What's new

Preparations on for super-sonic BrahMos testfiring

Surprising that a "senior member" can have such a limited understanding. The trials that are being carried out are a part of the contineous fine tuning of the missile system.

Brahmos has been inducted into both IN and IA. It is such an old news; I don't even feel like giving you the links!

In 2007 their was a news that Indian Army To induct Brahmos this year:

Indian Army to get BrahMos missile this year: Pillai.

Then in 2009 their was a news that indian army Indian Army refuses to induct BrahMos missile:

Indian Army refuses to induct BrahMos missile

Army wanted BrahMos to achieve high standards of accuracy | The Hindu
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interview of Brahmos Aerospace CEO:
5/27/2010

AW: Could you please give an update on the program? How many missiles (squadrons) have the Army and Navy inducted?

A.S.P.: As you are aware, the development of both antiship and land-attack versions of BrahMos had been completed successfully and we are in the process of delivering the systems to the Navy and Army. Recently, contracts have been signed for induction of the mobile complex for Indian Army and Indian Air Force. Further orders are in the pipeline. The number of systems will depend on the force strength the services need to have.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blog...79a7Post:f09651dc-a95d-4230-b87a-34f27288d46c

PS: Their were surly problems with Brahmos and I doubt it is fully operational yet.

Last edited:
^have you read the interview above? In May 2010 CEO is saying that it is still to be inducted in army and Navy!

Then in 2009 their was news that indian army Indian Army refuses to induct BrahMos missile:

Nice source...

Anyways, your link itself says that problem was with vertical launch version and not with regular one. Army and Navy already have operational Brahmos, it's just that they need improved versions too, as your third link states.

A highly accurate version is under testing. Watch the youtube video of 2nd post, and you will know how accurate it is.

Some testing is done to integrate it on Su 30mki, so you will hear lot of testing work going on.

Meanwhile, there are operational versions of Brahmos without any problems already.

In 2007 their was news that Indian Army To induct Brahmos this year:

Then in 2009 their was news that indian army Indian Army refuses to induct BrahMos missile:

PS: Their were surly problems with Brahmos and I doubt it is fully operational yet.

HI Waqas...Can you please elaborate a bit more on bolded part???

This is what your link showed

Vice Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Noble Thamburaj, said Army had enhanced its aspirations and wanted the BrahMos to achieve high standards of accuracy.

All is past tense..IN other words Army wanted Brahmos to fire more accurately and the 3 test conducted proved it...

This below para further asserts on above conclusion

He said the last three trials have been to test the effectiveness of the new sensor.

"On behalf of the Army, I would like to congratulate the scientists for conducting an extremely successful third test of BrahMos," he said.

In fact all this talk is about Brahmos-II with a new seeker and even that seems to have been solved to the level of expectations of end-users...so not sure where is the confusion???

^^ I know man!

It is not funny only when it is said by an american!:hitwall:

First, go search how many cruise missiles are there.

Then, find out how many of them are supersonic.

Then compare the list......and you will feel real funny for the rest of the day!

Keep your history to yourself. I was only referring to the statement, "world best supersonic cruise missile". :popcorn:

^have you read the interview above? In May 2010 CEO is saying that it is still to be inducted in army and Navy!

Read again carefully.

The process of inducting the new Block-II land attack version of the 290-km range missile would begin soon, he said. "The process (of induction) will now start. Because now after carrying out the three field trials, the army is absolutely satisfied," he said on the sidelines of a seminar on Fire Power organised by Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS).

new Block-II

In 2007 their was a news that Indian Army To induct Brahmos this year:

The missile was successfully tested with new capabilities for the Indian Army in the deserts of Rajasthan, test range near Pokharan (December 2004 & March 2007). It was inducted into the army on June 21, 2007

Then in 2009 their was a news that indian army Indian Army refuses to induct BrahMos missile:

Sorry, you just shown be link of allvoices. If you don't allvoices is user edited site. I tried to check the backhand proof and no other media reporting it. I am sure it would have reported if the news have been de facto true.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interview of Brahmos Aerospace CEO:
5/27/2010

AW: Could you please give an update on the program? How many missiles (squadrons) have the Army and Navy inducted?

Care to read after title given at hindu.com website. I will post it for you..

New Delhi (PTI): The three trials of BrahMos cruise missile were aimed at testing the effectiveness of the new special sensor integrated in the missile to hit the desired target in an urban environment accurately, a top army officer said on Monday.

Vice Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Noble Thamburaj, said Army had enhanced its aspirations and wanted the BrahMos to achieve high standards of accuracy.

"Accuracy was the mantra. We had wanted a special sensor to be integrated in the missile so that it can hit the desired target accurately from among similar kind of targets in an urban environment," he told reporters on the sidelines of a defence seminar here.

He said the last three trials have been to test the effectiveness of the new sensor.

"On behalf of the Army, I would like to congratulate the scientists for conducting an extremely successful third test of BrahMos," he said.

A.S.P.: As you are aware, the development of both antiship and land-attack versions of BrahMos had been completed successfully and we are in the process of delivering the systems to the Navy and Army. Recently, contracts have been signed for induction of the mobile complex for Indian Army and Indian Air Force. Further orders are in the pipeline. The number of systems will depend on the force strength the services need to have.

Hypersonic BrahMos Missile Ready for Testing by 2015: CEO

Care to read headline - Hypersonic BrahMos Missile Ready for Testing by 2015: CEO

Keep your history to yourself.

Do not resort to personal attacks. You can critisize my post if you think it is wrong. No need to go for snide remarks!

I was only referring to the statement, "world best supersonic cruise missile".

You said it was funny. I fail to find anything funny in this. Going by your posts in this thread, you seem to be extremely ignorant about brahmos. I just objected to that!:wave:

On topic, do we have any information about what are the objectives of this trial?
Which version are they going to test, under what conditions?

P.S. No need to bring nationality in this debate. I object to the ignorant posts, doesn't matter if the poster is "desi" or "Videsi"!

Last edited:
cool,pakistani posing like american..and that too desi word...

to make sure he is Indo-american...
hahahahahahahahah
people know why u can't keep ur own flag..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

WTF!

HE IS AN INDIAN & HE HIMSELF ADMITTED THIS ON A THREAD ABOUT PAKISTAN INDIA CRICKET MATCH

Jumping in to conclusions without knowing any thing is not good:rolleyes:

& on that thread your own countrymen were bullying him for not showing an indian flag & were accusing him that he is ASHAMED OF :P showing 1 indian flag :lol:

Last edited:
Isn't the newer variant of Brahmos capable of hypersonic flight? Why call it supersonic?

Isn't the newer variant of Brahmos capable of hypersonic flight? Why call it supersonic?

Not yet...Hypersonic version is still in dev mode....I know names are confusing but this is how it is

Brahmos Block I - Supersonic Missile
Brahmos Block II - Supersonic Missile with better seeker and other improvements
Brahmos II - Hypersonic Missile and still in development mode....

Hope it clarifies...

Back
Top Bottom