What's new

Power crisis intensifies as shortfall widens

Patriots

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Monday, May 27, 2013 - Karachi—The power crisis was compounded in the metropolis when already crippled power supply suffered another setback, as a power plant at Bin Qasim Thermal Power Station ceased functioning causing the system to fall short of 560 Megawatts. According to sources with the Karachi Electric Supply Company Limited (KESC), the plant-2 had to be shut down consequent upon tripping and deficient supply of gas t the company. The sources further informed that the city is being provided the electricity from plant-1 alone.

According to sources with the Karachi Electric Supply Company Limited (KESC), the company requires 276 million cubic feet of gas; but it is being furnished with less than half the requisite amount, which in turn, worsened the power crisis in the city.

Several city areas including Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Shah Faisal Colony, Nazimabad, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Landhi, Surjani Town, Korangi and Baldia Town are suffering from load shedding for past numerous hours now. The power supply is suspended even in areas which have been exempted from load shedding.—NNI

Power crisis intensifies as shortfall widens

KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Coordination Committee said on Monday that a national approach needs to be adopted in resolving the power and water crisis in Karachi, Express News reported.

Member of the MQM Coordination Committee Haider Abbas Rizvi alleged an artificial power crisis was being created to cover up for the fact that most of the gas reserves of Sindh were being transferred to the Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (SNGPL).

Rizvi said the financial discrepancies between Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC) and Karachi Electric Supply Company (KESC) had occurred way in the past and could easily be resolved through better financial management. Why was gas supply being reduced in the hottest months of the year, he asked.

The MQM leader said that residents of Karachi were already victims of loadshedding and were facing the now facing the resultant water shortage despite being regular tax-payers. He added that making Karachiites suffer would only be detrimental to Pakistan’s economy in the long-run.

Rizvi added that the MQM is willing to assist the government in resolving the power crisis of Karachi

http://tribune.com.pk/story/555013/mqm-demands-national-approach-to-solving-electricity-water-crisis-in-karachi/

and now the prime minister to be has also started to forget his promises of ending load shedding

and now the prime minister to be has also started to forget his promises of ending load shedding

if you want every problem to be solved in 90 days, apply for a visa.. to any country... :rofl:
things take time.. there is no magic bullet for this sort of issues..

Let power come to the hands of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and he'll demonstrate how he can put down the load shedding dragon.

Anybody claiming to end load shedding, whether the PM-elect or PTI or anyone else, is lying.

Our loadshedding is here to stay, although it can get better somewhat with concerted effort, but never completely.

Give me power for 5 years and I will make Pakistan a power surplus country.
The resources to end this drama are at our hand but we are far more interested in kursi and democracy than solving problems.

if you want every problem to be solved in 90 days, apply for a visa.. to any country... :rofl:
things take time.. there is no magic bullet for this sort of issues..

Problem is he won't even get visa in 90 days even to the Saudia.

The resources to end this drama are at our hand but we are far more interested in kursi and democracy than solving problems.
Give me power of pakistan for 1 day, I will solve all my problems.. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

You are right ... Infact rulers are not interested to solve problems ... We have coal reserves but can't use them .......

The IPPs have challenged the sovereign guarantee by govt of pakistan in LHC according to mubashar luqman..

is it true?

401096_473740612702157_2050328489_n.jpg

Ok, your the PM of Pakistan for 5 years. Now you say 'do this do that' but will the ministers listen? Will the government officials do what you say?

The top are pretty much figure heads, most of the power is in the hands of the bureaucrats in whether they decide to do something.

Back
Top Bottom