What's new

Premadasa threatened war with India, says former envoy

Well..I dont know you in real life.We belong to enemy nations and hold different POVs and hence there will be times when we not only dont agree but dont like the other chap's comment.But what we can do is to be calm and not fight like dogs and cats.

Since you love the first word of my username let me tell you its because i want to remind myself to never get emotional in a arguement and the second word is my profession.

All we can do is to maintain a good standard even when getting on someones nerve.The personal attacks really dont help.

Since you and me mostly comment in the same threads its important for you to get my point.

Lastly,dont take anything seriously such things happen and continue the good work.

Happy Landings!

Roger.....

LOL..i cant win an argument with a guy reading Pakistani textbooks.

Is youtube working at your place mate?...coz if you want i will post a few videos including the one in which Nawaz Sharif was telling a gathering who was really on top in Kargil.

Is youtube working at your end, cause I too can post videos of your Army chief's take on the Kargil war how you lost it. And lost you did, even though you had a 8:1 ratio of men on the ground in your favour and 10 squadrons of IAF. Furthermore, could you dare cross even an inch in to Pakistan? If 4k fighters did that, imagine what 400k would do!

And again in 02, the best you could do was to call up 800,000 soldiers at the border, only to quiver at the sight of PakMil and to withdraw unilaterally!

Sounds like typical Indian bullying of smaller neighbors. Thank god for Pakistan.

Well, others only get bullied. Pakistan gets to lose territory in a conflict with India - from Kashmir to Siachen. Thought about it from that perspective?
India may bully Bangladesh for example, but we are also willing to cede over 10,000 acres of land to them in a boundary settlement. We would never do that with Pakistan. You have lost the most compared to any neighbour of India who has been bullied or not.

Such Indian arrogance can only be expressed against small countries.

Come threaten Pakistan, and India will get a war, the likes of which they haven't seen since Mahabharata.

In any case, Sri Lanka is not the same country as it was then. In the aftermath of its major victory against Indian supported terrorists LTTE, it has emerged more confidant and more powerful than ever before.

It has more powerful friends in the region than ever before - ever threatening India was never Sri Lanka's friend in the first place.

And there is no Hanuman in current India and infact, Rawan shifted to India from Lanka a long time ago.

And the Indian Rawan will lose big if it dares to even threaten Sri Lanka now. As the time passes, Sri Lanka would become even more powerful and out of India's threat reach.

Ask your President.............How he felt when he received Fake phone call from PM office soon after Bombay attacks.

Ask your President.............How he felt when he received Fake phone call from PM office soon after Bombay attacks.

He was sleeping at the time. Indian PM thought it was a tigers voice,so instead sent dossiers

Well, others only get bullied. Pakistan gets to lose territory in a conflict with India - from Kashmir to Siachen. Thought about it from that perspective?
India may bully Bangladesh for example, but we are also willing to cede over 10,000 acres of land to them in a boundary settlement. We would never do that with Pakistan. You have lost the most compared to any neighbour of India who has been bullied or not.

Nothing to be proud of - your own capabilities had nothing to do with it and the fact that you have never been able to either bully us nor take away territory in direct head on conflicts is what I am thankful for Pakistan.

India aankhein dikhata hai toh agay se ghoori parhti hai.

Nothing to be proud of - your own capabilities had nothing to do with it and the fact that you have never been able to either bully us nor take away territory in direct head on conflicts is what I am thankful for Pakistan.

India aankhein dikhata hai toh agay se ghoori parhti hai.

Well our capabilities have something to do with it. Had it not been our forces Pakistan would have the whole of Kashmir and Siachen. They do not. Despite numerous attempts even after 1947. Think about it. India is quite posessive about land. Yet we are willing to cede such a big amount to BD. What does that signal?

Maybe had Pakistan not tried so hard and not fought wars or done a Kargil, we could have in a peace agreement settled land rows?

There is direct evidence to support my assertion. The ONLY reason today, India is not agreeing with what Pakistan wants in Siachen ie a withdrawal to pre 1984 position is because of Kargil. Had you not done a Kargil to take Siachen by force, we would have been out of Siachen in a treaty last year. You tell me, India is there, Pakistan is not. Pakistan wants us out. Who lost out?

Well our capabilities have something to do with it. Had it not been our forces Pakistan would have the whole of Kashmir and Siachen. They do not. Despite numerous attempts even after 1947. Think about it. India is quite posessive about land. Yet we are willing to cede such a big amount to BD. What does that signal?

Maybe had Pakistan not tried so hard and not fought wars or done a Kargil, we could have in a peace agreement settled land rows?
There is direct evidence to support my assertion. The ONLY reason today, India is not agreeing with what Pakistan wants in Siachen ie a withdrawal to pre 1984 position is because of Kargil. Had you not done a Kargil to take Siachen by force, we would have been out of Siachen in a treaty last year. You tell me, who lost out? India is there, Pakistan is not. Pakistan wants us out.

Bahanay.

After decades, this is getting old.

You did squat before Kargil too.

Bahanay.

After decades, this is getting old.

See mate. You are free to feel what you like.
What we did or did not do before Kargil is not the question. Peace has its time. We have launched no operation on Pakistan before or after '71. Just the one. It takes time to build trust for peace.

The time is/was now. You would have had IA vacate Siachen last year or maybe this year had PA not decided to try and use force. Who is to say that the same would not have been the case about other wars that Pakistan started?

Infact a prudent nation changes its policy once it realizes that one strategy is not yielding its desired results. Tell me, Pakistan's policy of taking land by direct military intervention or indirect non state actors has yielded one inch of land for Pakistan since 1947? A smart nation would have realizes and changed to try something else other than force. No? You keep losing out by your own fixation of self percieved effort of 'standing up to India'.

You did squat before Kargil too.
The onus is on Pakistan to find a means to get us to vacate. We already hold that land. Why should we do anything. Only question is , what has Pakistan done to 'stand up to India' that has yielded one inch of land from us that Pakistan wants?

BD on the other hand is on the way of getting so much land from us. Were they more effective in getting from us what they wanted? Yes?

How about we ask your president, prime minsiter, chief of the army staff and so on what they felt when they saw PakMil at the border in '02? Well, we don't really have to ask anything as we all know who stayed put at the border for months only to withdraw (retreat actually) unilaterally and unconditionally!

Sounds like typical Indian bullying of smaller neighbors. Thank god for Pakistan.

Your statement makes no sense. Pakistan is a "smaller neighbour" of India, that has arguably been bullied more than any other so called "smaller neighbours" of India like Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan or Sri Lanka. Don't know why you randomly need to validate the existence of your country for that.

Back
Top Bottom