What's new

Prahaar Missile to be test-fired on Sunday

DRDO does far less publicity stunts than it should or other similar labs do around the world. People even do not know about huge achievements of it.

Please spare me from that one....Labs around the world have proven themselves...they have decades of experience behind them...and when they say they can do it ...most often than not...they will pull it off....shall we say the same is the case with DRDO....DRDO is still in its infancy...it is still struggling with baby steps .....best is do the work and let the hardwork talk about you....

I mean about guidance systems not the way of propulsions

It is downgraded version of current missiles. I mean about range.

It has no similarity with Prithvi , solid or range. Total new missile.

Let us wait till Sunday but I thought the test may be at the end of July.

The first test of the missile is expected to take place in 17th July 2011. The missile fills the short range tactical battlefield missile role as required by the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force, to take out strategic and tactical targets. The mobile launch platform will carry six missile which can have different kind of warheads meant for different targets. This solid fueled missile can be launched within 2-3 minutes[2] without any preparation providing significantly better reaction time than liquid fueled Prithvi ballistic missiles and act as a gap filler in the 150 km range, between the Pinaka Multi Barrel Rocket Launcher and Smerch MBRL in one end and the Prithvi ballistic missiles on the other. Prahaar may replace Smerch systems in service with the Indian Army.[3]

so this will be a tactical battle field use missile with strategic use capability and the article is right i think this is India's response to the Pakistani Nasr missile

prahar1.jpg

where is the missile in the picture? sorry but all i see is a TEL

Eagerly waiting for test and allspecifications and details...

The white thing inside the casing is the missile.

This picture is of the concept TEL model of Nirbhay Cruise Missile...displaying a quadruple launcher...

It is evident from the round nose and booster motor attached at the bottom of the missile...

Prahaar can never be considered a response to Nasr,because it is impossible to develop a weapons system within 3 months...Deveolpment on both Nasr and Prahaar started around the same time...also Prahaar appears to be more advanced than Nasr,because of more range and multiple stages...

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Prahaar Pic:-

Indian_anti-ballistic-missile.jpg

Lol....this is the Israeli Arrow ABM...

Back
Top Bottom