What's new

Princess Cake - Prinsesstårta: A Swedish Cake

Had too much princesstårta.
Nowadays, I prefer Sachertårta.

upload_2018-12-30_19-57-28.jpeg

Mate I like the flags of most countries except two that start with "i" ...
But Pakistani flag is the best and one reason is that I'm a bit of graphic designer as well so I know the proportions and the science behind Pakistani flag... which most of the people don't know..

Yeah I hate the Kosher flag lol, but since we are talking flags here are some I really like

72380_tr_flag_col_md.gif

1200px-Flag_of_the_Turkish_Republic_of_Northern_Cyprus.svg.png

2000px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png

2000px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png

2000px-Flag_of_Iran_%28official%29.svg.png

2000px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg.png

1200px-Flag_of_China_%281889%E2%80%931912%29.svg.png

main-qimg-66771ad4b13db21b638d33f447a8aa6f.webp

flag-800.png

sy.png

2000px-Ottoman_flag.svg.png

72378_tn_flag_col_lg.gif

1920px-Flag_of_Bulgaria.svg.png

2000px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina_%281992-1998%29.svg.png

1717396.jpg

ChRI_Flag.PNG

Mate, the crescent is facing sky ... it more like rising power and more natural... It is a lot more meaningful.
Yes, you're right.. I wear grey shirts, dark grey suite.. darker colours though I wear pure white as well .. My home is pretty minimal as well .. from kitchen to bed room tried to make the place must bless busy and people able to have their personal space.. and do not flirt with each other's auras ...[/QUOTE]

Sweden really changed you a lil bit lol

To be honest.. I'm not sure about the origin of this cake but it is very popular in Sweden and though I have seen it in other European countries as well but none comes closer to Swedish scale but most probably it is Swedish because it is just very popular here..

iu

The green top shell (traditionally green but pink is also available) or layer is called marzipan which is made of powdered almonds and sugar under which a thick layer of fresh or sour cream hides which is mostly unsweetened, this rest on top of some red sweet syrup or jam which in turn on top of thick soft and sweet bottom. It is one of the most tasty cakes and can vary in prices a lot from 100 sek to 500 sek and even 3000 sek..

iu

iu

iu

iu

It is very tasty but beware it is calorie bomb and try to limit your appetite and lust to only one piece or two

iu

So lazy PDFers do enjoy this but do not forget to exercise

@Indos @Joe Shearer @django @Indus Pakistan @Arsalan @Pakhtoon yum

<sigh>

I'm still baking buns and plain cake. Long way to go before I get here. Marzipan isn't too tough; you get it separately in some New Market cake shops.

<sigh>

I'm still baking buns and plain cake. Long way to go before I get here. Marzipan isn't too tough; you get it separately in some New Market cake shops.
Marzipan is the difficult part but you can get it from a shop nearby ... I don't know about India and Pakistan but it is easily available in Sweden and USA in every wallmart or willys or ICA.

To be honest.. I'm not sure about the origin of this cake but it is very popular in Sweden and though I have seen it in other European countries as well but none comes closer to Swedish scale but most probably it is Swedish because it is just very popular here..

iu

The green top shell (traditionally green but pink is also available) or layer is called marzipan which is made of powdered almonds and sugar under which a thick layer of fresh or sour cream hides which is mostly unsweetened, this rest on top of some red sweet syrup or jam which in turn on top of thick soft and sweet bottom. It is one of the most tasty cakes and can vary in prices a lot from 100 sek to 500 sek and even 3000 sek..

iu

iu

iu

iu

It is very tasty but beware it is calorie bomb and try to limit your appetite and lust to only one piece or two

iu

It looks beautiful actually, i am sure would taste delicious too. Pitty i have no plans to visit Sweden :(

Germany mein ni mil jai ga? :D

It looks beautiful actually, i am sure would taste delicious too. Pitty i have no plans to visit Sweden :(

Outside Scandinavia, Germany is pretty close in culture to Sweden so I guess it would be available from some Bäckerei though I never tried looking for it there... Germany is my go to place for shopping to save money..very cheap as compared to Sweden..even compensates for the travel/trip expenses :lol::lol:

after looking at this cake, I burned all the calories by looking at the exercise bike.
wow man your life is easy :lol::lol:

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

My favorite Indonesian cake

Putu Ayu Cake

putu-ayu-pelangi

Outside Scandinavia, Germany is pretty close in culture to Sweden so I guess it would be available from some Bäckerei though I never tried looking for it there... Germany is my go to place for shopping to save money..very cheap as compared to Sweden..even compensates for the travel/trip expenses :lol::lol:
Expensive than England though :D
I would try to limit me shopping in Germany as England is a better place plus my visit to England are usually more relaxed as far as time goes.

Ikea is your best bet outside of Sweden. Maybe some bakeries in schleswig-holstein might have them as well, due to the province's proximity to Scandinavia.

If we are talking about Swedish goodies though, the Semla is at the top of my list. Its so good it even caused the death of a Swedish King allegedly :D

https://www.thelocal.se/20130212/6470

Semla-TotallySwedish.jpg

Back
Top Bottom