What's new

Problems for India's Modi Balochistan rant leaves Iran, Afghanistan & Pakistan Uneasy

One answer to this is that it is never the majority that decides policies, programmes or directions. They may ratify it with their approval and support, but the formulation has to be done, necessarily, by those who are willing to put time and effort into such esoterics, and such people are precisely those whom yoiu have pointed to.

The second part is about the bickering within this less-than-demotic group. That represents not a vertical quarrel, but a horizontal one: it is a clash of ideologies, perhaps even of theologies. At one level, those who believe in religion as a prime identifier vs. those who believe that it is something else; at another level, those who believe in the state at any cost vs. those who believe that even in matters of state and of international relations, there is a higher morality. A third divide opens up between those who seek military solutions in everything, and those who are essentially, not morally, but practically, pacifists. How can we avoid those? In those discussions, we will inevitably face others with a different point of view, and in such situations, those who believe in freedom of speech are always at a disadvantage: the others don't have to worry!

I believe that each of us has to battle our own lunatics. It is the jihad of warring against one's own worse impulses, before going on to challenge the imperfections or impieties of others. It is only victory in this that will bring a generous and workable, in the sense, sustainable solution to the sub-continent.
Lolz,,
support and words like these are what keep you going despite not being too hopeful,, what if you are wrong,, what if i give up too easily and not be a part of what it could have been!
I hope sir that sanity prevails and we do find some common ground and then build on that base. Again, i am all in for any such effort even when religion and country are of prime importance for me. May be we can find some way of holding on what is dear to us and still work on a workable solution to our problems.

Yup it is you who is responsible.

Yes true, India got some serious humiliation on balochistan and AK rants.

when Indian PM or Indians bark, anything related to Pakistan, it will get a response. A response, India got has left them need a face saving. The Baloch, AK drama rant by Modi has now been turned fanfare fun to ridicule, humiliate and discard Indians, Modi, its BJP govt, the Indian media by aggressive Pakistanis and the world at large. Indian meddle in Pakistan's internal affairs you got what you are looking for. Why the world had not supported Modi claims and remained quieter, its India which has been left paranoid, its India who has been left isolated, humiliated and faceless.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom