project. It is the inclusion of 3D Printing. Before you dismiss this, Specially within Aerospace, 3D Printing has revolutionise the manufacturing process by collapsing the time between design and production, giving designers the ability to create radical new products with less waste and at a fraction of the cost. Hence inclusion of 3D has the ability to reduce the project time of AZM to produce a quality 5G Fighter. This is not fiction but the reality where Leading aerospace companies has adopted 3D.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) I believe we aren’t using 3D printing right now or if then very limited capacity, Am I right ?

Although, 3D printers are highly costly

Because we are on the FATF watch list a lot of these technologies are currently not open to us(there is a very useful post by a well informed member on this topic). So PAC is thinking about it. It is just a case of getting to the right manufacturers and getting their agreement to export.
A

Last edited:
Because we are on the FATF watch list a lot of these technologies are currently not open to us(there is a very useful post by a well informed member on this topic). So PAC is thinking about it. It is just a case of getting to the right manufacturers and getting their agreement to export.
A

Perhaps we could try South Korea, they have some good 3D printing technology. Pak was always able to get the tech it needed if she really put her mind to it.

the basic layout must have been decided by now. there should not be much surprise in it. A modern day new fighter development takes around 10 years any more is basically incompetence. and in at least two years basic layout is finalize. So not a big surprise if you see any model or artist expression.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) in regards to the new article on flight control systems,

Does that mean the air force should avoid a relatively ambitious design (Canards, V-tail, concealed engines) in which case the plane will need 100 computers just to stay in the air, and play it safe with a design that get's us the flight performance equal to an F-16 (but still a stealth fighter). Or is it the same thing either way?

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) in regards to the new article on flight control systems,

Does that mean the air force should avoid a relatively ambitious design (Canards, V-tail, concealed engines) in which case the plane will need 100 computers just to stay in the air, and play it safe with a design that get's us the flight performance equal to an F-16 (but still a stealth fighter). Or is it the same thing either way?
Go with what your budget, time constraints and technical knowhow allows.

Back
Top Bottom