What's new

PPP's ex-envoy to US, Indian lobbies working against F-16 deal: defence minister

he was not pakistani envoy in USA but US envoy in pakistan embassy USA :rofl:

Please feel free to disagree, but Pakistan has its own lobbying firms in DC for which it pays a pretty penny. Perhaps it should ask them to step up their efforts. That would be the correct thing to do in this case.

Add to that the influence of the expats in the US. Obama campaigned for their support in 2012, along with plenty of other congressional/ state/ local politicians. There's no such thing as a free lunch, and you got to start calling in your favors, however for 8 F-16s? Waste of time.

Add to that the influence of the expats in the US. Obama campaigned for their support in 2012, along with plenty of other congressional/ state/ local politicians. There's no such thing as a free lunch, and you got to start calling in your favors, however for 8 F-16s? Waste of time.

The problem with the expats is that they do something that is no longer allowed within Pakistan - think for themselves. Thus, any differences in what Pakistan should do from the prescribed green line is immediately attacked as betrayal. As we can see, that simply does not work. Let anyone argue against more F-16s to build a few schools and hospitals and see what happens. :D

The problem with the expats is that they do something that is no longer allowed within Pakistan - think for themselves. Thus, any differences in what Pakistan should do from the prescribed green line is immediately attacked as betrayal. As we can see, that simply does not work. Let anyone argue against more F-16s to build a few schools and hospitals and see what happens. :D

True, the idiots back home need to fix the house.

But whats the use of building a few more schools and hospitals when there aren't any teachers or doctors. I've visited a few "research" universities millions of dollars of equipment sitting in basements or storage gathering dust.

Just came back from visiting a friend working in an educational NGO in Balochistan/Sindh. Entire "schools" empty. I'll be more than happy to share the photos of ransacked desks, "stolen" boundary walls/ roofs.

I'm tired of hearing "Aap ko kia hai? Aap to America rahtha ho. Pakistan kay maslay aapko kqun maslay day thay hain?"

My response of "Like people like leaders". flips off a couple feathers.

The ball is in Pakistan's court, a smart country wouldn't allow it's national security to be held hostage.

The US wants to keep the F-16 line open for a few more orders, perhaps it's time for Pakistan to move away from it's F-16 fetish.
Fully agree with you PAF and its stupid thinkers hijacked entire nation with their fetish love which will one day make us regret

Hope ARMY should keep these stupid jn check they are playing into powerfull enemy IAF hand

IAF day by day been stronger it will make PAK ARMY weaker if our skies left with no mercy and walk in a park for IAF with current PAF inventory

Humble request as a pakistani to ARMY and core commanders please rethink on our Airforce capability it is lowest in entire asia

Countries like vietnam posses twin engine air superiority time for army to take over Airforce think tank and send these stupid old minded PAF thinkers to home where they belong

Hope ARMY atleast take our saying into consideration yes we are not professional but we analyse the situation with tons of hours reaserching complex air fighting hope atleast they consider

Countries like vietnam posses twin engine air superiority time for army to take over Airforce think tank and send these stupid old minded PAF thinkers to home where they belong

Vietnam and Pakistani defense requirements are different. Vietnam needs to stretch it's airforce to reach the fringes of Spartly Islands.

India needs to have it's airforce reach across it's airspace.

Pakistan needs area defense. With most of it's bases, about what 100km from the border?

Its time US understands that this is not 90's anymore, we already have JF17 Thunders's, in time it will improve leaps and bounds. I agree Pee Pee Pee should never ever come to power again they have already done too much damage and are continuing in Sindh, Haqqani the treacherous snake shouldn't have been allowed to leave Pakistan in the first place.

JF-17 and F-16 aren't in the same class of fighter.

there are alternative that Pakistan could go for

J-10B would make the most sense. probably could buy 3 J-10B at friendship prices with China for every F-16 blk 52+

so 24 J-10B every year for 5 years would come to 120 J-10B. each costing about $30 to $40 million

equals $3.6 to $4.8 billion dollars add in some other stuff and you are looking a procurement cost of $6 billion for 120 F-16 class fighters. not bad.

PPP give much damage to country than serve the nations.
1. Seperation of Bangladesh
2. American operation in abbottabad
3. Swiss casess
4. Memogate Scandal and Bad Character Haqani still barking against Pakistan in case of f16s and other army weapon procurements.
5. Zordari Billion Dollars Fraude with country
6. Raja Rental Case
7. Steel Mill failed, PIA went to Losses. Railways went almost off during PPP Govt
8. Salala Checkpost attack by American
9. Karachi worse situtions, hundred of thousand innocent people target killing on peak
10. Pakistan traped in IMF Program in start by PPP govt
11. Now Another Zordari still in govt in the body of BABA Saeen Bhang Wali Ganj Sarkar
12. Dollar girls gang of zordari

check some assembly clever thieves and their law ammendments or ways of corruptions
1. Rangers will not do operation against any govt officers (Legal protection to criminals)
2. Assembly members will get pensions after retire from assembly ( new type of corruption)
3. Beautiparlor with 13crore for assembly memebers ( against the ethics of poor country people)
4. Criminal Procecusion Bill ( In which sindh govt have all rights to withdraw any case even terror casess by passing the country laws, supreme court etc)
5. for the first time against the Islam against the country laws wine selling liciense
6. Zordari against Pakistan during INDO USA Nuclear Deal withdraw Pakistan Case in favour of India 21 Foreign Secretaries sign a document in which they told that it was against Pakistan benefitting india.
7. upcoming project is " Meesaaq E Money" in which they are trying to finish all corruption casess by passing a bill in sindh assembly. it mean do more and more corruption and then give exemption by providing legal protection through assembly.

Why fix something when the dollars keep on flowing in with the situation just as it is? Where is the incentive to change anything?

To be completely honest, the financial situations of my extended family is a lot better now.

Cousins educated, continuing higher education, or working. The dollars flowing from my family's wallets back home are just to care for my dadi and nani-amis. And will drop to just my parents, once my youngest brother finishes college in 3 years, they'll probably decide to move back home.

That too too just fund any gap in budget from their social security.

To be completely honest, the financial situations of my extended family is a lot better now.

Cousins educated, continuing higher education, or working. The dollars flowing from my family's wallets back home are just to care for my dadi and nani-amis. And will drop to just my parents, once my youngest brother finishes college in 3 years, they'll probably decide to move back home.

That too too just fund any gap in budget from their social security.

Those are just the remittances. The largess of the US taxpayers adds many more billions every year, channeled into Pakistan in many ways.

Those are just the remittances. The largess of the US taxpayers adds many more billions every year, channeled into Pakistan in many ways.

At a minimum 80% of all USAID has to be spent in the US. (If i'm not mistaken its been a while since I looked at the rules). And that doesn't include the NGOs that are working there, however many have scaled back their operations.

But yeah that is a lot of consultant fees, products/ services, transportation bills paid for. Both a blessing and a curse, some nations have wielded foreign aid in a productive manner, others are just interested in free shit.

At a minimum 80% of all USAID has to be spent in the US.

Incorrect. While the companies and consultants may be US-based, the monies spent must be to promote the primary mission of USAID, "to ending extreme poverty and promoting the development of resilient, democratic societies" in recipient countries, not within USA.

J-10B would make the most sense. probably could buy 3 J-10B at friendship prices with China for every F-16 blk 52+

so 24 J-10B every year for 5 years would come to 120 J-10B. each costing about $30 to $40 million

F16 blk52+ for $90 millon? Heard F35 cost would come down to $85 million in 2020, seems a much better deal.

Last edited:
F16 blk52+ for $90 millon? Heard F35 cost would come down to $85 million in 2020, which seems a much better deal.

F-35 cost will continue go down every year , but we would never ever sell Pakistan F-35s, and even if we did the cost to fly and maintain them would be immense efficiently keeping them grounded.

I don't know the exact unit cost of the F-16 blk 52+ but judging by Moroccos purchase of 24 for $2.4 billion back in 2007-11 I came to that number, but that also included weapons and other services

I would say $75 to $85 million is about right.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom