What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

I was thinking EF would be available if Pakistan decides to pay for it. We can still keep an eye out for the f16v. Let's see what happens.

Yes true and investing in Jf17 is a very clever move by Paf. We saved billions, it has protection from sanctions, we can buy in unlimited numbers and load it with latest weaponry. A dream for Paf.

1st 5th generation- JF31 with Pakistan specs.
2nd 5th generation - Tfx with Turkish/western technology.

I love the idea of having two 5th gen aircraft.

"High-fidelity prototypes are highly functional and interactive. They are very close to the final product, with most of the necessary design assets and components developed and integrated. Hi-fi prototypes are often used in the later stages to test usability and identify issues in the workflow."

Its already been revealed by ACM that aerodynamic/flight system work will be outsourced to China since they have better experience and infrastructure. PAF will be doing integration and manufacture of internal systems.

Since high fidelity modeling done, PAF is drawing out its future warfare requirements and how to meet them, with something that is near completion. Which components can be made and which they don't have capability for. It still wont be surprising if end product will be a highly customized J-31 or J-20. If PAF manages to get its hands on V upgrades for F-16s it will get more time for induction. There are speculations Mirage ROSEs will be kept flying and will be replaced completely by Azm.

We Pakistanis need to be realistic, there is no way Pakistan can make it's own 5th generation fighter jet as we cannot afford it and also have no technology.
Pak in the 80's: No way a country like us can build nukes, we broke and got no tech.
The Army:
upload_2019-10-15_1-7-14.png

Ok, here's the thing with that statement, its not entirely wrong. If this project is managed correctly and A LOT of the holes in our aviation industry get filled in (the smart way), I think we will see a prototype in 15 years.

2030 is a long time though because by 2035 Britain is planning to induct the 6th generation fighter jet called the tempest. So whilst we be excited about the 5th generation, others will be inducting 6th generation.

Tempest will be able to fly unmanned, and use swarming technology to control drones. It will incorporate artificial intelligence deep learning and possess directed-energy weapons. Another piece of technology being designed into Tempest is so-called Cooperative Engagement Capability, the ability to cooperate on the battlefield, sharing sensor data and messages to coordinate attack or defence. Tempest will feature an adaptive cycle engine and a virtual cockpit shown on a pilot's helmet-mounted display.

i think developing 5gen jet seems very difficult,even if we develop 4.5gen jet it will be great achievement of Paf

our competition is with india and not with u.k,u.k has more resources and budget and have cooperation with whole europe
2030 is a long time though because by 2035 Britain is planning to induct the 6th generation fighter jet called the tempest. So whilst we be excited about the 5th generation, others will be inducting 6th generation.

Tempest will be able to fly unmanned, and use swarming technology to control drones. It will incorporate artificial intelligence deep learning and possess directed-energy weapons. Another piece of technology being designed into Tempest is so-called Cooperative Engagement Capability, the ability to cooperate on the battlefield, sharing sensor data and messages to coordinate attack or defence. Tempest will feature an adaptive cycle engine and a virtual cockpit shown on a pilot's helmet-mounted display.

Pakistan’s “Project Azm” whose centrepiece involves development of its own fifth generation fighter has accelerated, with first of the four “conceptual design phase” cycles being concluded.

Why again a new Thread for AZM?? :hitwall::crazy:

Pak in the 80's: No way a country like us can build nukes, we broke and got no tech.
The Army:
View attachment 584025

Ok, here's the thing with that statement, its not entirely wrong. If this project is managed correctly and A LOT of the holes in our aviation industry get filled in (the smart way), I think we will see a prototype in 15 years.

Correction: This never happened. The whole nation wanted an atomic bomb and Pakistan got it. It was a national project, not an army project. KRL & PAEC were independent entities manned by civilians.

Please do not distort historical facts. Your mind-set may see things from a distorted perspective, but facts are facts.

With such a slow progress they'll have to start 6 gen... now and learn from both simultaneously. Just so that a mature 6th gen design becomes a reality in foreseeable future. Indian programs are a case in point... if you cannot deliver a product in time it will just become a case study and nothing else.
If we start off with a 7th gen design by the time it is built and airborne it will be 6th gen. and by then the Indian's Teja would have progressed to 1st gen after decades rolling around on the ground.

C-130 attending RIAT 2019 had this printed on the vertical tale.

View attachment 584033

But I would be very much careful in taking this painting as a "AZM will look like this" and even more in trying to deduct any certain capabilities or pros and cons from this artwork.

IMO it is plain and simple what it is: An artwork, that clearly shows the PAF's ambitions but it is surely not yet the design of the AZM.

I think if the design is finalised and will be shown to the public the PAF will use a better event than to paint it on a transport's tail at an Air Show and that all without any official announcement.

Best,
Deino

Project is real and to me, this artwork is also close to real if not real as no mockup has been built.

Next 5-7 years are critical because during that time, we will get a clearer idea about real induction time period. Before that, it is certainly going to hit many road blocks. But the thing which really intrigue my mind is the testing stage of this thing. How PAF pilot will able to give feedback considering the fact, it will be the first 5th generation PAF will be flying and making at the same time. Before FGFA, PAF always was able to make procurement based on previous experience on imported planes of the same class. Here it will be a big leap of faith. This is why those high-fidelity tools role will be critical in final product as most of the parameters will be studied and design adjustments will be made accordingly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom