What's new

President calls for promotion of book reading culture

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
4048451481612093986.jpg

President Dr Arif Alvi has called for promotion of book reading culture to enhance knowledge and suppress biases.

In a video message, while sharing his best 10 reads of 2020, the President said he studied books on current affairs and computer sciences and tried to disseminate his knowledge to the masses through his speeches.

He said the people should also read the useful material of their choice.

The President put at top a book "Revelations" by Meraj Mohiuddin presenting a wide variety of scholarly viewpoints on the story of Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and Qur'anic revelation.

He also strongly recommended books, including Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli, "Upheaval: Turning Points for Nations in Crisis" by Jared Diamond, "Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty" by Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson and other books on different subjects.

President calls for promotion of book reading culture (radio.gov.pk)

He is promoting protocol culture for dogs more staunchly though.

4048451481612093986.jpg

President Dr Arif Alvi has called for promotion of book reading culture to enhance knowledge and suppress biases.

In a video message, while sharing his best 10 reads of 2020, the President said he studied books on current affairs and computer sciences and tried to disseminate his knowledge to the masses through his speeches.

He said the people should also read the useful material of their choice.

The President put at top a book "Revelations" by Meraj Mohiuddin presenting a wide variety of scholarly viewpoints on the story of Holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and Qur'anic revelation.

He also strongly recommended books, including Art of Thinking Clearly by Rolf Dobelli, "Upheaval: Turning Points for Nations in Crisis" by Jared Diamond, "Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity, and Poverty" by Daron Acemoglu and James Robinson and other books on different subjects.

President calls for promotion of book reading culture (radio.gov.pk)
Audiobooks are more effective tbh...
Funny that people like you fell for propaganda...

This is what happens when you don't do the research. Entire family was in the car. Dog was just watching out from the window. Secondly it was Governor not President. But yet again you never bothered to do research.
1612112485702.png

I am reading this one.
Audiobooks are more effective tbh...

Funny that people like you fell for propaganda...
I prefer to have book in my hand and read myself instead of listening to audiobook.

This is what happens when you don't do the research. Entire family was in the car. Dog was just watching out from the window. Secondly it was Governor not President. But yet again you never bothered to do research.
View attachment 712209

I am reading this one.

I prefer to have book in my hand and read myself instead of listening to audiobook.

Well frankly i dnt bother to research useless things but ill take ur word. I guess the governor must be ganja or peeplya?
Sorry disnt mean to derail.
Tired of others, have gotten into books about imams. Very fascinating.

IMG_20210131_235713.jpg

That's certainly much more productive activity than wasting time on tiktok and video games.

I just started this book today. It's been an interesting read so far.
View attachment 712192
Man, i am trying to open that book for some time now. It still rest in my book shelf haha
any free sites for audio and books to download?
Pdfdrive.net
Archive.org
You can also like fb group named kutab khana

Some people also pirate music streaming services like Spotify :pleasantry:
I also have music that I have pirated myself incase internet services ever get shut down :dirol:. I mostly use Youtube for music.

I also have music that I have pirated myself incase internet services ever get shut down :dirol:. I mostly use Youtube for music.

YouTube is a good place for music. I mainly use Spotify premium and Deezer HD And listen to a lot of high resolution audio on my digital audio player.

Not sure if either of those services are legally available in Pakistan tho.

YouTube is a good place for music. I mainly use Spotify premium and Deezer HD And listen to a lot of high resolution audio on my digital audio player.

Not sure if either of those services are legally available in Pakistan tho.
Deezer has been operating in Pakistan for a quite while and Spotify just entered the Pakistani market in late February of this year. Deezer is so much better simply due to its higher audio quality. Pakistanis including me also use a Pakistani music streaming service called Patari.

Back
Top Bottom