What's new

Prasad one of the candidates for Australian bowling coach

luckyyy

Reaction score
Melbourne, Oct 24 (IANS) Former Indian seamer and coach Venkatesh Prasad has emerged as a candidate to replace Australian bowling coach Troy Cooley after the World Cup next year.
Cooley has been appointed the head of the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane which has left Cricket Australia looking for a new man to replace him.

'I would certainly consider it, it would definitely be an honour to share your expertise and be part of a very good team in Australia,' Prasad was quoted as saying in the Herald Sun Sunday.

'It is nice to know that people are thinking about me as an option.'

Prasad was the bowling coach of the Indian team and has more recently been employed by the Indian Premier League's Chennai Super Kings.

'They've (Australia) got some wonderful bowlers, but they lack the vast experience that they had before,' he said.

'They need to work on more consistency, I feel it is not just about the talent,' Prasad said.

'Against a batting line-up of the quality of India's, batsmen who are very good against spin and also on pitches that don't offer much encouragement to the pace bowlers, they were not showing a lot of patience.'

'It can be important in those situations to have your plans and wait for things to happen - if you try to do too much you will provide scoring opportunities for the batsmen,' Prasad said.

Prasad one of the candidates for Australian bowling coach | Cricket News - Yahoo! Cricket

hahahahaha what a funny news did all aussie greats have died thats why they want a bowler which always got threashed on the park

If John Buchanan can coach Australian team whats wrong in Prasad coaching?

I don't think you guys know what coaching is about. Siddons, Woolmer, Whatmore, Fletcher or Neilson.. Do you guys know about these people as players?

Ramakant Achrekar coached Sachin.. does it mean that he played better than Sachin or does it even mean that he played cricket at the highest level. He did not even represent zonal level.

Its Amazing to see the way you reply.

I will love him for this match -
1996 World Cup - 2nd quarter final - India v Pakistan - Bangalore

http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/65187.html

Last edited by a moderator:
sir prasad is midokar bowler and we have seen his coaching with indian team indian team still lacks good fast bowlers even after his coaching india is best in scoring runs but bowling is not an indian job i dont say india dont have good bowler they have good bowler but they dont have legend bowlers other than one Kapil dev who was allrounder too

there are lot of money involved now in cricket , no body like to construct a pitch which give result in 3 days and cricket board losses the revenues for the two remaining days...

so , even ausses need to learn to bowl on test match pitches going to run for 5 days...those old days of fast-bowncing pitches won't be around , even in australia..

if they are looking for a bowling coach who is having best idea on bowling on such batting pitchs ...no surprise .... Prasad is a condidate...

Back
Top Bottom