What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

@messiach

Where do you see the industrial capacity and R&D capability engendered via Azm 10-15 years from now?

Right but the ACM yes said twin-engine quite clearly.

On a related note, the YF-23 design provides a lot of (structural) room for upgrades precisely because it's a little oversized. I kind of like that the PAC is looking at it. At the very least provides a very good/refined baseline to jump off from.
So it's based off the YF-23 but has modifications and refinements. For example it will have DSI. Also it is sized specifically with two AL-31/WS-10 in mind. Also also, they're using the F16 as the aerodynamic performance benchmark. Also also also, not even wind tunnel tested yet, so all just digital guesswork at this point.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @SQ8

Here's a paper that sheds some light on the design configurations under study under Azm. @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @kursed Look at (c) for the YF-23 with canards concept.
1632415854374.png

1632415920873.png

Attachments

• AzmDesigns1.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 79
  • AzmDesigns2.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 57
I can see "B" being a future evolution of the JF-17 (or JF-18 then) becoming the Stealth platform. And "D" an evolution of J-10C air frame. Both are highly do-able.
B is looking very much like Russian PAK-FA...
...not that the Russians are involved...
...but if that is selected by chance...and somehow comes to fruition...it would be great fun to watch bcuz ironically...Indians were supposed to have something like that in their arsenal :lol:

My personal favorite is still the A concept...
...before Azm NGF was even an idea...YF23 was(and still is) one of my favorite jets. Seeing that design in PAF(if it ever materializes) would be amazing 😍

Actually JF-17 doesn’t even have an engine, anytime you see it flying, it’s just CGI, what Pakistan should have done is order LCA Tejas from India, I’ve heard it’s a 6th generation fighter that is going to replace the F35 in US service soon.
Actually all the UFO videos released by the pentagon show LCA Tejas violating US airspace for shits and giggles

Back
Top Bottom