What's new

Princess Cake - Prinsesstårta: A Swedish Cake

war&peace

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
To be honest.. I'm not sure about the origin of this cake but it is very popular in Sweden and though I have seen it in other European countries as well but none comes closer to Swedish scale but most probably it is Swedish because it is just very popular here..

iu

The green top shell (traditionally green but pink is also available) or layer is called marzipan which is made of powdered almonds and sugar under which a thick layer of fresh or sour cream hides which is mostly unsweetened, this rest on top of some red sweet syrup or jam which in turn on top of thick soft and sweet bottom. It is one of the most tasty cakes and can vary in prices a lot from 100 sek to 500 sek and even 3000 sek..

iu

iu

iu

iu

It is very tasty but beware it is calorie bomb and try to limit your appetite and lust to only one piece or two

iu

So lazy PDFers do enjoy this but do not forget to exercise

@Indos @Joe Shearer @django @Indus Pakistan @Arsalan @Pakhtoon yum

To be honest.. I'm not sure about the origin of this cake but it is very popular in Sweden and though I have seen it in other European countries as well but none comes closer to Swedish scale but most probably it is Swedish because it is just very popular here..

iu

The green top shell (traditionally green but pink is also available) or layer is called marzipan which is made of powdered almonds and sugar under which a thick layer of fresh or sour cream hides which is mostly unsweetened, this rest on top of some red sweet syrup or jam which in turn on top of thick soft and sweet bottom. It is one of the most tasty cakes and can vary in prices a lot from 100 sek to 500 sek and even 3000 sek..

iu

iu

iu

iu

It is very tasty but beware it is calorie bomb and try to limit your appetite and lust to only one piece or two

iu

So lazy PDFers do enjoy this but do not forget to exercise

@Indos @Joe Shearer @django @Indus Pakistan @Arsalan @Pakhtoon yum
Looks a bit too sweet bhai.Kudos

No, it is not sweeter than other cakes..rather ..it is lightly sweet so there is a risk that people eat a lot more than other cakes
Looks something like Stolen. I would give that a try. I do sometimes [once every week] take a nibble on slice of Stolen [which also has Marzipan] etc. If I can find this in UK I will have a bite. The first one looks yummy.

And as regards calories I just modulate my time at burn out on stairmill etc

It is very popular but I dont like it. But kladdkaka :bounce:
recept-snabb-kladdkaka-med-mork-choklad-stor.jpg
Jag gillar kladkaka också ...det är det enklast att laga

Looks something like Stolen. I would give that a try. I do sometimes [once every week] take a nibble on slice of Stolen [which also has Marzipan] etc. If I can find this in UK I will have a bite. The first one looks yummy.

You won't be eating it too often so no worries...I bought a stairmil, brought the most advanced training (indoor) bicycle with me from USA and still did not use them as much as I would have liked but do running outdoor 4 times a week.

If marzipan is available in your place then rest is not so difficult to make... I never made but my wife did make a few times ...

I do sometimes [once every week] take a nibble on slice of Stolen [which also has Marzipan]
I eat cake / bakery items ... on average once every month and at max twice a month.. But I eat a lot non-dairy, non-baked sweet things like fruits, honey and sometimes maple syrup etc

You can run in it outside in the dark..it will be visible from a distance :)
You know what I have never understood? Pakistani's. Probably one of the most vulgar, brash, colour loving people on earth. But look at our flag. Toned down, dirty, camoflouge green. On the contrary look at Scandavians or British. Prefer very subtle, pastel, natural colours but then look at their flags. brash, bold, primary reds, blues and yellows which stand out mile away ....

You know what I have never understood? Pakistani's. Probably one of the most vulgar, brash, colour loving people on earth. But look at our flag. Toned down, dirty, camoflouge green. On the contrary look at Scandavians or British. Prefer very subtle, pastel, natural colours but then look at their flags. brash, bold, primary reds, blues and yellows which stand out mile away ....
Naah, Pakistani flag is visible from distance and I love the color scheme...

iu

Pretty brilliant color combination that is meaningful and visible from a distance due to contrast. Scandinavians have an issue of long dark nights especially in old times when there used to be no electricity ... and hence no street lights ... so perhaps that drives their color choices while Pakistan has good day length even during winter ...

Nah I like the Pakistani flag one modification I would like the leaders should have done was the crescent and star was like The Turks not bended but straight I mean something on the line of Algeria's flag, I do like the Azerbaijani flags.

1200px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png

News_May_19_2017.jpg

I agree with you on some choices like the truck art.. I don't like.. it taxes my eyes .. I like clean lines and much less busy color schemes...I like dark silver, black metallic, pearl white colors for cars but man Pakistani flag is beautiful to my eyes ..

I agree with you on some choices like the truck art.. I don't like.. it taxes my eyes .. I like clean lines and much less busy color schemes...I like dark silver, black metallic, pearl white colors for cars but man Pakistani flag is beautiful to my eyes ..

Truck Art is great, damn Sweden sure has made you more grey lol, Pakistani flag is beautiful I agree but I wish the Cresent wasnt bended

Nah I like the Pakistani flag one modification I would like the leaders should have done was the crescent and star was like The Turks not bended but straight I mean something on the line of Algeria's flag, I do like the Azerbaijani flags.

1200px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png

News_May_19_2017.jpg
Mate I like the flags of most countries except two that start with "i" ...
But Pakistani flag is the best and one reason is that I'm a bit of graphic designer as well so I know the proportions and the science behind Pakistani flag... which most of the people don't know..

Truck Art is great, damn Sweden sure has made you more grey lol, Pakistani flag is beautiful I agree but I wish the Cresent wasnt bended
Mate, the crescent is facing sky ... it more like rising power and more natural... It is a lot more meaningful.
Yes, you're right.. I wear grey shirts, dark grey suite.. darker colours though I wear pure white as well .. My home is pretty minimal as well .. from kitchen to bed room tried to make the place must bless busy and people able to have their personal space.. and do not flirt with each other's auras ...

Back
Top Bottom