What's new

Privatization of DRDO

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What's good impact and what's bad impact. When India is full of good business class people, and DRDO is always a target of corruption, then why not give shot and privatize. This suggestion was ever been officially made ?....victim of red tape of Baboism ...

If that happen i always welcome this:)

But it not gonna happen in my dream itself:cry:

Then how our Babus make certain percentage to their swiss account:hitwall:

yaar ek baar Tata ya reliance ya birla ko deker dekho...puri duniya ko bechenge yaar yeh log. DRDO ko toh paisa kamane ka zariya bana liya hai yaaroin.. i think CWG committee also took a clue frm them.

no need to take cheap shots,they r not as bad as many here claim,many of their projects have proceeded in slow manner,but remember we entered this military aerospace field very lately,still they r doing good,how many of u still feel Arjun is a failed project(specially to Indians)look at our missiles each and every single missile ranging from ballistic to ABM,astra to sagariks every missile is developed by them,and really thats a long list

yaar ek baar Tata ya reliance ya birla ko deker dekho...puri duniya ko bechenge yaar yeh log. DRDO ko toh paisa kamane ka zariya bana liya hai yaaroin.. i think CWG committee also took a clue frm them.
no hindi please. Lot of members dont understand

Last edited:
i do not agree with this privatization rather clip the wings and reduce the domain in which it works and confine its domains to the main ones more of research, development and regulatory body than private entity..............

If make it semi autonomous ,,or give 25 percent share to TATA..hope will run like horse..

A defense company handling sensitive military projects cannot and should not be privatized.

Last edited:
A defense company handling sensitive military projects cannot and should not be privatized.
Boeing, LM, etc are private companies. They have private maangement with Government supervision. Private companies are bound by numerous laws that make them function like a private firm : fast, qualitative, delivering companies under the watchful eye of the government.

Keeping DRDO sarkari would mean getting the future HCA in next 100 years.

I think rather than giving DRDO up for privatization It would be better to allow and promote private companies to compete for projects where they can use their core competance to the maximum.

For example TATA has some experience in heavy engines and vehicle; inviting them to compete for future ICV for IA is a step in right direction. That is the way to go!

And I think somebody mentioned reliance. The day reliance enters defence sector (let alone have a share in DRDO) will be a black day for indian defence!

Boeing, LM, etc are private companies. They have private maangement with Government supervision. Private companies are bound by numerous laws that make them function like a private firm : fast, qualitative, delivering companies under the watchful eye of the government.

Keeping DRDO sarkari would mean getting the future HCA in next 100 years.

With due respect, I would like to disagree on this.

Even ISRO is a complete government body. It's hierarchical stucture is same as DRDO and HAL for that matter. ISRO is bound by the sames rules and regulations that DRDO also needs to follow. But nobody speaks of ISRO's privatization, because they are doing their job as efficiently as companies in the private sector.

The problem lies with the management of DRDO. As some Indian members suggested, I also think the best way is to break up DRDO into multiple business units with each unit having its own management. The current operations structure seem difficult to manage and hence the inefficiency.

The solution lies in reorganizing the way DRDO functions. Also, new talent needs to be infused into the company. It also needs to undertake more research activity. DRDO is hardly any close to cutting edge technology.

Back
Top Bottom