What's new

President attends reception at British High Commission

Dance

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari here on Friday visited British High Commission to mark the events of Queen Elizabeth’s 85th birthday and wedding of Prince Williams and Catherine Middleton in London.

Speaking at the reception arranged by British High Commission, the President expressed his best wishes for the newly married couple and prayed for happiness in their future.

He said it is a very happy moment for the British royal family and the people of Pakistan share their happiness.

President Asif Ali Zardari cut a cake to mark the momentous occasion in the presence of British Higher Commissioner Adam Thomson.

State Minister for Foreign Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar, federal ministers, parliamentarians, diplomats, senior officers and people from various walks of life were among the guests.

Thomson said, “the two happy events mark the start of a tremendously exciting period for the UK and the Commonwealth.”

“The Queen’s birthday is also an occasion to reflect on the close ties that bind UK and Pakistan. These ties were forged by history. It is a partnership that is set to become more vital and important,” he added.

President attends reception at British High Commission | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Zardari-543.jpg

President Asif Ali Zardari cuts the cake to celebrate the Queen's 85th Birthday and of the Royal Wedding between Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton, during ceremony at UK Embassy in Islamabad on Friday, April 29, 2011. - File Photo

Zardari-543.jpg

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari here on Friday visited British High Commission to mark the events of Queen Elizabeth’s 85th birthday and wedding of Prince Williams and Catherine Middleton in London.

Speaking at the reception arranged by British High Commission, the President expressed his best wishes for the newly married couple and prayed for happiness in their future.

He said it is a very happy moment for the British royal family and the people of Pakistan share their happiness.

President Asif Ali Zardari cut a cake to mark the momentous occasion in the presence of British Higher Commissioner Adam Thomson.

State Minister for Foreign Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar, federal ministers, parliamentarians, diplomats, senior officers and people from various walks of life were among the guests.

Thomson said, “the two happy events mark the start of a tremendously exciting period for the UK and the Commonwealth.”

“The Queen’s birthday is also an occasion to reflect on the close ties that bind UK and Pakistan. These ties were forged by history. It is a partnership that is set to become more vital and important,” he added.

http://www.dawn.com/2011/04/29/president-attends-reception-at-british-high-commission.html

:lol:

I have a feeing these pictures and news clippings will be sent directly to the queen with the message, keep us in your thoughts, we will be with you soon in London my Queen.

:cheers:

I even saw a couple of Pakistani's walking around the cathedral, they all came to eat probably.

Its odd that I wasn't invited.

I'd be interested, if Zardari ever comes across Kate Middleton.
Wonder if he'd be able to pull a Sarah Palin on her !

I'd be interested, if Zardari ever comes across Kate Middleton.
Wonder if he'd be able to pull a Sarah Palin on her !

Kate Middleton is already quite old. And you know what happens to women's looks after they get married.

Back
Top Bottom