What's new

Prahaar Missile to be test-fired on Sunday

Prahaar Pic:-

Indian_anti-ballistic-missile.jpg

thats the Israeli Arrow 2 ABM they offered that to India but USA stopped the deal we might still get it though unless USA stops deal again

This picture is of the concept TEL model of Nirbhay Cruise Missile...displaying a quadruple launcher...

It is evident from the round nose and booster motor attached at the bottom of the missile...

Prahaar can never be considered a response to Nasr,because it is impossible to develop a weapons system within 3 months...Deveolpment on both Nasr and Prahaar started around the same time...also Prahaar appears to be more advanced than Nasr,because of more range and multiple stages...

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Lol....this is the Israeli Arrow ABM...

yeah Prahar is more advanced but will serve in the same battle field tactical missile role using a low yield nuclear warhead HE or even a regular 50-200kt warhead for strategic purposes i guess its really a less capable complement to the existing Prithvi missile

Please spare me from that one....Labs around the world have proven themselves...they have decades of experience behind them...and when they say they can do it ...most often than not...they will pull it off....shall we say the same is the case with DRDO....DRDO is still in its infancy...it is still struggling with baby steps .....best is do the work and let the hardwork talk about you....

inferiority complex.

:rofl: One of the most funny post here. nuclear submarine , SLBM , ballistic missile defence , electronic warfare, sonars, surface to air missiles , third generation antitank missile , tank all these are baby steps. and the labs around the world already on the mars. :lol: do not talk if you do not know.

Are nuclear missiles normally test fired, with the explosion happening in the ocean?
Yep! But there's no explosion as they have dummy warheads - same weight , same size. You can't be testing nuclear warheads, for God's sake!

inferiority complex.

:rofl: One of the most funny post here. nuclear submarine , SLBM , ballistic missile defence , electronic warfare, sonars, surface to air missiles , third generation antitank missile , tank all these are baby steps. and the labs around the world already on the mars. :lol: do not talk if you do not know.

Please dont talk out of your @ss...if you do not know ....When was nuclear submarine declared to the world ? Only after India constructed it..Did DRDO or governement official came out and said that 'Hey we are going to Launch a nuke submarine in the next 1 year' ? ..Did they ? No...Why do you think that is ? Hmmm what about K - series of missiles ? Did they announce that ? No they went and quietly did their work...What about electronic warfare....did they ever declare that to the world....we all know about 'MAYAVI'....but do we know what is it..but we know that DARE is working on something .........

what others are you talking about...what anti-tank missile..ohh you must be referring to Nag.. - ones that have not been inducted by Indian army ? After hmm lets say more than 2 decades of development ...if you wont call that baby steps, then what exactly would you call that....DRDO has a long way to go - before it can be considered a competent defence agency......till then work hard and work silently.......anyways best of luck to the prahaar....

Please dont talk out of your @ss...if you do not know ....When was nuclear submarine declared to the world ? Only after India constructed it..Did DRDO or governement official came out and said that 'Hey we are going to Launch a nuke submarine in the next 1 year' ? ..Did they ? No...Why do you think that is ? Hmmm what about K - series of missiles ? Did they announce that ? No they went and quietly did their work...What about electronic warfare....did they ever declare that to the world....we all know about 'MAYAVI'....but do we know what is it..but we know that DARE is working on something .........

what others are you talking about...what anti-tank missile..ohh you must be referring to Nag.. - ones that have not been inducted by Indian army ? After hmm lets say more than 2 decades of development ...if you wont call that baby steps, then what exactly would you call that....DRDO has a long way to go - before it can be considered a competent defence agency......till then work hard and work silently.......anyways best of luck to the prahaar....

Are all American NRIs fell such inferiority complex like you? I think so. Get a life. All your lies and ignorance can be refuted in a minute with delays and cost over run in those famous labs but do not want to waste on you. Stop lying.

shiv aroor reporting

New Missile 'Prahaar' Debut Testfire Tomorrow
India's newest missile, Prahaar, is scheduled to be test-fired tomorrow from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) on the country's eastern seaboard. The missile (the existence of which had been unknown until a few weeks ago) has been officially described as a quick reaction surface to surface weapon that will be road-mobile, cannisterised and in a six-missile per unit configuration. Nothing else is officially known, though there has been -- and continues to be -- a great deal of speculation over what the missile's antecedents are. The DRDO has said the missile has been in development for four years. Stay tuned for updates tomorrow.

Here are some more details of the Prahar. Though forwarded by Prasun Sengupta, this time he seems to have done his homework!

Prahar.jpg

The Israeli EXTRA shown above. Since the IDF had decided to forego the LORA in favour of
the EXTRA, the Indian Army too decided in favour of the EXTRA's design/performance
parameters. Subsequently, a military-industrial cooperation plan was put into effect for producing the EXTRA in India with 'Indian characteristics', and rechristened PRAHAR.

The solid-fuelled ‘Prahaar’ surface-to-surface battlefield support missile, is destined to replace about 350-odd existing Prithvi SS-150 liquid-fuelled battlefield interdiction missiles that are now nearing the end of their service lives. The ‘Prahaar’ will come packed in a six-unit pod configuration on board a high-mobility BEML-TATRA wheeled vehicle housing both a SATCOM-equipped command-and-control shelter as well as a transporter-erector-launcher mechanism designed by Larsen & Toubro.

The ‘Prahaar’ follows a relatively simple three-element design, comprising a warhead in the fore section, propulsion unit, including the solid-fuel rocket motor with a nozzle. The nozzle is encircled by the navigation, flight control and guidance unit, which includes the integrated avionic guidance and flight control section, cruciform tail control surfaces, actuators, related antennas and connectors. The ‘Prahaar’ can be launched within few minutes, from unprepared positions. In fact, any target whose location is known within the range of the missile can be attacked within less than 10 minutes from the launch decision. Each ‘Prahaar’ will be housed within a disposable sealed cannister providing a 10-year service-life and very low maintenance costs. The Prahaar will have a range of 150km and carry a 125kg (275lb) warhead.

Launch weight will be about 430kg (990lb), and CEP will be well within 10 metres. Equipped with a fibre-optic gyro-based inertial navigation system combined with a GPS receiver, the Prahaar will use an aft section fitted with stabilising fins and a solid-rocket motor. The warhead section will be built as a modular compartment, designed to carry various types of sub-munitions or a unitary warhead. For example, it will be able to carry up to 400 AT/AP bomblets, scatterable mines, anti-runway munitions and similar loads. The fin-mounted control section will store the guidance and control avionics, driving four flight control surfaces for trajectory shaping.

The ‘Prahaar’ has been developed by the DRDO in cooperation with Israel Aircraft Industries’ (IAI) MLM Systems Integration Division and Israel Military Industries’ (IMI) Rocket Systems Division as a modular kit. By adjusting the ballistic trajectory of the missile to compensate for wind drift and other meteorological effects the Prahaar’s flight control system is claimed to have improved the accuracy of the missile by 4 times the average accuracy of existing unguided MBRL-launched rockets.

Cheers!

Are all American NRIs fell such inferiority complex like you? I think so. Get a life. All your lies and ignorance can be refuted in a minute with delays and cost over run in those famous labs but do not want to waste on you. Stop lying.

Do you have anything substantial to add ?? Or you want to hide behind the 'wastage of my time argument' of yours.....anyways i am not an NRI ...i hardly live in US..I travel to US normally on business..i am a Mumbaikar , born in Kerala (clarifying since you choose to label me without knowing me)
....i am waiting for the minute of your so called rebuttal.

Do you have anything substantial to add ?? Or you want to hide behind the 'wastage of my time argument' of yours.....anyways i am not an NRI ...i hardly live in US..I travel to US normally on business..i am a Mumbaikar , born in Kerala (clarifying since you choose to label me without knowing me)

Oh.. I'm sure you are telling the truth that you are a mallu ( keralite ).... Only a Mallu can be so condescending and jealous ... They look down upon everything and are quick to find fault in every achievement no matter who does it... It's in their DNA ..!!! So ignore this anathema dude for he'll never understand and be satisfied with any rebuttal .. this guy is just a waste of time...!!!

Oh.. I'm sure you are telling the truth that you are a mallu ( keralite ).... Only a Mallu can be so condescending and jealous ... They look down upon everything and are quick to find fault in every achievement no matter who does it... It's in their DNA ..!!! So ignore this anathema dude for he'll never understand and be satisfied with any rebuttal .. this guy is just a waste of time...!!!

stop it right now all of you stop derailing the thread and get back to the discussion

Calm down buddy .... I think your point of view is telling to be moderate .... But credit should be given where it's due 'cause it works as fuel for them to achieve much more.

Calm down buddy there's no need to get personal .... remember we are Indians first.

Back
Top Bottom