What's new

Predator drones flown from base in Pakistan: US Senator ! WHO IS LYING

jacobabad AFB! my guess!

This Google Image is misleading & doctored at best. Although the coordinates point to the PAF Airbase Shahbaz, but the markings on the runway, the buildings/ infrastructure etc do not match to that of the latest imagery of PAF Base Shahbaz available on Google Earth. Secondly, the imgae is from year 2006 at which time Google Earth has images more than 2 years old. Hence anotehr explanation could be the time when USAF was using the base in early 2002-2004 or thereabouts at which time they were using Reapers UAV's for Afghanistan Surveillance as the bases in Afghanistan were not up and running to their prime.

- I don't think that is too likely. It is still seen as 'Americas War'.

- I am surprised that there haven't already been mass demonstrations, if the people are not satisfied with the govt.

I think the rallies taken out by the religious groups (cartoon controversy) and the lawyers movement tend to exaggerate the tendency of Pakistanis to 'take to the street'.

They are flashed onto TV screens world wide, flags and effigies burning, angry men chanting and cursing, but put for a moment the largest of those rallies (a few thousand at best) into the context of 170 million people, and often rallies in cities with populations over five million.

Pakistan is not quite as 'hot headed' as it may seem.

I agree with S-2 - this national discourse is long overdue, and unless the GoP seeks to finally own it, control it and shape it, someone else will (and already is). I don't anticipate mass rallies by Pakistanis becasue even many of those critical of the 'US WoT" realize there is something inherently wrong with the extremist threat.

What can push them over is revelations like these, and attempts to continue to sweep the situation under the carpet. If the GoP ends up being as badly discredited as Musharraf, there may be no choice by for Nawaz Sharif to take to the streets and force a change of guard ...

"I don't think that is too likely. It is still seen as 'Americas War'."

The discussion will open all the scabs.

What happened in 2001-2002. Did we aborgate our sovereignty then? Did we want to do so? Did we know what might happen in Afghanistan if so? Do we want THAT-then or now?

If we don't want that foreign army on our soil, can we do something about it now? How and what costs and benefits to our nation?

"How and what costs..." worries me. We've seen one substantive military operation to date in Bajaur. SWAT obviously is consuming, right now, the best part of a division of troops without noticable effect. You're likely looking at BIG and enduring military operations throughout FATA.

Does your public understand that? Do they imagine the difference between PREDATOR and Loe Sam? Can they imagine the refugees from such operations? Does the government have any reason to believe it would be different, easier in the Waziristans or the Quetta area?

It's like the mechanic says in a parts commercial for FRAM oil filters- "You can pay me today or pay me tomorrow."

We are way, way behind the eight-ball on either side of the border. Too many tough decisions deferred "indefinitely".

The next three months are absolutely HUGE for Pakistan's future. We'll know a ton about matters by the end of May.

Thanks for all the info...Its really nice..But we shouldnt be too surprised..If we are sacrificing our own men n using army n airforce in FATA to further American war on terror,then allowing them to use airfields is a small thing.
N if we tink there r no innocent casualties in Pakistani operations then its quite silly.We certainly haven got more precise n sharp weapons than the Americans...
Lying to the people is a serious thing but then when did we have an open progressive democracy.
Unfortunately the state of our economy has not left us with much room to negotiate...But for US money, Zardari would be thrown out in a month.NO reason for him y he wouldnt support US.They keeping him in power..people will see him once in 5 years only...

But another " adil hokmran and Muglia Shahzada" Nawaz Sharrif is waiting in line to rule again, who is taking dictation from Mullah groups and Saudies.

wahabism will come full circle!

But another " adil hokmran and Muglia Shahzada" Nawaz Sharrif is waiting in line to rule again, who is taking dictation from Mullah groups and Saudies.

wahabism will come full circle!
How much wahabism have we seen when he was the prime minister?

Its been known long time ago, Predator stationed in Pakistan, NWFP and Balchistan. Before they used to operate from Jacobabad. And they are operated by both Pak and US intelligence services. Whats big deal about that.

THE Deal is that Pakistani gov is using its own soil to launch attack on its citizen, thats the "bIG" deal.

All of them are sell outs.

our government is 2-faced
but then again we dont know what kind of opposition and problems it is facing

Senator Dianne Feinstein was member of Senate's Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee, but she was kicked out due to corruption charges:

“Critics have argued that Feinstein's support, as a member of the Senate's Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee, of policies that may benefit her husband may raise the appearance of a conflict of interest.”

Dianne Feinstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Senator Dianne Feinstein is the head of Senate Intelligence Committee but she was not even consulted for the appointment of the CIA director:
"I was not informed about the selection of Leon Panetta to be the CIA director," Feinstein said.

Panetta a surprise pick to run the CIA - Los Angeles Times

Senator Dianne Feinstein is Jewish who strongly support Israel and India. She was the main speaker at a rally supporting Israel against Lebanon in 2006:

“Feinstein did not mince words, and gave one of the strongest pro-Israel speeches I've ever heard from an American politician.`

Solidarity With Israel Rally

I DON’T TRUST A WORD THAT SHE IS SAYING AND I WOULD SUGGEST THE SAME TO YOU AS WELL.

A.M. and I have both been saying this since last February. Agreement in place and being flown from locations in Pakistan.

I KNEW IT!! Feinstein is completely believable.

hey me too!:cheers:

Me too. We discussed it in the Management section last year when the first major drone attack occurred. According to my source the drones took off from PEW AFB back then with prior notification. :coffee:

I DON’T TRUST A WORD THAT SHE IS SAYING AND I WOULD SUGGEST THE SAME TO YOU AS WELL
The connection is clear. She is pro-Israeli Zionist who, by making this statement (which by the way I also believe) is only creating a rift between the GoP and Pakistani public. This is a very claculated move to de-stabilize Pakistan even more than it currently is.

Does anybody know who H. Khan is and where this might have come from-

S 2,

H Khan is a member of pakdef.info---on a side note---there was no love lost between him and I for the short time I was there---I told him once that he was the king of PASTE & POST---him---didnot like it very much.

Pak bases not being used, says Mukhtar

LAHORE: Defence Minister Ahmad Mukhtar has denied that US drone attacks in the Tribal Areas are being carried out from Pakistani airbases. “We do have the facilities from where they can fly, but they are not being flown from Pakistani territory. They are being flown from Afghanistan,” he told a private TV channel. About comments by the US Senate Intelligence Committee chairwoman, Mukhtar said, “I do not know on what she based all this.” daily times monitor

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom