What's new

Preliminary work started on Lahore-Karachi Motorway

SBD-3

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
p8_15.jpg

1-Chinese Firm selected for conducting survey. Will work alongside NHA for designing the route.
2-Hassan Abdal-Haweliyan Motorway Action-Plan also prepared.
3-50 Cities will be directly connected to KHI-LHR motorway while link roads will be established to connect more cities to this.
4-Chinese company will propose three routes.
5-Government has set 3 Months deadline for completion of route design and initial survey. PC-1 and feasibility will follow.
6-Work will be started from next year on the project.
7-Government is contacting different Financial Institutions for the funding.

Last edited:
you forgot M99 the link from raiwind to the ganjas estate in vilayet and its off shoot M98 linkg from larkana to the shtooo )chateau( of you know how in france....

you forgot M99 the link from raiwind to the ganjas estate in vilayet and its off shoot M98 linkg from larkana to the shtooo )chateau( of you know how in france....
hahahaha hater. Keep hating burger bachay. Your leader has brainwashed you trolls so bad that you are now starting to oppose development of our country. What a sad life you PTI trolls have.

law and order and economy should be priority not the highways

Gwadar%20-%20Glob-Biz%20Avenue%20-%20Presentation%20-%2022.JPG

why not connect Quetta as well. hope this project is worked out as soon as possible.

I agree.
BTW Khuzdar and Quetta are already with a highway standard road, which can be easily upgraded to a motorway.

I wish Railway was fixed on a priority basis. All that is wished to be accomplished can better be done by improving Railway at less than half the cost and double the dividend.

I am not against the development obviously, but I think that priorities are skewed. Partly the reason for such haste for Motorways is probably the escalation in real estate prices as the result of development. Some people would mint a lot of money. The money minting by PPP would dwarf in comparison. This is not necessarily as bad a rip-off as PPP deals, but this would propel a class of super rich to even higher levels. This is the way PML works and though it is not as wrong as robberies committed by PPP stalwarts, it is wrong nonetheless. The classic thing about greater evil and lesser evil.

Within a few years the skewed results of current pro-growth policies would ensure an electoral end of PML-N success. PTI trolls need not spew lies and poison. People will vote PML-N out as the result of its policies.

I wish Railway was fixed on a priority basis. All that is wished to be accomplished can better be done by improving Railway at less than half the cost and double the dividend.

I am not against the development obviously, but I think that priorities are skewed. Partly the reason for such haste for Motorways is probably the escalation in real estate prices as the result of development. Some people would mint a lot of money. The money minting by PPP would dwarf in comparison. This is not necessarily as bad a rip-off as PPP deals, but this would propel a class of super rich to even higher levels. This is the way PML works and though it is not as wrong as robberies committed by PPP stalwarts, it is wrong nonetheless. The classic thing about greater evil and lesser evil.

Within a few years the skewed results of current pro-growth policies would ensure an electoral end of PML-N success. PTI trolls need not spew lies and poison. People will vote PML-N out as the result of its policies.
Dollar for dollar, returns on investment in Rail would be higher than the returns on Highways because Railways give a boost to industry.

However as you said, land prices would be far higher in the case of highways and whoever owns them would profit massively.

Dollar for dollar, returns on investment in Rail would be higher than the returns on Highways because Railways give a boost to industry.

However as you said, land prices would be far higher in the case of highways and whoever owns them would profit massively.

Well said

We need both of these. Highways and good rail system. One should not be used to kill the other.

Let NS build motorways.

I am sure

IK will be PM IN 2018 and he will build railways.

We need another motorway which connect Islamabad-Lahore through Gujrat-Gujrawala :argh:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom