What's new

President confers Nishan-i-Imtiaz (M) upon Naval Chief

air marshal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
President confers Nishan-i-Imtiaz (M) upon Naval Chief

ISLAMABAD. Jan 20 (APP): President Asif Ali Zardari on Friday decorated Naval Chief, Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila, with Nishan-i-Imtiaz (M) here at Aiwan-e-Sadr during a special investiture ceremony.

The ceremony was attended among others by Ch. Ahmed Mukhtar, Federal Minister for Defence, Dr. Firdous Ashiq Awan, Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Finance Minister Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh, Makhdoom Amin Fahim, Federal Minister for Commerce, Mr. M. Salman Faruqui, Secretary General to the President, General Khalid Shameem Wynne, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC), Army chief General Ashfaq Pervaiz Kiyani, Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, senior officials and officers from the armed forces.

The citation read on the occasion said that Nishan-i-Imtaiz (M) was being conferred upon the Naval Chief in recognition of his long meritorious services.

Admiral Muhammad Asif Sandila is also recipient of the award of Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Chevalier de I’ Ordre National de Merite.

PPP has always been kind to the navy :D

I still dont understand the criteria for many of the senior officers I meet and their medals.
I understand a medal for serving in conflict.. for good conduct.
but why do you get one for becoming a Chief??
I would expect a Nishan-e-Imtiaz given for say.. leading a successful anti-terror force..or in the Navy's case being crucial in CTF-150 or something.. what was the criteria on which he got NI?

I still dont understand the criteria for many of the senior officers I meet and their medals.
I understand a medal for serving in conflict.. for good conduct.
but why do you get one for becoming a Chief??
I would expect a Nishan-e-Imtiaz given for say.. leading a successful anti-terror force..or in the Navy's case being crucial in CTF-150 or something.. what was the criteria on which he got NI?

Ahem,,,
Naughty boy ....
PPP .... Navy ..... don't you still get it ?

At times I am surprised we have some thing called the navy.

Webby should consider closing this section down or some thing.

How disgusting and shameless---. Well that was his reward for letting the P3 be destroyed and getting the base to be attacked by the terrorists.

MK not Sandhila -- it was the other guy;-) He seems to be a more competent individual tha nthe last one.

How disgusting and shameless---. Well that was his reward for letting the P3 be destroyed and getting the base to be attacked by the terrorists.

Well.. no that was the last guy..He was taken to task I tell you.
He was punished with a nice 6 bungalow house in two different housing societies.. and a BMW.

The President wants to save his a$$ just by showing his sincereness to the military. This is all politics.... :coffee:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom