What's new

Princess Sumaya Hussein opens first space center to teach in Jordan

Philip the Arab

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
21/08/2019

On behalf of His Majesty King Abdullah II, HRH Princess Sumaya bint Al Hassan opened the Regional Center for Space Science and Technology Education for West Asia / United Nations in the presence of a number of senior civil and military officials and a number of heads of departments and bodies working in space organizations from around the world.

This regional center, the first of its kind in the Kingdom and the fifth in the world, is an indication of Jordan's global position in the field of space science, which aims to enhance the capabilities of the Kingdom and the region in the field of space science and technology.

On her arrival, Her Highness was received by the Assistant Head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Brigadier General Nasser Al-Muhairat, Director General of the Royal Jordanian Geographical Center / Director General of the Regional Center for Space Science Teaching, Brig. Officials at the Royal Geographic Centers and the Regional Center for Space Science Teaching.

Brigadier-General Al-Khasawneh welcomed the Princess and the audience, noting the government's role in providing all tools and capabilities that open the horizons of creativity, innovation and scientific excellence, especially in the field of space.

He pointed to the scientific and research role of the Regional Center, especially the launching of academic programs in the disciplines of space science and its various applications, space meteorology, space communications, weather and atmospheric sciences, in addition to holding short, medium and long-term training courses in these disciplines. A training center for Arab countries in the field of space during the meeting of the Arab Space Group held in Abu Dhabi, UAE, and the language of instruction will be in Arabic.

Dr. Mohammed Al Ahbabi, Director General of the Emirates Space Agency, delivered a speech in which he explained the strength of the relationship between the UAE Agency and the Regional Center through the agreement to join the UAE as a member of the Regional Center, pointing out the UAE's quest to be a regional center in the projects of space exploration, education and human capacity development in this field.

The President of the Arab Union for Space and Astronomy Dr. Humaid Al-Naimi and the importance of the regional center for the teaching of space science at the regional and international level, stressing the need for cooperation between the Arab countries for the success of the Center by sending Arab students to study in these areas, and expressed his thanks to Jordan, King and Which embodies the global partnership in exploration and innovation in space and astronomy

The Romanian astronaut Dr. Domiter Brunario spoke about his 1981 space flight aboard the Salute 6 space station, outlining dozens of scientific experiments he conducted during the six-day voyage, expressing his admiration for the establishment of the Regional Center for Space Teaching in Jordan. This feat.

Her Royal Highness opened an exhibition specializing in aerospace, astronomy, aerial photography, cadastral instruments, astronomical telescopes, meteorology and weather with the participation of local, regional and international specialized companies.

At the end of the celebration, HRH Princess Sumaya bint Al-Hassan distributed commemorative shields to a number of specialized figures in space and astronomy from Arab and foreign countries, and toured the Regional Center to see its modern facilities, contents and equipment that take into account the nature of the Center's work and keep pace with the development and comprehensive renaissance witnessed in Jordan.

1.jpg

2%20(2).jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Who makes their own rockets today? Civilian satellites are much cheaper to use on most satellites

Then how will you progress if you remain dependent on western rockets to launch, you called this the Arab space agency referring to 22 states with over 350 million people. That's not a tiny group for it to be limited to dependency on the west.

Satellites are another thing, they are not missile technology but systems with many components. You need to separate all of this, just because they all happen to be space technology doesn't mean they're the same thing.

Then how will you progress if you remain dependent on western rockets to launch, you called this the Arab space agency referring to 22 states with over 350 million people. That's not a tiny group for it to be limited to dependency on the west.

Satellites are another thing, they are not missile technology but systems with many components. You need to separate all of this, just because they all happen to be space technology doesn't mean they're the same thing.
Yes, I know this of course but there are Russian and Chinese rockets that will always be cheaper, and available to use that aren't Western of course. Israel will make it hard for Arab states to develop rocket technology in the long run though.

I know what satellites are m8. That was a typo on my part.

space program in jordon
mmmm will be conveted to falafel and hummos shop !eventually

@The SC
@Khafee
@Wilhelm II
All the doubters of the Arab space agency are proven wrong. Saying we will have to hire NASA and ESA engineers. :cuckoo:
Read about Saudi oil history and Khalid Al falih Arab engineers must work in a special organisations like nasa or ESA OR use their engineers for their experiences
Many people can study and learn theories but without experiences they are like a phone without charge

Lack of rocket programs so no capability to launch sats or humans into space

They will get sanctioned/bombed if they do a rocket program. So the terrorist shithole Israel must be dismantled and handed back to the Palestinians before you can move forward with plans like these.

Israel's presence is stunting the development and growth of all other nations in the region.

They will get sanctioned/bombed if they do a rocket program. So the terrorist shithole Israel must be dismantled and handed back to the Palestinians before you can move forward with plans like these.
aware of that

aware of that

So when the regimes collapse, and the big war occurs, we need to destroy that terrorist entity and establish the Caliphate across the ME. It's perfectly feasible.

I personally can't wait. :bounce:

So when the regimes collapse, and the big war occurs, we need to destroy that terrorist entity and establish the Caliphate across the ME. It's perfectly feasible.

I personally can't wait. :bounce:

Do you see that happening, a collapse/crisis in Israel?

Do you see that happening, a collapse/crisis in Israel?

Of course I do but not in the current conditions. The regimes need to collapse(they already are 95% there anyways) . The ME is not going to be safe during this revamping process and anyone scared should seek safety or stay far away. The Mujahideen on other hand made a pact with God and will sacrifice everything they have to establish the Caliphate for the sake of the Lord and they aren't scared. Very simply there has to be security and safety for the people of the region and it will take hard work/sacrifice but will pay off.

Of course I do but not in the current conditions. The regimes need to collapse(they already are 95% there anyways) . The ME is not going to be safe during this revamping process and anyone scared should seek safety or stay far away. The Mujahideen on other hand made a pact with God and will sacrifice everything they have to establish the Caliphate for the sake of the Lord and they aren't scared. Very simply there has to be security and safety for the people of the region and it will take hard work/sacrifice but will pay off.

Sounds risky and very much an opening for the wrong mujahideen like ISIS.

Sounds risky and very much an opening for the wrong mujahideen like ISIS.

Don't worry, the kind I'm talking about is being prepared for since 2016 and at God's orders. You'll understand in future.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom