What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

its from PAC website

Thanks.

Delegation from Ukrainian Air Force Visit to PAC

06 March, 2020 - A VVIP delegation headed by Colonel General Sergii Drozdov, Commander Ukraine Air Force visit to Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra on 06 March, 2020.

6.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

https://www.pac.org.pk/news#107

@StormBreaker @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @The Eagle @MastanKhan sir @aliyusuf @Trailer23 guys just look closely in this pic . i think there is fifth gen model of paf

View attachment 619388
The VS resemble that of TFX, Cut Flat on top

@Deino Here is a present for you

2F84A07D-D735-47A7-9352-4122B597EF41.jpeg

Thank you for tagging me, great share. Seems like we are diversifying our collaboration options. We can also learn a lot about the manufacture of turbine blades, from Ukraine.
Ukraine has potential to join AZM project, Whenever such meetings happen, We normally see F-16 or Thunder models, It was quite odd to see AZM model in a meeting with Ukraine.

Explains a lot @Trailer23 @Blacklight @airomerix @Windjammer

Look like we will go with Turkey and take jf17 to it’s maximum level (stealth) with China than enter sixth generation by ourself.

I think people are reading too much into a model..it's just a 'generic' mockup of a fifth gen fighter, that's all. What would be really interesting to know is how some of the technologies which have been touted as part of project Azm will be developed, such as the 'directed energy' weapons. Not even the US or Russians have progressed that far.

The VS resemble that of TFX, Cut Flat on top

@Deino Here is a present for you

View attachment 619435

Ukraine has potential to join AZM project, Whenever such meetings happen, We normally see F-16 or Thunder models, It was quite odd to see AZM model in a meeting with Ukraine.

Explains a lot @Trailer23 @Blacklight @airomerix @Windjammer
I think it is a TFX model rather than Azm NGF...
...also aren't we reading a bit too much into it?
I think people are reading too much into a model..it's just a 'generic' mockup of a fifth gen fighter, that's all. What would be really interesting to know is how some of the technologies which have been touted as part of project Azm will be developed, such as the 'directed energy' weapons. Not even the US or Russians have progressed that far.
I think it was worded something along the lines that Azm will be designed as such that it will have room for directed energy weapons.

So it probably means that it will be designed with future upgradability in mind. It will be large enough and have enough power to accommodate these things when they are ready. However I could be wrong...and who knows maybe by 2045-2050 technology would progress enough that Azm might have directed energy weapons from the get go.

I think it's too early to jump on TFX bandwagon. But it certainly is not an option to be discounted. I for one see great long term benefit in partnering with Turk brothers.

It might just be a static display gifted by TAI execs to PAC exec and they decided to display it.

Or it could really be an easter egg.

What indeed is significant is that the Ukrainians were touring JF17 factory floor.
@Quwa
Thanks.

Delegation from Ukrainian Air Force Visit to PAC

06 March, 2020 - A VVIP delegation headed by Colonel General Sergii Drozdov, Commander Ukraine Air Force visit to Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra on 06 March, 2020.

https://www.pac.org.pk/news#107

This is TFX.

The following doesn't look anything like TFX.

The picture you posted is of Hurjet. Next gen Turk trainer/light attack/CAS

IMHO ... AvRID/PAC/PAF can look at collaborating with Turkey, Ukraine, China, Brazil, etc on the critical inputs that can go into a FGFA (maybe work with 2+ on each area so that we have redundancy). Think: engines, composite materials, flight control system, avionics, radar, munitions, etc.

However, the PAF should stand behind AvRID's design and develop their own fighter (using inputs from multiple partners). So, no TF-X, no FC-31, etc, but our own FGFA using technologies from various places (esp. Pakistan).

Let's push joint-ventures and partnerships to layers below the final product and build relations more on R&D than on buying XYZ from overseas. This is the way forward IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom