What's new

PROJECT 18:INDIA’S NEXT GENERATION DESTROYER Armed With Railgun

Project-18 aims to launch the lead ship in 2028. DRDO has spared 1.5 billion dollars for the programme from its annual budget.
2028 is 9 years in future. And Indian delivery schedule is weird. Delays often run into decades. You folks need to hand-over your production/R&D facilities to Japanese expats to run. For some reason you folks cann't run them efficiently.

2028 is 9 years in future. And Indian delivery schedule is weird. Delays often run into decades. You folks need to hand-over your production/R&D facilities to Japanese expats to run. For some reason you folks cann't run them efficiently.
Even before any research is done, you just need to show a model and some pictures, the Indians would already start jumping in joy as if they completed it.

Even before any research is done, you just need to show a model and some pictures, the Indians would already start jumping in joy as if they already achieved something.
Oh well, that part too. For some reason, Indian defense posts are always in future tense. I like forward looking but sometimes you need to look down and see the road on which you are walking as well.

Oh well, that part too. For some reason, Indian defense posts are always in future tense. I like forward looking but sometimes you need to look down and see the road on which you are walking as well.

You are talking about reality there. Something Indians don’t deal with well. They dwell in fantasies and cheer on every bragging posts and CGI pics.

You are talking about reality there. Something Indians don’t deal with well. They dwell in fantasies and cheer on every bragging posts and CGI pics.
Well someone once said a desire without capability is just a fantasy.
If you don't know how to bake a cake, you buy from outside or work in a bakery or hire a baker to do it in front of you and then you learn.
If I were to fix Indian manufacturing and R&D, I will first fire all the Indian middle managers and hire top Ex-Toyota/Ex-Honda assembly line experts and let them run the show for Indian students to watch how it is done. After 10 years or so, something will rub on to them.

I mean, leave these ships and all. I am yet to hear about Indian civilian guns been even known in the US. And thats saying something. Almost all kind of guns have their place under the sun in the US. Its that kind of country. I have seen some Type-56s from China with US gun enthusiasts. And yet no Indian-Type-XX copy of AK-47. Thats like ABC of any arms manufacturing.

Info, I have is INS Porbandar will be the bridge between P-15B & NGDs

In terms of what? Because the way I see it, the surface combatant classes on IN are all similar within the class. You can see significant changes between P-15A and P-15B, but you're not likely to see any changes within the 4 ships of P-15B class. Just like you didn't see any changes among the 3 ships of 15A class (Kolkata, Kochi & Chennai).

AC will decide size & nos of NGDs

You mean aircraft carrier? We already pretty much decided on that. ~65,000 ton conventional CATOBAR with EMALS. Roughly similar in size to Queen Elizabeth class, but more functional all-around thanks to the catapult instead of ski-jump.

I'm not particularly sure where I've heard this but I think the numbers of the NGD and NGF will be pretty similar to current-generation surface ship orders. And that means 7 NG frigates and 3 or 4 NG destroyers. And when I say NGF I don't mean P-17A, I'm talking about the next frigate class after it.

IN looking for Indigenous propulsion solutions and even willing to allow the platform to mature on that

Indigenous radars are a very real possibility for the P-18. But I simply don't see indigenous propulsion happening, sorry. In fact if we move away from the Ukrainian Zorya-Mashproekt turbines and Russian shafts to a completely Western CODAG setup instead of the Soviet-type COGAG that we've been using on Delhi-class and P-15A/B, I'd be more than happy.

These Ukrainian & Russian companies continue to let us down with regard to delivery timelines. The sooner we move away from them the better.

We've already switched to a Western CODAG setup for the frigates since Shivalik, which had GE turbines and SEMT-Pielstick diesels. And P-17A will have GE turbines and MAN diesels. A similar setup but with more power would be great on the P-18.

We got notes to take from the IEP setups on both Type 45 Daring and Zumwalt.

I see dozens of Chinese ships prowling the IOR, never heard of any failures though. I did heard of an Indian ship sinking in the IOR though. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You do not read because it is banned in china. Search PDF. It is already here. Your type 52 has substandard technologies. You can just mass produce your Junk and be happy. Your shitty destroyers are no match to our Kolkatta class. Your technologies such as Radars, Cruise missile, Protection technologies, Sonars are atleast a decade behind.

You do not read because it is banned in china. Search PDF. It is already here. Your type 52 has substandard technologies. You can just mass produce your Junk and be happy. Your shitty destroyers are no match to our Kolkatta class. Your technologies such as Radars, Cruise missile, Protection technologies, Sonars are atleast a decade behind.

I am in SG and I do read alot my dear 'Indian hero'. That so called incident happening due to 'engine failure' was a rumour heard by Henri, which was later found to be false. Go check back his archive, I was in that thread debating this shit, based upon a rumor from a TW talkshow.:enjoy:

Your ships are basically almost using all IMPORTED equipment, you don't even produce the paint for those ships for gods sake. This is how pathetic your MIC is. Assuming your imported equipments are better, what happens when you run out of spares? We churn out these 052Ds and 055 like cakes because we make almost everything ourselves. You are getting milked by almost everybody in the world, and you don't even realise it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
my dear Indian hero.

Thanks.

Your ships are basically almost using all IMPORTED equipment, you don't even produce the paint for those ships for gods sake. This is how pathetic your MIC is. Assuming your imported equipments are better, what happens when you run out of spares? We churn out these 052Ds and 055 like cakes because we make almost everything ourselves. You are getting milked by almost everybody in the world, and you don't even realise it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

We have most of things our own. Missile, state of art Sonar, Camouflage, Torpedo decoy etc. We have radar and air defense missile build in collaboration. You use your useless HQ based air defense system which can not defend against in coming missile and you need detection from a long distance. We have a missile which can intercept incoming missile from a long long distance and intercept it at even 500 m away. Your frigate shall be a sitting duck if it is ever pitted against our kolkatta class. We can now shoot it down from 450 km away. Soon we shall have the capability to from 800 km away at a high supersonic Speed. Your radars are also piece of shit compared to one mounted very high on our ships. All of our weapons or radar or Sonars are miles ahead than yours.

you're not likely to see any changes within the 4 ships of P-15B class.

You mean aircraft carrier? We already pretty much decided on that. ~65,000 ton conventional CATOBAR with EMALS. Roughly similar in size to Queen Elizabeth class, but more functional all-around thanks to the catapult instead of ski-jump.

7 NG frigates and 3 or 4 NG destroyers.

And when I say NGF I don't mean P-17A, I'm talking about the next frigate class after it.

But I simply don't see indigenous propulsion happening, sorry.

Wait till INS Paradip (D68) float :-).

Indian navy laughing stock of the world.

How many months till they write the ship off again.....

INS_Betwa_2.jpg

Probable APAR

High power radar
hpr1-png.507474
hpr2-png.507475

Probable ADS

QRSAM
LRSAM
XRSAM

Probable Strike
Brahmos I/II
Nirbhay LACM

Thanks.

We have most of things our own. Missile, state of art Sonar, Camouflage, Torpedo decoy etc. We have radar and air defense missile build in collaboration. You use your useless HQ based air defense system which can not defend against in coming missile and you need detection from a long distance. We have a missile which can intercept incoming missile from a long long distance and intercept it at even 500 m away. Your frigate shall be a sitting duck if it is ever pitted against our kolkatta class. We can now shoot it down from 450 km away. Soon we shall have the capability to from 800 km away at a high supersonic Speed. Your radars are also piece of shit compared to one mounted very high on our ships. All of our weapons or radar or Sonars are miles ahead than yours.

'collaboration'? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

project-18.jpg
Project 18 class destroyers will be equipped with advanced systems such as electromagnetic railguns, laser-based close-in weapon systems, advanced AESA and PESA radars, and active and passive array sonars.Kakinda Shipyard in collaboration with Mazgaon docks and L&T will lay keel for the destroyers that will have a displacement of 9000 tonnes. Meanwhile, DRDO in collaboration with Bharat Electronics will be designing the next generation of radar systems. The already developed Air and Missile defence system (AMDS) is being further worked upon. The AESA and PESA are to have extended ranges and possible merger into one multi-band radar. The destroyer will also have an X-band optronic mast detector radar.

For the project, DRDO in collaboration with Bharat Electronics will be designing next generation of radar systems to be incorporated into the planned 18-class. The already developed AMDS will be worked on further. The AESA and PESA radars will see extended ranges, and possible merger into one multi-band radar. The destroyer will also have an X-band optronic mast detector radar.

Project 18-class destroyers will be able to carry enough space for a single utility helicopter. The destroyers will be equipped with advanced UCAVs and UAVs, a possible compact version to be deployed on the destroyers of the EMALS is being worked out.

Project-18 class destroyers will have following armaments
Ballistic missiles and hypersonic Bramhos-II:

The next generation of point missile defense capable of launching Brahmos II will be worked upon.

The Electromagnetic Railgun:
Electromagnetic gun replacing the famed Otobreda of Indian Navy, will be supported with laser based CIWS, in works in LASTEC of DRDO. The warship will be deployed with 300 kW of laser system, capable of shooting down the aerial threats. The planned CIWS will draw inspiration from the present Phalnax CIWS and have its own radar. Indian Army has also expressed interests in the project, for it wishes to mount laser based systems on its combat vehicles. Additionally, the warship will also be equipped with small 100 kW laser based weapon systems with faster charging rates and continuous rate of application.

READ China removes road-construction equipment from face-off site in Doklam
Laser-based CIWS
It is being developed by DRDO’s Laser Science and Technology Centre, Delhi will employ 300 kW of laser system enough to take out any aerial threat. It will have its own radar. In addition, the warship will have a smaller 100kW laser too.

How will this mega ship be powered?
It will use Integrated Electric Propulsion (IEP). L& T and DRDO will further work on DRDO’s already launched programe GATET for marine propulsion. The planned gas turbine will deliver power up to 36 MW, and destroyer will have 2 of these to deliver a power of 72 MW, in conjugation with 2 diesel generators of 10 MW each and 2 electric propulsion motors of 20 MW. Tata Advanced Systems Ltd. (TASL) which has designed platform, bridge, and Combat Management Systems in the past will work on Diesel generators and motors.

Project-18 aims to launch the lead ship in 2028. DRDO has spared 1.5 billion dollars for the programme from its annual budget.

https://defenceupdate.in/project-18indias-next-generation-destroyer/

Indians brag and jump up and down on a fantasy picture never fails to amaze me!

They have real difficulty differentiating between fact and fantasy, between action and talk.

Indians brag and jump up and down on a fantasy picture never fails to amaze me!

They have real difficulty differentiating between fact and fantasy, between action and talk.

We show Chinese action in Oklahoma where they withdrew like an obsidian child.

Back
Top Bottom